Taxi for Calderwood?

And congratulations to jimmy now has the record of games for scoring 1 goal or less in.

A great manager :)

If you play nagative boring football the crowds will drop and you wont get money to buy your way into a decent place in the league?

Do you not remember how bad we were in the middle of last season, getting pumped away to motherwell sticks in my mind.

:dontknow::blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

:dontknow:

Do you not remember how bad we were in the middle of last season, getting pumped away to motherwell sticks in my mind.

hud on a wee minty here

so a wee defeat on a on off bad day v M'Well is terrible

but routinely getting pumped home & away by everyone in the SPL, never mind the OF are the good old days we should return to ??

come on min, i know you're not keen of Calderwood by a little bit of common sense, let your hatered of him take one for the good of the team.

Guest CAPSLOCK
If you play nagative boring football the crowds will drop

HERE'S AN IDEA, DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND JOIN THE FLEEING MILLIONS.

YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY GET A BIT OF PERSPECTIVE.

:dontknow:

mmm ignore the figure of the last few years before calderwood taken over for me as we only played the old firm 3 times. But it must be concerning that we are 400 down yet this is our best season for a very long time, ok we will be just above the figure once we have played rangers but its a concern that the crowds are low. Obviously the paying punters are not happy with a winning team overall.

Guest El Padre
mmm ignore the figure of the last few years before calderwood taken over for me as we only played the old firm 3 times. But it must be concerning that we are 400 down yet this is our best season for a very long time, ok we will be just above the figure once we have played rangers but its a concern that the crowds are low. Obviously the paying punters are not happy with a winning team overall.

Again, the crowd hasn't really dropped that much, we don't have a big fanbase, the 'Red Army' is a total myth inside Pittodrie.

Again, the crowd hasn't really dropped that much, we don't have a big fanbase, the 'Red Army' is a total myth inside Pittodrie.

mmm the point i'm trying to make is we are having our best season for a long time, but people are still not turning up - that must concern the board!!! I feel that we are sh*te to watch which is the reason why people are not turning up.

For Aberdeen to be 3rd i would have expected the figure to be about 13,000 rather than 12,400 - you might say thats only 600 but thats 9600 missing cash which is about 180K in attedance money . We have a decent fanbase and in the 80's our crowd was good considering the whole of british football attendances was in decline apart from the dons. We do have decent support but i feel that less and less kids seem to follow the dons like they used to.

Helluva Tombola that gets us into 3rd in the league.

I think TTT © could have done much much better..... third at moment but worryingly self destructing?? :dontknow:

exactly

we have had some great runs of results playing a simple 442 formation with consistent and logical selection.

The problems occur when JC starts thinking he is some tactical hot shot reared in the Dutch school of "total football" and shifts everyone all over the place and gets FB to manmark and other such brilliant inovations. If he kept things simple and had some self awareness and insight into his own limitations then we wouldn't be having these same discussions every month, and would mean a far greater points total than we do at the minute

:dontknow: well said!. (Wish had been able to copy/quote u re last reply I did re JC in Collins thread! :applause: )

I started reading this thread and thought, must reply to that, must reply to that. Got to about page 5 and thought sh*t, I cant remember all the points I wanted to reply too!!!

I was one of the JC faithful, now I'm unsure - but not against him. Simply, his tactics sometimes totally baffle me. There is no doubt, however, we are doing so much better, results ways. Performance ways, maybe they are sometimes mediocre at best, but a win is a win and 3 points is 3 points.

To judge JC and JN as managers, look at the respective positions of us after we got them and Dunfermline after they lost them. Kinda speaks volumes although I'm sure RYTD or whatever his name is would try to shout louder!!! And in relation to JC that puts the team on the pitch, yes, correct, but he has to do his best with the money he has. I'm not convinced - anymore - that Brewster was a good signing, but have to admit, when the signing was made I thought it was a cracker. JC can only spend what he is given. If you look at the money the old farm are given for signings and wages, and the players they can attract because of their status, maybe JC hasn't done such a bad job.

In my opinion the most "at fault" here are the "fans". In the last few seasons, some of those that have turned out have booed our own players coming on to the pitch as subs - Byrne. I'm not a big Byrne fan, but would never, ever, boo one of my own players on to the pitch. He would have to be helluva thick skinned not to be affected by that. We hiss and grumble about the very 1st missed pass of the game. That must fill our players with confidence. The south stand sits and russles their pan drop wrappers but make very little other noise, get behind your team!!! For a city that only has one top football team we turn out such a poor support, damaging to finances and again the confidence of the team. Of the total members of this site, I would be willing to bet a fair majority never go near games - some for very legitimate reasons, ie away from Aberdeen working, supporters from far flung parts. Others, in their masses, simply are not true supporters but are willing to spout their pish on here.

Why can't, in the oil capital of europe, we find a rich sponsor for our team, willing to support the club back to where it belongs

Guest LondonScottish
Why can't, in the oil capital of europe, we find a rich sponsor for our team, willing to support the club back to where it belongs

How many oil companies sponsor even the best football teams, let alone a very ordinary cup-shy team like Aberdeen. What coverage do you exactly think a company is going to get when we can't even get through round one of a domestic cup? Absolute non-starter........

Guest Stoney
hud on a wee minty here

so a wee defeat on a on off bad day v M'Well is terrible

but routinely getting pumped home & away by everyone in the SPL, never mind the OF are the good old days we should return to ??

come on min, i know you're not keen of Calderwood by a little bit of common sense, let your hatered of him take one for the good of the team.

