Thread O Aberdeen

Ke1t

I see Uber has applied for a license to operate in Aberdeen. 

How the fuck do you not already have Uber?

Anyway, now's the time to contact the city if you have any objections to Uber operating in the city. 

I've already sent my letter of objection, and I've provided a link below so you can complain about the modern world too. 

licensing@aberdeencity.gov.uk

:thumbup1:

33 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I see Uber has applied for a license to operate in Aberdeen. 

How the fuck do you not already have Uber?

Anyway, now's the time to contact the city if you have any objections to Uber operating in the city. 

I've already sent my letter of objection, and I've provided a link below so you can complain about the modern world too. 

licensing@aberdeencity.gov.uk

:thumbup1:

Was approved before. Nae cunt wanted to drive for them.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Was approved before. Nae cunt wanted to drive for them.

I thought Uber gave up the licence previously because the city imposed a taxi provision on Uber, which meant that the drivers had to be held to the same standard as taxi drivers and had to learn and pass the entire 'knowledge' of the city despite GPS being a thing. Could be wrong. 

Aberdeen taxis🤣😂

Used to use them all the time, or try to, in my younger days going out every weekend and it was hard work getting one. 
Reason i got from the drivers was not enough drivers willing to do the weekend evening shifts. Fine. But clearly thats going to be the busiest time of the week so surely the companies should get more drivers.

Glasgow taxis on the other hand, 24/7 and cheap af. 

2 hours ago, RAZOR said:

I sometimes say that to the taxi drivers in Aberdeen. Guaranteed bite every time.

Immaturity at it's finest.

Easy bite for them I've seen their faces turn bursting red 🥵 .

I know they hate 

Busy tonight driver nearly everyone that goes in their cab say that to them.

I have a few taxi driving mates they tell me what annoys them and the Uber sets them all off

3 hours ago, Bebo said:

I thought Uber gave up the licence previously because the city imposed a taxi provision on Uber, which meant that the drivers had to be held to the same standard as taxi drivers and had to learn and pass the entire 'knowledge' of the city despite GPS being a thing. Could be wrong. 

Uber have to do that in loads of places, nae PERSON in Aberdeen with a licence would drive for them.

1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Didn't take off last time because there weren't enough impoverished drivers willing to be exploited in Aberdeen.

Since then a small army have arrived via dinghies, dirigibles and pedalos. Be interesting to see if any of them have drivers licenses. 

They share a legitimate users account and pay them a percentage. Same on Deliveroo.

7 hours ago, BrisDon said:

Also, unless you live outside Aberdeen when do you need an Uber you lazy cunts? You can walk from anywhere to anywhere in the city in 30-45 minutes. 

You can’t walk from Cove to Hilton in 30-45 mins as I found out to my cost getting the wrong late bus home last year 🤦🏻😄

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, BrisDon said:

Also, unless you live outside Aberdeen when do you need an Uber you lazy cunts? You can walk from anywhere to anywhere in the city in 30-45 minutes. 

Who the fuck is walking into or back from town to BOD,Dyce, Boxy unless you're on Ectos. You won't even get to Tilly from the back of Bucksburn in 30 mins let alone town.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Who the fuck is walking into or back from town to BOD,Dyce, Boxy unless you're on Ectos. You won't even get to Tilly from the back of Bucksburn in 30 mins let alone town.

A’body, since they got rid of the street bikes

35 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Once thought I’d walk home to dyce on E’s when I was about 20. Some boy came out a lane beside gents hairdressing at 126 and caught me with a wonderful hook. Shiner for ages. 

sometimes easier to run the gauntlet instead of the late night bus back to the hood

1 hour ago, cheesepipes said:

Once walked from BOD to Hazlehead at 5am one Saturday morning whilst off my face on Ectos. After a night in town, I went back to a flat in BOD with a female, did the deed and then left after swiping her knickers. Spent a fair bit of the walk home scooping the pink lacy treasure from my pocket and ingesting a massive inhale of fishy goodness. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Many times as an 18/19 yo.

If it was a bus fare or kebab choice at the end of the night. The bus never won.

11 hours ago, BrisDon said:

You can't walk from Bridge of Don to Garthdee in 45 mins.