Taxi for Calderwood?

right i've read through about another 8 pages of this and have 1 or 2 more points to make.

There is no way that we should be 2nd this season.

Rangers are currently on 65 points, they will probably pick up another 9 after the split giving them a season total or 74. At the start of the season, or at any point during this season does anyone honestly believe it would be realistic for Aberdeen to amass 75 points over the course of a 38 game season. That is almost 2 points a game or a win and a draw alternately in every game. Not a chance in hell. Ok Hearts got 74 to finish 2nd last season but they won their first 9 games or whatever and had a far better side last year than we do this. With players like Skacel, Gordon, Pressley, Webster, Hartley etc etc and a reasonably settled squad.

At the start of the year most people thought that 4th was the best that we could do, no-one expected Rangers to make as poor a start as they did and they've since made up for it. No-one expected Hearts to combust quite the way they have, hence I would say that we are performing above most peoples expectations from the start of the season.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and its easy to say now that Hearts have been shocking and Rangers prettty bad and 2nd was there for the taking, yet many are moaning about how bad we have been and we're still 3rd. There are games where we have chucked away points but there are also games that we have sneaked them as well. A last minute goal against Hibs at Pittodrie, 2 late equalisers against ICT, a fairly late goal against Motherwell at Pittodrie. This is balanced out by late goals that we were losing at the beginning of the season.

I've said this cliche elsewhere, the league table doesn't usually lie, over the course of the season we have been the 3rd best team in the league, if Hearts overtake us we'll have been the 4th best team in the league which is exactly what I expected at the start of the year. After getting into the position that we have been in I would be disappointed but at the end of the day hindsight is a wonderful thing and if they live up to the expectations that you had at the start of the season then you have to show some degree of happiness.

right i've read through about another 8 pages of this and have 1 or 2 more points to make.

There is no way that we should be 2nd this season.

Rangers are currently on 65 points, they will probably pick up another 9 after the split giving them a season total or 74. At the start of the season, or at any point during this season does anyone honestly believe it would be realistic for Aberdeen to amass 75 points over the course of a 38 game season. That is almost 2 points a game or a win and a draw alternately in every game. Not a chance in hell. Ok Hearts got 74 to finish 2nd last season but they won their first 9 games or whatever and had a far better side last year than we do this. With players like Skacel, Gordon, Pressley, Webster, Hartley etc etc and a reasonably settled squad.

At the start of the year most people thought that 4th was the best that we could do, no-one expected Rangers to make as poor a start as they did and they've since made up for it. No-one expected Hearts to combust quite the way they have, hence I would say that we are performing above most peoples expectations from the start of the season.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and its easy to say now that Hearts have been shocking and Rangers prettty bad and 2nd was there for the taking, yet many are moaning about how bad we have been and we're still 3rd. There are games where we have chucked away points but there are also games that we have sneaked them as well. A last minute goal against Hibs at Pittodrie, 2 late equalisers against ICT, a fairly late goal against Motherwell at Pittodrie. This is balanced out by late goals that we were losing at the beginning of the season.

I've said this cliche elsewhere, the league table doesn't usually lie, over the course of the season we have been the 3rd best team in the league, if Hearts overtake us we'll have been the 4th best team in the league which is exactly what I expected at the start of the year. After getting into the position that we have been in I would be disappointed but at the end of the day hindsight is a wonderful thing and if they live up to the expectations that you had at the start of the season then you have to show some degree of happiness.

see my post further up

there are expectations and aspirations

Many pinned there expectations lowly given JCs tendency to tactical tombolary.

For example where does everyone EXPECT us to finish next season?

We have underperformed in a number of games particularly the games vs the huns. If we had got any points off them then 2nd could have been a reality. It is not to be. Lets just hope we are not saying the same about 3rd in a few weeks. Yes we didn't know hearts would "combust" but to a degree they have. Not to capitilise on that would be disappointing to say the least

JC wouldn't be getting any abuse if we didn't think that he could be doing better. He has had (relative) success at times, usually when he has played players in their correct positions, had sensible formations and consistency in selection. However he lets himself down by bottling it in big games too often while inflicting crazy ideas on us like at the weekend or when Diamond was playing wing back.

