Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic (5 - 6)

Just now, VinegarStrokes said:

Who's getting carried away? Sometimes it's ok just to enjoy going to a game and watching your team give their all and give them a bit of credit for it. Rather that than be a moaning faced cunt online slagging everyone and everything connected to the club. I've sat through a heap of shite this season under Robson and Warnock and today wasn't anything like that, I was proud of the resolve the players showed even if we clearly could use some more quality.

Everybody's aware of the issues at the club and the important changes required to the playing squad and the off field set up, it gets recycled on here every day. Today I enjoyed being in with 9000 other Dons fans all pulling for the club to get the result but it wasn't to be. 

Each to their own though. 

Exactly. 

40 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

This has been done plenty of times but I'll go over it again, if it wasn't for Anderson bailing him out with 5 minutes to go when clangers dropped a simple cross at the feet of an ICT player, we would have lost that final due to that useless cunt Langfield.

But still better man to have in the trenches than , that Duch , Duffing , Duchess. 
Duch , Duffing , Duchess.  Duch , Duffing , Duchess.  Duch , Duffing , Duchess.
Duch , Duffing , Duchess. Duch , Duffing , Duchess. Duch , Duffing , Duchess. 🤪

18 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Was a great support today, gave the team backing throughout and they repaid us with everything they had and you can't really ask for much more than that. Magic bounce for the 3rd especially, hugging strangers in every direction. Some of the criticism of the players reading back through this thread is just mental 😂 (apart from Roos). 

Thought at the time Robertson had awarded the penalty, can't understand why he took so long to blow for a foul on Johnston with us in possession and McKenzie getting off a shot before the CCV/Hoilett challenge. Hope the club come out and challenge that publicly but at the least there should be conversations going on behind closed doors.

Credit to Leven too, got the tactics spot on throughout. 

I’m an auld cunt and I’m not one for clapping and singing when we get beat. Fuck that. But the times I recall doing it, are when we turn up, we play well and we leave everything out there. Every single fan we had there today appreciated what they saw.

porto at home 1984

hun skol cup 1987

hun skol cup 1988

today

probably others, but can’t remember 

The sentiment on here is very different, from a few,  not all,  and they’re entitled to their opinion, but the opinion of those few is different from those at Hampden, well the ones I saw, know or spoke to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Does anyone actually know what the foul was?  If there was a foul prior to the pen, then fair enough.  But could somebody tell/show us what the foul was.

It was one of those special fouls that doesn't look like a foul at all at the time, but 5 seconds later when the team that (supposedly) committed the foul wins a penalty it becomes obvious that it actually was a foul all along. 

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

Don't think he gave the pen. He gave a foul against Aberdeen player before it I THINK... that's the get out of jail card.

What summed it up was the following:

Hart missed his pen and VAR check on Roos being off his line haha. No check on whether Hart was off his line for Phillips pen...

He only gave the 'foul' by Hoilett on Johnson 5 seconds later when Carter-Vickers fouled Hoilett. Cvnt should be demoted to primary school football.

37 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Was a great support today, gave the team backing throughout and they repaid us with everything they had and you can't really ask for much more than that. Magic bounce for the 3rd especially, hugging strangers in every direction. Some of the criticism of the players reading back through this thread is just mental 😂 (apart from Roos). 

Thought at the time Robertson had awarded the penalty, can't understand why he took so long to blow for a foul on Johnston with us in possession and McKenzie getting off a shot before the CCV/Hoilett challenge. Hope the club come out and challenge that publicly but at the least there should be conversations going on behind closed doors.

Credit to Leven too, got the tactics spot on throughout. 

I’d of given you 2 one ups for that if I could, min.👏

9 minutes ago, neilser said:

He only gave the 'foul' by Hoilett on Johnson 5 seconds later when Carter-Vickers fouled Hoilett. Cvnt should be demoted to primary school football.

Yeah I've watched both decisions back.

Handball wasn't outside the box. Johnston wasn't fouled and it was a pen. Simple as.

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

They did really well today but it had to end in tears per the whole season.

A pretty fucking mental season. 

You’re right, min! Hard to fathom a performance like that, some of the European performances v the rest of the season

mind boggling actually. Same players, so they’ve got it in them.

anyway, 5 games to go and it’s over. Anything not <9th is fine and we put this whole shit show behind us.

I'm very proud of the teams performance and felt they really deserved something from the game.

Surely our best performance (if not result) vs sellick for very many years.  It just shows what the right attitude and application can do and Leven deserves a lot of credit for getting a performance like that.

