Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic (5 - 6)

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

Totally disagree with this. Ive liked Shinnie in the past but we just dont play that way with him.

He is constantly charging about in a way he cant manage anymore leaving gaps to exploit. He also takes too many touches and loses the ball too much.

Yesterday in the good passages of play we were much better at quickly getting forward in to dangerous areas. Clarkson was his old self for a start.

👆this.

Very unfortunate for Shinnie, but very true too.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

My son has been through what Shinnie has been through, perhaps worse.

However once illness is under control normal life is perfectly achievable.

Shinnie may be failing a bit due to age, particularly in the legs, not the illness. 

By the way my son still plays football twice a week, aged nearly 29, and is one of the fittest players in his team.

Does he take penalties too?

Liked the fact that Leven and the players who were interviewed all pointed out to Rob McLean that they didn't do enough yesterday, and should've done better.

McLean still must have a touch of the condescending scottish media about him. You know the usual "Oh guys you must be so proud. What a fabulous performance against the glorious Glasgow Celtic! What an honour to take them to penalties."

Yesterday is the reason why even if you’re sure the team are going to lose and are a bunch of weak willed arseholes you should always get a ticket. 

It’s difficult to describe the rush for our goals yesterday, particularly the second and third. 
Win that shootout and that was straight into top 5 favourite games of all time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Yesterday is the reason why even if you’re sure the team are going to lose and are a bunch of weak willed arseholes you should always get a ticket. 

It’s difficult to describe the rush for our goals yesterday, particularly the second and third. 
Win that shootout and that was straight into top 5 favourite games of all time. 

Friday night I said I wasn't gonna go. 

Woke up really early yesterday and decided to take the car. And I hate watching us without a drink. 

So glad I did. I don't think there's been a rollercoaster like that for many a year. I was absolutely shattered when I got home. 

Vewy pwoud of the team, but I'll be pwouder if they keep up that level of performance in the next 5 games. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Liked the fact that Leven and the players who were interviewed all pointed out to Rob McLean that they didn't do enough yesterday, and should've done better.

McLean still must have a touch of the condescending scottish media about him. You know the usual "Oh guys you must be so proud. What a fabulous performance against the glorious Glasgow Celtic! What an honour to take them to penalties."

Ye spotted that in Macleans tone it’s the mentality that seems to be about the club/Scottish football.  It makes me sick.

• Upvote 1

Very shite season but can’t complain with our efforts in the cups. Won some hard games against likes of hibs and killie and stayed in the games against rangers / Celtic. Also seen off the lower league teams with ease, which isn’t always the case. 

just need to make sure we are always turning up in the cups and are ready to take our chance. Any time the draw opens up with rangers or Celtic going out we seem to find ourselves getting pumped by Dundee united or st Johnstone etc

Aye I've not felt that emotion at a game for a very long time the pure ecstasy fan first the equaliser to make it 2-2 and then the goal to take it to penalties it was a an unbelievable feeling.  The first time I've also seen my 7 year old bairn truly upset at the end of a dons game.  Fair play to the Tim's fans as we were parked up at Asda, we were in about thousands of them and they spoke and told us we should have won it.  All in all though gutted we're not coming back in May but proud of the lads.  Just goes to show there's not as big a clear out needed as fot folk are saying. 

Cameron Carter-Vickers has admitted he thought he had given away an extra-time penalty when the Celtic defender caught Aberdeen winger Junior Hoilett in the box in Saturday's epic last-four encounter

I will finish it!

Then he remembered he was playing for Celtic and there was no way VAR would give it against them in a Semi 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Just watched the highlights from premier sports on YouTube. You really do wonder if the game is rigged. They didn’t show a replay of the scales handball just showed if live which you couldn’t see fuck all from that distance. They didn’t show the hoilett pen incident at all in highlights. That in itself if baffling 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Red Granite said:

Aye I've not felt that emotion at a game for a very long time the pure ecstasy fan first the equaliser to make it 2-2 and then the goal to take it to penalties it was a an unbelievable feeling.  The first time I've also seen my 7 year old bairn truly upset at the end of a dons game.  Fair play to the Tim's fans as we were parked up at Asda, we were in about thousands of them and they spoke and told us we should have won it.  All in all though gutted we're not coming back in May but proud of the lads.  Just goes to show there's not as big a clear out needed as fot folk are saying. 

Aye, all of that true. 

It makes me a wee bit worried though that we've performed in games where teams let is play....Celtic were sharp in attack yesterday, but they're a team that allow the opposition space and time.

We're no so good against the St Mirren's and Dundee's of this world, who squeeze us far more. We rarely dominate a game, and it would be great to see a Thelin team keep all this mid-table dross that we struggle against, on the back foot. 

4 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Aye, all of that true. 

It makes me a wee bit worried though that we've performed in games where teams let is play....Celtic were sharp in attack yesterday, but they're a team that allow the opposition space and time.

We're no so good against the St Mirren's and Dundee's of this world, who squeeze us far more. We rarely dominate a game, and it would be great to see a Thelin team keep all this mid-table dross that we struggle against, on the back foot. 