Sorry to be repetitive but the frustration comes from the fact that he HAS done well but COULD and SHOULD have done better. Don't make out he just gets the abuse because he is a fat orange hun.

Agreed, i dont think the calderwoods birthplace or his boyhood team should have anything to do with it. Also anyone who does make a big deal out of these things is nothing short of a throbber. I'd be interested to know from anyone on here who went to games in the fergie era if they could tell us if the great one suffered such abuse. What annoys me about JC is what glasgow sheep has said about tactics etc above. I respect calderwoods cavalier attitude but he needs to learn restraint otherwise euro football will slip through our fingers again like a crossball from langfields gloves.

see my post further up

there are expectations and aspirations

Many pinned there expectations lowly given JCs tendency to tactical tombolary.

We have underperformed in a number of games particularly the games vs the huns. If we had got any points off them then 2nd could have been a reality. It is not to be. Lets just hope we are not saying the same about 3rd in a few weeks. Yes we didn't know hearts would "combust" but to a degree they have. Not to capitilise on that would be disappointing to say the least

Not touching that one with a bargepole untill i know the summer ins and outs

Not where but more how

same as this season

Double figures for home wins, more away wins than draws or losses

As for the cup, didnt predict last year but for next I would say

when (if?) we go out of a cup we go out with less games remaining than we have played

That would do for me

Not where but more how

same as this season

Double figures for home wins, more away wins than draws or losses

As for the cup, didnt predict last year but for next I would say

when (if?) we go out of a cup we go out with less games remaining than we have played

That would do for me

Bamber, i'm with you there.

Next season, the fight for 3rd will be much tougher.

You can see that defensively, united will be very strong and no doubt

hearts and hibs will be there too.

Seems to me the arguments are

Don't have a go at JC we're better than we were...........

.........but with our squad we should be better so get rid

(Aye and with the players Fergie had we should have won every cup and league by a mile from 80 - 86 inc)

JC doesn't know what he's doing, he's a buffoon so get rid..................

..........but he obviously knows something cos we're 3rd!

JC never takes the blame.....................

.................it's the fault of all our really, really bad players, Byrne, Mackie, Severin (yes, but no, but yes, but no....)

Does that cover 16 pages?

(Aye and with the players Fergie had we should have won every cup and league by a mile from 80 - 86 inc)

.................it's the fault of all our really, really bad players, Byrne, Mackie, Severin (yes, but no, but yes, but no....)

pretty much

although I would say that instead of get rid, see how things pan out next season then make a decision

would guess that they are paying Gordon more than any three of our players

two or three others on siimliar wages as well

and there squad is what 50+

remember the game up here their outfield players STARTED at number 20

There wage bill is about 10Million our entire turnover is less than that

From last season, Gordon was on

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I defy anyone to come up with a better analysis of this site! Bravo MBT, youve made my night!

flock me!

thats 40mins of my life i aint getting back...

im in the stick with what we have camp. steady improvements (occasional results aside) gaining some of our respect back and finally beating the dross on a regular basis are currently good enough for me (note the use of the word currently!)

heres to further improvement and a wee trip abroad at the start o next season :laughing:

• Site Sponsor
i 100% agree with you and i ahve been saying it for couple of years the guy is a fat uselss slob.

the sooner we get rid of the c*nt the better. he doesn't have a scooby what he is doing.

we are very lucky the rest of the spl is so bad or we'd really be struggling this year.

Next season will show that.

Guest Stoney

Have we competed against the old firm?

Have we had a cup run?

Have we gone on a long run of winning games?

Have we won any games that have proved to be a real challenge?

Have we played a game this season standard wise that is good enough to play in the eufa cup next season?

Guest CAPSLOCK
Have we competed against the old firm?

Have we had a cup run?

Have we gone on a long run of winning games?

Have we won any games that have proved to be a real challenge?

Have we played a game this season standard wise that is good enough to play in the eufa cup next season?

HAVE WE COMPETED AGAINST THE OLD FIRM THIS SEASON ASIDE?

HAVE WE REMAINED AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR MOST OF THE SEASON?

