Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic (5 - 6)

47 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I'm never confident with Roos saving penalties. Was never that confident with Joe Lewis either to be fair. I have absolutely no stats to back this up, but when Langfield was facing a penalty I often thought, "This fat bastard is saving this." Particularly later on in his Dons career

You mean apart from the Penalty that Lewis saved? In the final?

thought they both were pens, hoilett and handball, admittedly biased as fuck. 

we couldn’t have asked much more of players and that’s why we need better players in the summer. That Celtic side was beatable and we couldn’t do it giving it everything we had. 

if our plan is to sell Miovski to fund it then there will be a huge drop off in quality in our team. He’s without a doubt the best forward we’ve had in 30 odd years. Unbelievable.

another Hampden day we will look back on as a real missed opportunity. Phillips penalty was an abomination. No belief. Fuck. So close 

19 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

His right foot looks like it is on the line, I believe that it is fine under the new rules.

Yeah it's not 100% clear but I thought at the time he was off his line. To be fair, Roos looked off his line every penalty. Had he saved one I think it'd have been retaken.

Wasn't at the game because since the shambles management of the club since Cormack's tenure has kicked in I feared the worst.

However did watch the whole game on the box and was pleasantly surprised at the spirit and performance shown by almost all of the players.

Why was that, given that the majority of our performances this season have been poor?

1) Did the impending appointment of Thelin boost the players?

2) Did Leven employ the correct tactics?

3) Do the team generally play better without Shinnie?

4) Are Celtic not as good as the media try to tell us?

The answer is probably a bit of all 4 reasons. 

The only criticism I have on any player from yesterday is we surely can source a better keeper than Roos. He wasn't that convincing during the match and certainly didn't look like he could save a penalty if they were taken all day.

The position has to be a number one priority signing for Thelin.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Wasn't at the game because since the shambles management of the club since Cormack's tenure has kicked in I feared the worst.

However did watch the whole game on the box and was pleasantly surprised at the spirit and performance shown by almost all of the players.

Why was that, given that the majority of our performances this season have been poor?

1) Did the impending appointment of Thelin boost the players?

2) Did Leven employ the correct tactics?

3) Do the team generally play better without Shinnie?

4) Are Celtic not as good as the media try to tell us?

The answer is probably a bit of all 4 reasons. 

The only criticism I have on any player from yesterday is we surely can source a better keeper than Roos. He wasn't that convincing during the match and certainly didn't look like he could save a penalty if they were taken all day.

The position has to be a number one priority signing for Thelin.

I don’t think shinnie was a factor. There’s been many games we’ve won because he’s driven us on.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, RUL said:

I don’t think shinnie was a factor. There’s been many games we’ve won because he’s driven us on.

I think we would have won that game today with Shinnie playing. 

Polvara was one of the few weak links in the team.

It was his chance to show he could be a big game player.

He didn't take it. 

2 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

Or he should not be captain and played in a different position?

Nah. 
His best position is (was) centre midfield, ratting about the opposition, driving the team on. 
Not sure he can do that every week. 
He’s definitely lost the ability to do it every game, & has lost a yard. 
Maybe it’s age, maybe it’s his illness which will be debilitating. 
I’m not saying don’t ever play him, just do it less so & not every week. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nah. 
His best position is (was) centre midfield, ratting about the opposition, driving the team on. 
Not sure he can do that every week. 
He’s definitely lost the ability to do it every game, & has lost a yard. 
Maybe it’s age, maybe it’s his illness which will be debilitating. 
I’m not saying don’t ever play him, just do it less so & not every week. 

My son has been through what Shinnie has been through, perhaps worse.

However once illness is under control normal life is perfectly achievable.

Shinnie may be failing a bit due to age, particularly in the legs, not the illness. 

By the way my son still plays football twice a week, aged nearly 29, and is one of the fittest players in his team.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I think we would have won that game today with Shinnie playing

Polvara was one of the few weak links in the team.

It was his chance to show he could be a big game player.

He didn't take it. 

Totally disagree with this. Ive liked Shinnie in the past but we just dont play that way with him.

He is constantly charging about in a way he cant manage anymore leaving gaps to exploit. He also takes too many touches and loses the ball too much.

Yesterday in the good passages of play we were much better at quickly getting forward in to dangerous areas. Clarkson was his old self for a start.

14 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Langfield stepped up when it mattered in an important penalty shootout. Made an early save in the league cup final we won.

Whereas Roos saves nothing then puts off our own takers acting like a drama queen.

I’d like to see us play Doohan for the rest of the season. Roos is away anyway

Aye. He must be thick as mince. Anyone with half a brain cell would know just to quietly move to the side, sit down, let your own player take his penalty quickly, then just remain sitting down and call the physio on when Celtic are waiting to take theirs. This clown did the exact opposite of what any normal thinking human being would do. He'd have been better just crawling off the pitch and staying off it - was more likely a Celtic player would put it wide or over the bar than him save one of them anyway. Wonder if Ryan Duncan's chinned him yet...

• Thanks 1