Taxi for Calderwood?

sometimes the tactics are baffling but most of the time this season it has been a pretty simple. 4-4-2. OK with some players being out of position, but i think when Calderwood has everyone fit then its a 4-4-2

Langfield

Hart

Anderson

Diamond/Considine/Touzani

Byrne/Foster

Smith J

Nicholson

Severin

Clark

Lovell/Mackie

Miller/Brewster

sometimes the tactics are baffling but most of the time this season it has been a pretty simple. 4-4-2. OK with some players being out of position, but i think when Calderwood has everyone fit then its a 4-4-2

Langfield

Hart

Anderson

Diamond/Considine/Touzani

Byrne/Foster

Smith J

Nicholson

Severin

Clark

Lovell/Mackie

Miller/Brewster

Unfortunately JC has never seen Clark as anything but a starting central midfielder!!

Guest El Padre
Unfortunately JC has never seen Clark as anything but a starting central midfielder!!

He's as pish a winger as he is a central mid. Never ever rated the lad.

i think that if he would just run at people and have a bit more confidence then he'd be an OK winger, although I dont rate him much either. You then have everyone telling us that Jamie Smith is not a winger and has to be played in the centre of midfield which means that you need to play narrow in the middle as Smith can't tackle and then you get no service from wide into the box.

sometimes the tactics are baffling but most of the time this season it has been a pretty simple. 4-4-2.

exactly

we have had some great runs of results playing a simple 442 formation with consistent and logical selection.

The problems occur when JC starts thinking he is some tactical hot shot reared in the Dutch school of "total football" and shifts everyone all over the place and gets FB to manmark and other such brilliant inovations. If he kept things simple and had some self awareness and insight into his own limitations then we wouldn't be having these same discussions every month, and would mean a far greater points total than we do at the minute

Guest El Padre
exactly

we have had some great runs of results playing a simple 442 formation with consistent and logical selection.

The problems occur when JC starts thinking he is some tactical hot shot reared in the Dutch school of "total football" and shifts everyone all over the place and gets FB to manmark and other such brilliant inovations. If he kept things simple and had some self awareness and insight into his own limitations then we wouldn't be having these same discussions every month, and would mean a far greater points total than we do at the minute

I think JC understands the tactics he employs perfectly well, he just doesn't have the players to employ them effectively. :dontknow:

Guest Stoney
Indeed we did. have a banana.

also came across these gems from the history section on afc.co.uk, regarding Ebbe's reign.

Aberdeen finish bottom of the SPL with a record 83 goals conceded. Dons saved due to SPL ground criteria.

The Dons lose a record first six games in the league. The first five are without a goal scored.

Those were indeed, "the days".

Remind me again was that before or after ebbe got to mould his squad together?

Did he not get to two cup finals that season and qualify for europe -

And We would have had to play falkirk in a play off in the WORST case scenario.

So hud yer weesht :dontknow:

Guest El Padre
Remind me again was that before or after ebbe got to mould his squad together?

Did he not get to two cup finals that season and qualify for europe -

And We would have had to play falkirk in a play off in the WORST case scenario.

So hud yer weesht :dontknow:

Relegation play-offs are completely unacceptable. Ebbe was an idiot of a manager.

yes and lets look at what Calderwood is doing now

1st season - 4th - Just miss out on Euro spot

2nd season - 6th - still in with chance of Europe going to Tynecastle after the split

3rd season - 3rd - 3 points clear of hearts with 5 games left.

There is a bit of consistency there and that is what matters for me.

Yes Ebbe got better

7th then 4th then eh, crap after that. I'm looking to keep finishing 3rd 4th in the next 2/3 seasons and I think that under Calderwood we can achieve that, this will be the first time that we have finished in the top half 3 seasons running for about 15 years, thats progress.

Guest El Padre
And congratulations to jimmy now has the record of games for scoring 1 goal or less in.

A great manager :dontknow:

Lets not forget what your hero said about statistics. :dontknow:

Yes but the opposition is scoring less as well.

Utd was the first game we conceeded 4 goals at home under Calderwood. I remember many a hammering off Celtic and Rangers at Pittodrie of 5 and 6 under Ebbe. Also the utter shame of losing 7-0 at Parkhead TWICE!!!!!!!!

Anyone who says that it was better being an Aberdeen fan under Ebbe than under Calderwood obviously just doesn't care where we end up in the league. We were embarrasing at times under Ebbe and since Calderwood came in it's never been embarrasing (except QP)

I liked Ebbe when he was here but things are better now.

Guest Stoney
Lets not forget what your hero said about statistics. :dontknow:

If you play nagative boring football the crowds will drop and you wont get money to buy your way into a decent place in the league?

Guest Stoney
Yes but the opposition is scoring less as well.

Utd was the first game we conceeded 4 goals at home under Calderwood. I remember many a hammering off Celtic and Rangers at Pittodrie of 5 and 6 under Ebbe. Also the utter shame of losing 7-0 at Parkhead TWICE!!!!!!!!

Anyone who says that it was better being an Aberdeen fan under Ebbe than under Calderwood obviously just doesn't care where we end up in the league. We were embarrasing at times under Ebbe and since Calderwood came in it's never been embarrasing (except QP)

I liked Ebbe when he was here but things are better now.

Do you not remember how bad we were in the middle of last season, getting pumped away to motherwell sticks in my mind.

Guest El Padre
If you play nagative boring football the crowds will drop and you wont get money to buy your way into a decent place in the league?

From 13k to 12k? There never was a crowd in the first place. :dontknow:

Guest El Padre
Think you need to check out your figures :dontknow:

Right enough Stoney, I forgot about those massive crowds we've always had that JC's driven away! :dontknow:

Guest El Padre
average of over 14000 - almost 2000 more then our oh so succesfull this season.

For one season, then JC drove them all away, when he wasn't even at the club. Its his fault.

Guest El Padre
Average under Skovdahl 13,000 roughly, under Calderwood, 12,500 roughly. 500 of a difference. nothing much at all.

JC has brought the average up by about 1500 or so according to those figures. Get him sacked, improved crowds, improved league positions, he is sh*te!