The Golf Thread

Ha ha you will know me then! And i will more than likely know you.

Young Ryan? He's 30 and will never be a good golfer again.

Was awesome when he was younger. Him and his da are at the masters just now.

Coverage is gash, but they can only show what espn show. Same coverage as beeb except sky go to adverts instead of showing the leaderboard every 5mins

When are nigg taking on new members min, plan on joining for a couple of reasons ;)

Ha ha you will know me then! And i will more than likely know you.

Young Ryan? He's 30 and will never be a good golfer again.

Was awesome when he was younger. Him and his da are at the masters just now.

Coverage is gash, but they can only show what espn show. Same coverage as beeb except sky go to adverts instead of showing the leaderboard every 5mins

30...fukk sake....well im 39.....

this must be their 4th trip on the trot?

yes he was a superb player, so you'll know Jase Annnand and Bob Fraser?

the coverage is shocking, get Sam Torrance on

You playing golf? I'm in shock!!!

You should start coming out with us pal.

Taking it up again after letting it slip when i was younger and could actually hit the ball fairly well then but because of the weight issue I gave it up, played a wee bit last year and was doing ok, away to get new clubs shortly and try play as often as I can.

30...fukk sake....well im 39.....

this must be their 4th trip on the trot?

yes he was a superb player, so you'll know Jase Annnand and Bob Fraser?

the coverage is shocking, get Sam Torrance on

Just last 2 years they been. Yes I know them both.

Jason day I will tickle your balls. Keep it up!

Tragic for one so young and so gifted once upon a time. Vegetable.

Indeed, had to watch my uncle slowly waste away because of a tumor, not nice at all.

Woods is producing BIG TIME. This is deja vu.

Form and class, two totally different things, showing that you don't lose the class, eh?

Haha cool, I'll give it a try. Swithering over a membership there, was going to get one at my local course, Kintore but seems there is so many people members there now due to a lot of Craibstone members going to Kintore.

Cheers min.

You'd pass up Kintore to play Hazlehead as it is now? :confused:

And regardless of the state of the course, a busy Kintore is still going to be a quicker round than the jam packed, full of hackers in tracky bottoms, 5 hour round that you'll find this morning at the Heid.

Aye, Craibstone could be a shout. That's not far at all.

Hazelhead was in okay nick this morning, beautiful morning for it. Greens on the back 9 were better than front 9, it would appear I've now learnt how to use my irons, played very well with them today.....pity my putting game is horrible.

Should have asked him to put them back on winter greens. :poster_oops:

Was at Carnoustie yesterday for a wedding. Course looked lovely but the golfers must have been pissed off with the whole wedding party outside for pics while they're trying to putt!

There was also a message read to the bride and groom from a poster on here called Paul Lawrie.

Quite a few of the lads were playing a round of golf today and it sounded like it was going to be pricey.

Was at Carnoustie yesterday for a wedding. Course looked lovely but the golfers must have been pissed off with the whole wedding party outside for pics while they're trying to putt!

There was also a message read to the bride and groom from a poster on here called Paul Lawrie.

Quite a few of the lads were playing a round of golf today and it sounded like it was going to be pricey.

125 a round...Great course tho.

Ah, that's a bummer. Couple miles south and you'd have been able to get into Royal Dunecht. If you dinna drive yer a bitty knackered tho right enough. What about Craibstone, be right on the bus route?

Craibstone reopens again on 1st of May. You will definately get in, had over 500 members but believe only around 250 stayed. I left this year just couldnt wait as long as we were being made to wait for until it was sorted out.

My girlfriends dad said it's a tough one. The 18th hole looked a challenge!

18th is a very good hole, last 3 holes are very tough but its a challenging course. Well worth the 125 IMO but you get a good deal for all 3 courses for 150 quid and Burnside whilst not Carnoustie is a really nice course too.

now learnt how to use my irons, played very well with them today.....pity my putting game is horrible.

Snap. Played my irons really well this afternoon but turned what should have been a 72 into a 78 due to diabolical putting. The missus says "You'll just have to practice more" but it's not as easy as that. If your stroke is defective then no amount of practice will help.

First hit in 6 months so shouldn't get too down but ball striking was sweet today, just felt really frustrated when driving home, due to the short stick.

Settle, I already telt you he and Quiros had nae chunce when they were 1st and 6th during Rd 1.

My girlfriends dad backed Quiros. He said he has no chance of winning as hit putting is so erratic but he would like him to win and he'd be happier if it got him a small bit of dough in return.

Also told me it's pointless backing folk before the cuts anyway but I have nae clue.

It always looks lovely from the hotel but close up, playing it today, that's the worst nick I have EVER seen it.

Not that it would be enough to spoil my enjoyment, this day every year is literally the highlight for me and I won 2 & 1 so I'm not moaning cos I had a bad day, but for anyone thinking about playing it and paying big dough to do so, just wait. I understand why the locals are moaning. It really is in the worst condition I've ever seen it in over 25 years. Still my favourite ever course though but I love Hazlehead and that's never been in consistently good nick since the mid 70's.

Thought it was going to be a mare as my opponent (plays off 2, a f**king ringer playing at match 18) holes from off at 1 and I missed fae 3 feet at 2. I went OB at 6 - the biggest schoolboy error in golf - but nearly salvaged a half after a 3 iron to 18 feet but not to be. Hit 3 iron, 7 iron at 7 to pull one back and won 3 in a row off Driver, 7 iron at 10, 5 iron, 9 iron at 11 and Driver, 6 iron at 12 only to give him the 14th. Won Lucky Slap as he conceded then Rescues at 16 and approach to 17 both for pars and two halfs closed it out. Greens didn't look great but I never once looked like 3 putting and but for the ridiculous miss at 2 following a great chip (Driver, PW there - pin tucked left front, blocked the approach), holed out really well on them and made a couple of clutch putts for birdies when I had to from 12 and 15 feet.

It's a magic course but don't pay to play it the first time just now.

I think they were just playing out of convenience Rocket. Not much chance for the lot of them to play the course together anytime soon.

Charl Schwartzel looking very solid just now, would like him to win it purely for those 2 beauties.

After the 2nd day i thought tiger was out of the running but fair play to him, hes hit form at exactly the right time.

McIlroy by comparison seems to be showing signs of choking. understandable but its not good

edit: shows what i know wi that putt. ga'an rory