HAVE WE GONE ON A LONG RUN OF NOT SCORING OR LOSING GAMES?

HAVE WE WON GAMES IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES THAT NORMALLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A DRAW?

HAVE WE PROVED OURSELVES TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHER TEAMS BELOW US, THEREFORE WE ARE MORE DESERVING OF A PLACE IN THE UEFA CUP NEXT SEASON?

Guest CAPSLOCK
I fear for next season if our luck we have had this season desserts us.

A FAMOUS GOLFER (CAN'T REMEMBER WHO) WAS ASKED DURING AN INTERVIEW IF THE THOUGHT HIS LUCK WOULD HOLD OUT FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. IS ANSWER - "YOU KNOW, THE MORE I PRACTICE, THE LUCKIER I SEEM TO BECOME".

Guest Stoney

Again you never answered any of mine

HAVE WE COMPETED AGAINST THE OLD FIRM THIS SEASON ASIDE? No we have not - we have competed with rangers for 3 games

HAVE WE REMAINED AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR MOST OF THE SEASON? Barely during the start to middle of the season

HAVE WE GONE ON A LONG RUN OF NOT SCORING OR LOSING GAMES? yes we went on a run of 5 or 6 games without winning

HAVE WE WON GAMES IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES THAT NORMALLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A DRAW? When? Hibs at home?

HAVE WE PROVED OURSELVES TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHER TEAMS BELOW US, THEREFORE WE ARE MORE DESERVING OF A PLACE IN THE UEFA CUP NEXT SEASON? I dont think we have proved we are a better team then hearts or hibs this season

Have we competed against the old firm? No, not yet anyway. But it doesn't necessarily matter how you compete against the OF, it matters how you compete relative to all teams and at the moment that has us in 3rd place - not bad for not competing against the OF. You could say that all teams that have taken somthing off the OF this season are nowhere near the same position as us. Still something Jimmy can rectify before the end of the season though.

Have we had a cup run? No, probably one of the most disappointing things about JCs reign - but I still believe the team can do it. With the likes of Gretna and Killie getting to recent cup finals it has to be possible for us to do so. I still think that the team has to take a large share of the blame for this though not just JC.

Have we gone on a long run of winning games? No, the only team I've noticed that has done this is Celtic. I suppose if we went on a long run of winning games we'd be a certainty for the CL and possibly challenging for the league - but we're not, we're in 3rd. I don't think we have a team capable of this , something that they have shown and perhaps linked to our poor cup form - we're not too consistent.

Have we won any games that have proved to be a real challenge? Hearts, Hibs come to mind. I'd hardly say that any of the games we have won this season have been a cakewalk, so in that respect yes it has been challenging.

Have we played a game this season standard wise that is good enough to play in the eufa cup next season? No, but we'll hopefully be entering at the 2nd round and I'd guess that is our level if we make it that far. When you say UEFA Cup standard, do you mean the group stages?

I dont think we have proved we are a better team then hearts or hibs this season

We've beaten them more often than they've beaten us and we are in a higher league position. That is all the proof you need. The league doesn't lie, if we finish third, then we are the third best team in Scotland regardless of how bad people "think" we are.

Guest CAPSLOCK

HAVE WE COMPETED AGAINST THE OLD FIRM THIS SEASON ASIDE? No we have not - we have competed with rangers for 3 games IS THAT DIFFERENT TO ANYONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE? I DON'T ACTUALLY REMEMBER YOU BELOVED MAN U TAKING MUCH POINTS OFF THEM RECENTLY.

HAVE WE REMAINED AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR MOST OF THE SEASON? Barely during the start to middle of the season YOU CAN JUST SAY YES, IT WON'T HURT.

HAVE WE GONE ON A LONG RUN OF NOT SCORING OR LOSING GAMES? yes we went on a run of 5 or 6 games without winning YET WE FIND OURSELVES IN 3RD PLACE BUT IT'S JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU EH?

HAVE WE WON GAMES IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES THAT NORMALLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A DRAW? When? Hibs at home? WE'VE SNATCHED MANY POINTS THIS SEASON THAT NORMALLY WE WOULDN'T HAVE AND WELL YOU KNOW IT.