A wee defeat? :applause:

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 0-0 Livingston 24-09-2005

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 2-2 Motherwell 01-10-2005

Scottish Premier Inverness CT 1-1 Aberdeen 15-10-2005

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 0-1 Hibernian 22-10-2005

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee Utd 25-10-2005

Scottish Premier Kilmarnock 4-2 Aberdeen 29-10-2005

Scottish Premier Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen 05-11-2005

Scottish League Cup Motherwell 1-0 Aberdeen 08-11-2005

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 1-1 Hearts 20-11-2005

Scottish Premier Falkirk 1-2 Aberdeen 26-11-2005

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 1-3 Celtic 04-12-2005

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 0-0 Dunfermline 10-12-2005

Scottish Premier Livingston 0-0 Aberdeen 17-12-2005

Scottish Premier Motherwell 3-1 Aberdeen 26-12-2005

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 0-0 Inverness CT 31-12-2005

15 games 2 wins 8 draws5 defeats :dontknow: awesome

Guest Stoney
But yet we'e still 3rd in the league............ god dammit why did Jimmy have to win us the games to get us to 3rd in the table. I hate chasing Europe, and no longer being a laughing stock of a club. Just cannot stand being this high up the table.

Whats this Jimmy Calderwood DOING, winning games? f*ck sake!!!

The only reason we are third is cause hearts are in self destruct mode and hibs sold all their decent players, out of interest robo whats your thoughts on how the team have played this season :applause:

Guest CAPSLOCK

IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE AN OVERNIGHT SUCCESS, WE'VE PROGRESSED TO BEING 3RD IN THE LEAGUE BECAUSE WE ARE HARD TO BEAT. WITH THIS THE PLAYERS WILL GAIN CONFIDENCE AND I'M SURE THE PERFORMANCES WILL START TO LOOK MORE ATTRACTIVE.

UNTIL THEN, KEEP WANKING YOURSELF ROTTON OVER MAN UNITEDS SEXY PERFORMANCES OR GO WATCH HIBS WHO ARE APPARENTLY A JOY TO WATCH ALTHOUGH THEY WERE BEATEN BY RELEGATION FODDER AT THE WEEKEND.

'YOUR' TEAM ARE A PROVING TO BE A SUCCESS THIS SEASON, F

A lot of people are assuming we'll finish the season in 3rd place. If we finish 4th, will that still be an achievement? Will you deem that a success?

If we do finish 3rd, we will need to win 2 games at the very least against the other top 6 teams, to do that will require good performances, so we'll see how that one pans out.

A lot of people are assuming we'll finish the season in 3rd place. If we finish 4th, will that still be an achievement? Will you deem that a success?

If we do finish 3rd, we will need to win 2 games at the very least against the other top 6 teams, to do that will require good performances, so we'll see how that one pans out.

I wasn't going to reply to this abortion of a thread until I saw this comment.

At the current time, we don't know where we are going to finish, there is a lot of speculation about final crowd figures, final league position and European qualification.

Now is not the time for debating whether or not Calderwood should stay or go. Now is the time to get behind the team, give one final push for the last few games and see where we are. Then, and only then can way say whether or not the season has been a success.

I can't see anyone coming in and taking over at this time of the season, and I don't think changing things just now would help matters, so we need to accept our lot for now and see what comes of it.

I like Jimmy Calderwood, he's a nice chap, I'd be happy to share a taxi with him.

That is all I have to say about Jimmy Calderwood and taxis.

You'd need more than one taxi to transport all the broken records that have been played in this thread though.

How dare someone have an opinion that you may not agree with.

The author of this subject obviously goes to many games and is

certainly not making up how bad performances have been.

Many poor games have been down to the manager playing

players in positions they have proved they cannot play in but

he ignores that and still does so because he knows best.

Why do fans see serious problems like starting with Brewster, long high

balls, playing ill players and umpteen more but jimmy doesn't.

It aint an anti weegie thing, it's a simple case of coaching badges mean

little if you lack common sense.

Guest Stoney
We're 3rd in the league, I'd say thats ok, better than the Ebbe days I can safely say.

Many people don't like Aberdeen achieving anything it seems, can I ask them. . . . why do you support the club? It seems you'd much rather have the club fighting it out down the bottom of the table, yet you moan then aswell, now we're up near the top of the table, you seem to have a moan again............Hmmmm

You are aware that Ebbe had us 3rd until the 2nd last game of the 00/01 season arnt you?

How dare someone have an opinion that you may not agree with.

The author of this subject obviously goes to many games and is

certainly not making up how bad performances have been.

Many poor games have been down to the manager playing

players in positions they have proved they cannot play in but

he ignores that and still does so because he knows best.

Why do fans see serious problems like starting with Brewster, long high

balls, playing ill players and umpteen more but jimmy doesn't.

It aint an anti weegie thing, it's a simple case of coaching badges mean

little if you lack common sense.

It is great to get some healthy discussion and arguement but this thread turned into a farce. Take out all the sniping at each other and the thread would be less than half the size!!

You are aware that Ebbe had us 3rd until the 2nd last game of the 00/01 season arnt you?

This just kind of emphasises my point.

A lot of the comparisons being made are not like with like.

If you want to compare this season with previous ones, then you have to wait until it's finished.

What's the obsession with comparing JC with previous managers.

Tango, Tombola and crew should be judged in the here and now. Ebbe is irrelevant to this discussion. It was a very different afc and a very different spl even just 5 years ago.

As I have said several times. Doing well. Good season (if you ignore cups). But can't continue with his crazy tactical tinkering, egotistical attitude and ignorant public pronouncements.

What's the obsession with comparing JC with previous managers.

Tango, Tombola and crew should be judged in the here and now. Ebbe is irrelevant to this discussion. It was a very different afc and a very different spl even just 5 years ago.

As I have said several times. Doing well. Good season (if you ignore cups). But can't continue with his crazy tactical tinkering, egotistical attitude and ignorant public pronouncements.

Nail. On. Head.