Lots of people deserve praise.  Miovski, Solker, Baron, Hoilett and Gartenman probably my picks.  I would like to see the first two deployed together more often.  McDonald deserves credit for coming back with a goal and a penalty, after his selling the jerseys for their equaliser.

We were quite unfortunate with 3 (?) players getting bad cramp.

My only criticism was that we allowed Roos' cramp incident to significantly hold up our penalty which we then naturally missed.  It was clear as day that was going to happen.  I cant believe Roos didnt think to shuffle off to the side at least, or that the management team didnt think to tell him to move either FFS.

So the way we started today, was that 'Jimmy-ball'? I thought the midfield was going to be lightweight and over run but nothing like it. Could have easily scored 5 or 6 today.

No bad performers on the day, subs and tactital changes worked well (other than Morris was pretty anonymous and Phillips who's a fucking donkey). Duncan seems to play better as an aggressor rather than a passive player so may have a future. 

• Upvote 1

Here's a thought; assuming we cash in on Miovski in the Summer, why don't we try to entice Danny Ward back on a deal, either loan or permanent? I hear he's been short of first team football in recent times, which seems a criminal waste of a very good goalkeeper, so why not...

MacDonald definitely fkd up for goal & was easily bullied with a wee push in back when trying to keep his feet behind the ball. He fkd up 

Make no mistake though. Had that been at other end the goal would have been chopped off & free kick awarded to them. Especially if it had been to put us 2 up. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

My only criticism was that we allowed Roos' cramp incident to significantly hold up our penalty which we then naturally missed.  It was clear as day that was going to happen.  I cant believe Roos didnt think to shuffle off to the side at least, or that the management team didnt think to tell him to move either FFS.

Roos was an unbelieveably stupid cunt. If you're going to lie there with cramp, do it before a Celtic penalty. 

Instead he pussied around, and absolutely sold Ryan Duncan right up the river. 

I'm sick to death of Roos. If we never saw his face around Pittodrie again it would be too soon. 

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

For starters, known Tims Collum, Don Robertson & Clancy shouldn’t  be allowed to referee the Tims. 

Similarly Beaton, Aitken, McLean etc shouldn’t be allowed near a hun game.  

Not saying this isn't the case, but what proof do you have that all the examples given are Celtic or Rangers fans? 

Like I say they may well be fans as you say, but I think it's more these refs are following orders higher up, irrespective of who they support. 

3 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Here's a thought; assuming we cash in on Miovski in the Summer, why don't we try to entice Danny Ward back on a deal, either loan or permanent? I hear he's been short of first team football in recent times, which seems a criminal waste of a very good goalkeeper, so why not...

It’s criminal that a national No.1 keeper is back up keeper & never even getting games for a championship club but if he does go on loan I get the feeling it would be to Wrexham as they’ve been promoted & he’s from there

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Exactly. 

I too was very proud to be in the 9000 today. Made more noise than what must have been 4 times as many Celtic fans. Wonderful team spirit and if anyone again says in future that Barron is not passionate as an Aberdeen player they should be called out We did miss a few really good chances but we are creating them now. Sadly the ref and VAR have conspired against us again just as Robertson did in the League Cup final.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, G man said:

I too was very proud to be in the 9000 today. Made more noise than what must have been 4 times as many Celtic fans. Wonderful team spirit and if anyone again says in future that Barron is not passionate as an Aberdeen player they should be called out We did miss a few really good chances but we are creating them now. Sadly the ref and VAR have conspired against us again just as Robertson did in the League Cup final.

He's a hun mongol. He has strung us along for years. He's not nearly as good as he thinks he is and I personally wouldn't have him playing for Aberdeen. Not today. Not ever. 

• Dildo 3
2 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

He's a hun mongol. He has strung us along for years. He's not nearly as good as he thinks he is and I personally wouldn't have him playing for Aberdeen. Not today. Not ever. 

Pathetic, get the chip off your shoulder .

Who needs fans like you . 

6 minutes ago, oldskooldon said:

Fuck paedos and the huns. Both out of Scotland!!!!

Huns were paedos as well mind, caught out for it, just at a lessor level than the green brigade, who are serial paedos

the paedos paedo if you will.

hope both clubs rot in hell.

53 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I’d of given you 2 one ups for that if I could, min.👏

Watching on replay, Robertson makes no signal when Johnston goes down and only makes a signal after the Carter - Vickers foul. It is a other embarrassing ref then VAR decision.

5 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

It's a weegie trait. Like incest and heroin addiction. 

Where was Dennis Andrew Nilsen from?

the man who not only killed children, but sodomised their dead corpses.

carefull not to fling wide nets.