HAVE WE PROVED OURSELVES TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHER TEAMS BELOW US, THEREFORE WE ARE MORE DESERVING OF A PLACE IN THE UEFA CUP NEXT SEASON? I dont think we have proved we are a better team then hearts or hibs this season

TAKE A LOOK AT THE TABLE, IT'S NOT MADE UP NUMBERS, IT'S THE COLD HARD FACTS.

Again you never answered any of mine

I HAVEN'T ANSWERED ANY OF YOURS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS, JUST AS I ALREADY KNEW THE ANSWERS TO MINE.

JIMMY IS HERE FOR THE FORSEEABLE AND YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO SIT WITH YOUR THUMB IN YOUR MOUTH AND WANK OVER YOUR OTHER TEAM UNTIL YOU CAN FINALLY LOOK SMUG A FEW YEARS DOWN THE LINE AND SAY "I TOLD YOU SO".

UNTIL THEN I'LL BE ENJOYING THE 3RD PLACE, TOP 6 FINISHES, DREAMING ABOUT TRIPS TO EUROPE AND SIGNING TARGETS I'M ACTUALLY QUITE HAPPY ABOUT.

C'MON YOU REDS.

Guest Stoney
It seems that it's only our fans that think we're bad though. Thats a very bad state of affairs in my opinion.

We're meant to be a club, and stick together as a club, but it seems some fans just can't handle improvement of a side.

Have we improved as a team - or has everyone else just gotten weaker?

Guest Stoney
HAVE WE COMPETED AGAINST THE OLD FIRM THIS SEASON ASIDE? No we have not - we have competed with rangers for 3 games IS THAT DIFFERENT TO ANYONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE? I DON'T ACTUALLY REMEMBER YOU BELOVED MAN U TAKING MUCH POINTS OFF THEM RECENTLY.

HAVE WE REMAINED AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR MOST OF THE SEASON? Barely during the start to middle of the season YOU CAN JUST SAY YES, IT WON'T HURT.

HAVE WE GONE ON A LONG RUN OF NOT SCORING OR LOSING GAMES? yes we went on a run of 5 or 6 games without winning YET WE FIND OURSELVES IN 3RD PLACE BUT IT'S JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU EH?

HAVE WE WON GAMES IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES THAT NORMALLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A DRAW? When? Hibs at home? WE'VE SNATCHED MANY POINTS THIS SEASON THAT NORMALLY WE WOULDN'T HAVE AND WELL YOU KNOW IT.

HAVE WE PROVED OURSELVES TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHER TEAMS BELOW US, THEREFORE WE ARE MORE DESERVING OF A PLACE IN THE UEFA CUP NEXT SEASON? I dont think we have proved we are a better team then hearts or hibs this season TAKE A LOOK AT THE TABLE, IT'S NOT MADE UP NUMBERS, IT'S THE COLD HARD FACTS.

I HAVEN'T ANSWERED ANY OF YOURS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS, JUST AS I ALREADY KNEW THE ANSWERS TO MINE.

JIMMY IS HERE FOR THE FORSEEABLE AND YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO SIT WITH YOUR THUMB IN YOUR MOUTH AND WANK OVER YOUR OTHER TEAM UNTIL YOU CAN FINALLY LOOK SMUG A FEW YEARS DOWN THE LINE AND SAY "I TOLD YOU SO".

UNTIL THEN I'LL BE ENJOYING THE 3RD PLACE, TOP 6 FINISHES, DREAMING ABOUT TRIPS TO EUROPE AND SIGNING TARGETS I'M ACTUALLY QUITE HAPPY ABOUT.

C'MON YOU REDS.

Why dream - when we should have already achieved this!

Guest CAPSLOCK
We've beaten them more often than they've beaten us and we are in a higher league position. That is all the proof you need. The league doesn't lie, if we finish third, then we are the third best team in Scotland regardless of how bad people "think" we are.

COME ON BTR, DON'T LET SOMETHING I LIKE TO CALL 'THE TRUTH' GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD OLD FASHIONED RANT.