Aye that's it, the top teams that go for the win will always leave space for you to attack and I thought we were very good at that, especially fan Hoilet came on.  It's like you say it's teams that come to Pittodrie for a point that we need to start dominating and dictating on our terms.  Go one or two up early and force them to come out.  Come on Jimmy boy! 

I have just witnessed Celtic fans on twitter claiming it is most definitely a foul on Johnston from Hoilett.

These same fans claimed Boyata on GMS all those years ago wasn't a foul.

These same fans would be ABSOLUTELY screaming 'conspiracy' if it didn't go their way yesterday if they were in that position. The lack of self awareness is staggering. Cheating kid fondling cunts. 

Unless people vote with their feet and stay away or cause disruption across all games outwith those ball sacks then this right now will only get much much worse. Shambles. It needs to stop and fast cause its getting completely out of control and the SFA are rubbing their hands at an arse cheek final, and patting their referees on the back.

Scum bags every one of them.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, slippers said:

Just watched the highlights from premier sports on YouTube. You really do wonder if the game is rigged. They didn’t show a replay of the scales handball just showed if live which you couldn’t see fuck all from that distance. They didn’t show the hoilett pen incident at all in highlights. That in itself if baffling 

Don't wonder. Its been obvious for years.

It's no surprise many are turning their backs on it.

30 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I have just witnessed Celtic fans on twitter claiming it is most definitely a foul on Johnston from Hoilett.

These same fans claimed Boyata on GMS all those years ago wasn't a foul.

These same fans would be ABSOLUTELY screaming 'conspiracy' if it didn't go their way yesterday if they were in that position. The lack of self awareness is staggering. Cheating kid fondling cunts. 

Unless people vote with their feet and stay away or cause disruption across all games outwith those ball sacks then this right now will only get much much worse. Shambles. It needs to stop and fast cause its getting completely out of control and the SFA are rubbing their hands at an arse cheek final, and patting their referees on the back.

Scum bags every one of them.

Celtic fans are weird. Tend to be nicer people than huns but they are definitely fucking weirder. Not a single foul against Celtic has ever been the correct decision in their eyes. 

I can often enough see decisions that go aberdeens way and think fuck me that was lucky. But no Celtic fan has ever had this emotion 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Really hope Hearts spoil their

"showpiece final"

"Fitting way to end a season"

It's a fucking disgrace that needs called out 

Folk wonder why we want the pair of beauts pumped in Europe as well.

No way

Can't have hearts coming 3rd and a chance at a Scottish cup win

Hearts are our rivals - I want them out

3 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Wasn't at the game because since the shambles management of the club since Cormack's tenure has kicked in I feared the worst.

However did watch the whole game on the box and was pleasantly surprised at the spirit and performance shown by almost all of the players.

Why was that, given that the majority of our performances this season have been poor?

1) Did the impending appointment of Thelin boost the players?

2) Did Leven employ the correct tactics?

3) Do the team generally play better without Shinnie?

4) Are Celtic not as good as the media try to tell us?

The answer is probably a bit of all 4 reasons. 

The only criticism I have on any player from yesterday is we surely can source a better keeper than Roos. He wasn't that convincing during the match and certainly didn't look like he could save a penalty if they were taken all day.

The position has to be a number one priority signing for Thelin.

First priority is to avoid the playoff spot.  Then other priority’s can take place by Thelin, and there’s more than 3 or 4. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No way

I want Hearts to win, absolutely more than I did yesterday. The huns and Tims can fùck off.

As for the final... hopefully riots and its called off but do I fuck want an arse cheek final. The SFA can fùck clean off.

1 hour ago, Red Granite said:

Ok but they have to produce performances like yesterday more than just a few times. 

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No way

Yep I'm with you.

The financial advantage that the Huns and Tims hold is so great that I've come to terms with the fact they'll win the majority of trophies, and that it's essentially a meaningless achievement when they do so. If Aberdeen are put of contention for any particular competition then I'd settle for Celtic to win everything 100 times out of 100 over Rangers to be the eventual winners, but if it's a choice between Rangers and any other SPFL side to win a trophy then I'd  take the non-hun team to get an absolute pumping as I don't want to see any of our realistic rivals win anything ever again.

Would still laugh like fuck if the Huns got humiliated but I wouldn't be happy with Hearts getting closer to winning something else.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No way

Well there’s no way any Aberdeen supporter should want the cheating mafia sack of shits from the Glaswegian  central belt to win anything. 
I can’t stand Hearts either but would want them to thrash the cheating sack of shits from the mafia controlled Ipox or paralice land.

20 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No way

Hearts to win and then Celtic to win the Scottish cup is the call! 

no “old firm” final

and Celtic fans have been so spoilt the last 10 years that a Scottish cup win against hearts would barely register to them so we wouldn’t even have to listen to them gloat 

19 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No way

A hearts win today to Fcuk the SFAs. Ugly Sisters love fest final. However The jungle Jim’s to win the final as that will just roll off our shoulders. Don’t want the skittery farts to win .that’s worse 

Apologies if this has already been discussed so ignore if appropriate 

Would it be churlish of me if I was to suggest the reason we played so well yesterday (especially in midfield) was BECAUSE Shinnie wasn’t there? 

Great to see the one touch passing, one twos etc all done quickly, something our skipper struggles with.

• Upvote 2