The Golf Thread

See Woods is back wearing his buddhist monk bracelet, in an attempt at getting the world to think he has repented. You just failed, arseshole.

Got himself back into the game by holing some long putts on 12/13 that would have went off the green had they not hit the hole. Any steady Eddie was going to beat Woods this week, had it not been Bjorn it would have been some other "18 greens in regulation" journeyman PGA tour player.

am annoyed i didnt lay woods on betfair

Martin Kaymer now world no 1, whether he wins or loses today. Think Luke Donald goes to world no 3 if he wins, putting the Tiger down to no. 4.

Which would be nice.

ooft, #5 in fact

Got all clubs re-gripped ready for start of new season when I was down in Warrington at the weekend. Got them done in patriotic Dons red. golf_pride_red.jpg

erchie :thumbup1:

Those grips came on my irons 2.5 years ago, the best irons in the world, TP RAC's, as used now by the officially best golfer in the world, a German.

You'll get a heap of mileage out of them. Mine have tons of life left and are nowhere near needing replaced.

I find them a bit rough for my soft fairy hands, prefer the original velvets

Those grips came on my irons 2.5 years ago, the best irons in the world, TP RAC's, as used now by the officially best golfer in the world, a German.

You'll get a heap of mileage out of them. Mine have tons of life left and are nowhere near needing replaced.

I find them a bit rough for my soft fairy hands, prefer the original velvets

Well they just had their first airing, and they are indeed erchie. :thumbup1:

tainboy's just been telling me how amazing Royal Dornoch is. He's got loads of his inbred family on the committee or something.

Am I imagining it all or is he correct when he says the 16th and 17th are "great holes"?

Anyone else played this over-rated horrible dark piece of Scotland, suffering in perpetuity by Sutherland's curse?

Some brilliant holes but overall, it just doesn't cut it, particularly because of the woeful finish.

Totally agree Mr Rocket. Perhaps because of all the hype it gets, but I was very disappointed with RD. And yes, those two holes are pretty pish. It's a good track of course, but not deserving of all the hype it gets imo. Tom Watson raves about it, therefore it must be mega - aye right.

Also, I played the 36 hole open there on my solitary visit,

I saw the golfer Tommy Gainey on the telly and noticed that he wore 2 gloves and then they super slo mo'd his swing and it was a total baseball effort.

It's a shame the masters is on sky, it was always a great tornament to watch on the BBC. Although the 3D gimmick might be quite good because they are always harping on about how hilly the course is and how telly doesn't do it justice.

I saw the golfer Tommy Gainey on the telly and noticed that he wore 2 gloves and then they super slo mo'd his swing and it was a total baseball effort.

It's a shame the masters is on sky, it was always a great tornament to watch on the BBC. Although the 3D gimmick might be quite good because they are always harping on about how hilly the course is and how telly doesn't do it justice.

Saturday/Sunday is still on the Beeb, don't let the Sky bullshit fool you.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect weather for links golf today. Ended up playing Murcar. Shot a 90. Missed a sitter of an eagle then bottled the birdie,was f**king raging. Nice course though was impressed. Couldn't hit my driver worth sh*t as the fairways were too tight,ended up with my 2 iron off the tee most tof the time.

Had my first hit of the season yesterday with new Taylor Made Burner 2 irons. NICE. Long irons are exactly that - long. Nice low flight as well. Haven't quite got to grips with the mid irons yet, been trying to develop a fade with my irons over last few seasons but head tells me to stick with my draw, so will need to get my head straight on that one, but as they say, first impressions count, well chuffed.

Hazelhead was still on Winter greens yesterday, not a great round of golf, that's for sure.

Impossible to putt, so just worked on the rest of my game, and missed out putting.

My mate questioned them why they were still on Winter greens when all the rest of the Council courses were on Summer greens, he didn't really have an answer.

probably because the links and balnagask are links courses, bit more wind to dry the course.

HH is wetter than Jordan on a night out in London

You have never experienced the unique values that golf has. Doesn't make you a bad person. Just an ignorant one, in this regard.

I got a free set of clubs and a cheap membership fae a Masonic relative.

Went out, feeling like a spare prick at a hoors wedding, nae plusfours or Pringle jumper or f**k all, rattled a couple of balls, and half the driving range turf, straight down the fairway, ball travelled a fair distance, hit her a hoora skelp, but it barely left the ground, was like skimming more than golf.

f**k this I thought.

I've nae patience, the 19th hole was the only f**ker I had any interest in.

Crazy golf is OK.

How the f**k did the feel greetin faced c**t, a woman in a man's body, the Dougie Donnelly of the golfing fraternity, Lego-man hairdo, fixed, never changes, even after 20 f**king years, pull such a stunning bird as his ex-wife?

Did she put his f**king curlers in, and hairspray him up before tournaments?

She's gone now, minted no doubt for the grave flashback inducing punishment she took between the sheets from the dubious pleasure of having Monty coming in her like a maxi rabbit.

Little wonder the torn faced c**t took to the cheating, he was punching well above his weight, and she clearly was on the cusp of promotion, she could hardly pick worse in future, whilst he faced certain relegation, administration, humiliation which eventually culminated in a raging thirst for the match-fixing in Mrs Doubtfire.

Deluded fools tell me we should want him to win, because he's Scottish.

If we're judging on that level alone, I'm ashamed to be associated with the same nationality as that narky, silver-spoon rammed doon his posh gullet from an early age, nonce.

To me a hatchet faced c**t is a hatched faced c**t, irrespective of nationalities.