The Golf Thread

No, or not to my knowledge and I'm pretty sure I would have known if there was.

Down that way, St Andrews Bay had spent major amounts on drainage work a year or so back, like serious dough but with the Castle being opened a couple of years and knowing the architects and the guy who is in charge of it, pretty sure drainage was never an issue. Might have been the Bay you were thinking of, the Torrance in particular.

Sorry I meant Castle Stuart

I like The Jubilee at St Andrews, Hazlehead No1, Aboyne and Cullen.

Loved Aboyne golf course, the club where I learned to play. The old back nine ruined many a decent score of mine, the new layout is even better, and probably a lot fairer.

Always used to have a mental block about the 2nd hole there, regularly used to pop one out of bounds over the dyke!

he was due to play in Asia until he won at the weekend...

Exactly, so now it's feet up, and dinna work too hard on keeping the form going. I've never been an arch critic like RS of the guy, but his lack of playing time has always held him back, and here he goes again.

Exactly, so now it's feet up, and dinna work too hard on keeping the form going. I've never been an arch critic like RS of the guy, but his lack of playing time has always held him back, and here he goes again.

I think the time difference, travel etc to and from Europe is a problem for the guy, im no expert in lawrie, but jet-lag and all that sh*t plays a big part in form? I dont know.

he's won a good tourny, good money, he has a lot of commitments at home with his foundation, he has the right to pick and choose, think its only 2 weeks off? or is his next tourny the matchplay?

RS will probably ramp in and nail me on this... :itch-chin:

I think the time difference, travel etc to and from Europe is a problem for the guy, im no expert in lawrie, but jet-lag and all that sh*t plays a big part in form? I dont know.

he's won a good tourny, good money, he has a lot of commitments at home with his foundation, he has the right to pick and choose, think its only 2 weeks off? or is his next tourny the matchplay?

RS will probably ramp in and nail me on this... :itch-chin:

He's now not playing again until May due solely to winning this event.

And there's no jet lag to Europe. Especially as he doesn't play the early season middle east/asia leg. Try using that excuse for your Westwoods and Kaymers who do actually travel back and forth across the Atlantic, as well as to all corners of the European Tour.

What? He was a young man when he was one of the best players in the world. Fact. He won a major. Fact. He's won SIX times on tour. fact.

Pretty sure he'd be the first to admit he's made mistakes and PR gaffes. Who can blame him. He's human. But he's a damn fine golfer and he proved it once again.

I'll jump doon ony c**ts throat when they spik sh*te, as most of you on here will know. But an arch critic? No way.

An Aberdeen man and an AFC fan back up where his talent belongs. It doesn't get much better than this.

WHEEEEEWWWWW< couldnt sleep last night wondering if RS was going to have a "moment"

I think the guy deserves some time off ( his choice) Westwood, Kaynmer etc are probably on appearance money and of course the World No1 spot....however PL isnt.

he's not every mans cup o tea....but I was delighted to see him win again.

You obviously haven't got your ear to the ground then.

It got slated when it first opened. The two major criticisms were the long grass hummocks in the middle of the fairways which were blind from the tee and the exaggerated slopes and shape of some of the greens.

They bulldozed the hummocks, which were completely unfair and given that Kingsbarns needed to reconstruct a number of their greens (and it was the same guy who went mental at the Castle), the Castle will need to make further alterations if they ever aspire to attracting professional golf. The 10th green is an utter joke.

That's why I said it was better the second time.

Friday at 1030am RS. Shall be back with my thoughts after.

Prove that it's you. Who won the Open at Carnoustie in 1999? Who won the Open in St Andrews in 2000? Who will win the Masters this year?

And NO GOOGLE-ING...

open 99 was a f**king plug , rocket just so you know i have never claimed to coach david law or phillip mclean i know thats neil marr and like you i think hes done a great job my bit with david and phillip is course management and a bit of short game and i also dont like when the press call them pl protege i never wanted that i love the banter so bring it on boys just wish some of you wouldnt be so harsh towards me as im a sensitive wee sole at times stand free

guys a f**king plug can always count on some afc chat members to be classy eh guys i really enjoy afc chat i log on nearly every day paul lawrie (f**king plug)

Was their watching you winning the Open mate. As rs said local hero and dandie, ca beat it.

:wave:

guys a f**king plug can always count on some afc chat members to be classy eh guys i really enjoy afc chat i log on nearly every day paul lawrie (f**king plug)

:laughing:

http://www.golfmagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/1/UTN/40760/V/6/SP/%22

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=7840&view=findpost&p=541871

So anyway, why do you play so little? From the view of the uninitiated and ignorant (that's me :poster_oops: ), but a keen golfer, why take so long off when you're just running into form? Since winning the Open, you've never been a player who has a busy schedule, in fact is there anytop player who plays as little as you do?

So, what is your logic?

Lol. It is him. COOL. Now, a starter for 10. Mind this is totally confidential and nae c**t tunes in to the madness and pish we spik on here.

Who is the biggest arse on Tour? Who has the greatest BO? Which person would you like to batter with a sand wedge?

How's that for Sadowitzian-quality banter then boys?

Seriously, I ken you're a massive AFC fan. Are you as pissed off as I am as to what's been happening at AFC?

Hemmin, we're all anonymous here. You should get yersel a username and join in the sh*te too.

I want to know your favourite golfers/courses/clubs/athin min. We could keep you here for hours, I tells thee....

i did have kemnay loon as my username but decided i didnt need to hide behind that obviously difficult to comment on players on tour most guys are brand new stephen gallacher a great guy also andrew coltart and al forsyth favourite course is muirfield (pity about the members) and carnoustie of course (ye ha) really enjoy the foundation work taking kids out to play this year i am going to golf clubs to play with their best 9 juniors i will play 6 holes with each group of three would like nothing better than to buy afc but just dont have enough money actually no where near enough money your right i have made some gaffes and said things i regret but its really difficuly saying the right things all the time when microphones stuck in your face paul

:laughing:

http://www.golfmagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/1/UTN/40760/V/6/SP/%22

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=7840&view=findpost&p=541871

So anyway, why do you play so little? From the view of the uninitiated and ignorant (that's me :poster_oops: ), but a keen golfer, why take so long off when you're just running into form? Since winning the Open, you've never been a player who has a busy schedule, in fact is there anytop player who plays as little as you do?

So, what is your logic?

i play as much as most guys last year 27 events this year the same, i dont go to humid countries cant compete so waste of time and money , my boy playing scottish boys for first time in two weeks im not in the masters, that leaves china and korea if i go there i then cant play spanish open and mallorca before the world matchplay , honestly sitting back after winning is not my style, hope that explains it paul

Hi Paul was just wondering i am a novice golfer in the Turriff area any suggestions on courses i could play in my area that i would enjoy and enhance my enjoymnet of the game i like to wtach golf and really want to play it too. Who do you reckon is a good bet for the masters

turriff is good

meldrum house (hahahahahahah) just a joke at least they cana ban me twice

neil marr very good coach if you need lessons

masters is tough to call this year as loads could win hopefully a european kaymer is special not many made like him proper player

paul

i play as much as most guys last year 27 events this year the same, i dont go to humid countries cant compete so waste of time and money , my boy playing scottish boys for first time in two weeks im not in the masters, that leaves china and korea if i go there i then cant play spanish open and mallorca before the world matchplay , honestly sitting back after winning is not my style, hope that explains it paul

Well that's you told Fatshaft!