Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic (5 - 6)

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed so ignore if appropriate 

Would it be churlish of me if I was to suggest the reason we played so well yesterday (especially in midfield) was BECAUSE Shinnie wasn’t there? 

Great to see the one touch passing, one twos etc

Couldn't agree more. I like Shinnie and think he was great first time round and  is still a great influence around the club but his legs are gone.

Watching him chasing opponents and never catching them and having to fall over with the ball to get a free kick because he can't break away is really starting to annoy me.

He never really was disciplined in terms of positioning but now he has no pace it really causes issues.

Not enough was said about the fact that our midfield trio of polvara, barron and Clarksons average age is 22 and caused celtic all sorts of problems so perhaps things are looking good for the future minus barron.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Aye, all of that true. 

It makes me a wee bit worried though that we've performed in games where teams let is play....Celtic were sharp in attack yesterday, but they're a team that allow the opposition space and time.

We're no so good against the St Mirren's and Dundee's of this world, who squeeze us far more. We rarely dominate a game, and it would be great to see a Thelin team keep all this mid-table dross that we struggle against, on the back foot. 

We are way below that "mid-table dross" that you talk of, not sure what you'd class us as. 

Another reason why we're famous 

There have only been 7 occasions of a club beating one of the cheeks in the semi and the other in the final, and only 4 of them came with both games at Hampden.

Hibs in the 1972/73 League Cup beat Rangers in the semi and Celtic in the final. Both were played at Hampden.

Aberdeen in the 1976/77 League Cup beat Rangers in the semi and Celtic in the final. Both were played at Hampden.

Aberdeen in the 1982/83 Scottish Cup beat Celtic in the semi and Rangers in the final. Both were played at Hampden.

Aberdeen in the 1989/90 League Cup beat Celtic in the semi and Rangers in the final. Both were played in Hampden.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed so ignore if appropriate 

Would it be churlish of me if I was to suggest the reason we played so well yesterday (especially in midfield) was BECAUSE Shinnie wasn’t there? 

Great to see the one touch passing, one twos etc all done quickly, something our skipper struggles with.

No, not churlish and yes, discussed.

1/.  Peak Shinnie, wrong.  Nae legs Shinnie, could be some truth in that.

2/.  Macgregor isn’t fit and I dont rate the nip they play beside him.  That may be a factor in why we stayed in it yesterday.

3/.  Hard to identify why nae Shinnie meant Clarkson suddenly appeared between their defence and midfield playing those killer passes.  First goal perfect example.  

But.  Most importantly.

4/.  Shinnie isn’t there to play one touch killer passes.  He is there to make sure that when Don Robertson pulls some of that shit yesterday he was going to be straight in his face about it.

But he wasn’t there, and that was his fault.  By the same token, the way VAR was working yesterday he wouldn’t have lasted till extra time had he played anyway.  Straight red for looking annoyed, or frowning, or something similarly serious.

For me his ship maybe hasn’t sailed but the engines fired and the tugs attached.  Needs replaced medium term which puts him down that particular list which starts unquestionably with a an imposing keeper.

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

2/.  Macgregor isn’t fit and I dont rate the nip they play beside him.  That may be a factor in why we stayed in it yesterday.

3/.  Hard to identify why nae Shinnie meant Clarkson suddenly appeared between their defence and midfield playing those killer passes.  First goal perfect example.  

But.  Most importantly.

4/.  Shinnie isn’t there to play one touch killer passes.  He is there to make sure that when Don Robertson pulls some of that shit yesterday he was going to be straight in his face about it.

But he wasn’t there, and that was his fault.  By the same token, the way VAR was working yesterday he wouldn’t have lasted till extra time had he played anyway.  Straight red for looking annoyed, or frowning, or something similarly serious.

For me his ship maybe hasn’t sailed but the engines fired and the tugs attached.  Needs replaced medium term which puts him down that particular list which starts unquestionably with a an imposing keeper.

You don’t rate Hatate? Or Iwata? 

Hatate is probably the best player in the league.

3 minutes ago, don corleone said:

I've just watched the 2 penalty incidents again, the hoilett one, seen it about 15 times now, where is the foul on a Celtic player in the build up? The scales hand ball clearly in the box, what the fuck is the point in var.

The point is to assist 2 clubs.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

But.  Most importantly.

There was an incident recently, might have been County at home. Their goalie hoofs it up the park, Shinnie is eyeballing it, swithering to either trap it, or let it go out for a throw it. He opts for the latter, as he clearly didn’t trust his first touch which would probably result in him making an arse of himself. Sad to see

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Another reason why we're famous 

There have only been 7 occasions of a club beating one of the cheeks in the semi and the other in the final, and only 4 of them came with both games at Hampden.

Hibs in the 1972/73 League Cup beat Rangers in the semi and Celtic in the final. Both were played at Hampden.

Aberdeen in the 1976/77 League Cup beat Rangers in the semi and Celtic in the final. Both were played at Hampden.

Aberdeen in the 1982/83 Scottish Cup beat Celtic in the semi and Rangers in the final. Both were played at Hampden.

Aberdeen in the 1989/90 League Cup beat Celtic in the semi and Rangers in the final. Both were played in Hampden.

Aye, great

Last achievement what, 34 years ago?

Famous all right

• Dildo 1
17 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

MacDonald definitely fkd up for goal & was easily bullied with a wee push in back when trying to keep his feet behind the ball. He fkd up 

Make no mistake though. Had that been at other end the goal would have been chopped off & free kick awarded to them. Especially if it had been to put us 2 up. 

Easy to find a reason to disallow that goal - if you wanted to.

19 hours ago, Tommy said:

Unfortunately there will have been insurance in place for such incidents.

Seen this mentioned on here before (nae sure if it was your good self or not)

Im intrigued - what kind of policy do you think they’ve taken out?

Can’t quite picture Jock Stein phoning up admiral and asking for insurance against court action for abusing kids? Surely admiral be straight on the blower to old bill to report the peado bastards 😄

45 minutes ago, NEM said:

Seen this mentioned on here before (nae sure if it was your good self or not)

Im intrigued - what kind of policy do you think they’ve taken out?

Can’t quite picture Jock Stein phoning up admiral and asking for insurance against court action for abusing kids? Surely admiral be straight on the blower to old bill to report the peado bastards 😄

Public Liability section of their business combined insurance.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Public Liability section of their business combined insurance.

A thought you were on the wind up here, a surely thought that human right act would supersede any liability rights a company could have, then just stumbled upon this.

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/232755177.pdf

this shouldn’t be allowed, disgusting, so aye, they might have insurance which to me is absurd. Explains why they priests get away with so much also.