Films

Midsommar.

Conflicted on this one. Has obvious links with The Wicker Man without in any way falling into the trap of copying. For the most part I actually thought it was fairly decent and had some originality about it but eventually felt way too long. 2h 20m for a horror movie is too much. Gets seriously weird in the last half hour or so. 

tikkers eh kent yed b 1st in line fir this wan n ye wir vague is fuck wi yer review there eh dinna hink ye ken wit tae mak eh it yersel..ehm seein it in aboot 18 oors so ehl let ye ken wit eh hink the nicht

Deliberately vague as folk don't like spoilers. Wicker Man type community in Sweden being visited by some students for a thesis. All happy smiley until the first deaths. I felt in Hereditary that Aster bottled the seminal death of the little girl by not actually showing it but he corrects that 'mistake' here. I think from there it takes too long to progress to the climax. I said it gets weird and it does. I'm not sure whether Aster was aiming at humour or he just went a bit loopy resulting in some of the scenes in the last half hour being laugh out loud funny. Personally, I would rather he'd kept it quietly menacing and I'd definitely have lopped about 20 mins off the running time, it wasn't needed.

There's a lot of good stuff in the film but a bit the way I felt about the Hereditary ending spoiling that, I'm similarly annoyed about the nonsense late on in this. It just gets in the way of it being more of a cult classic.

Deliberately vague as folk don't like spoilers. Wicker Man type community in Sweden being visited by some students for a thesis. All happy smiley until the first deaths. I felt in Hereditary that Aster bottled the seminal death of the little girl by not actually showing it but he corrects that 'mistake' here. I think from there it takes too long to progress to the climax. I said it gets weird and it does. I'm not sure whether Aster was aiming at humour or he just went a bit loopy resulting in some of the scenes in the last half hour being laugh out loud funny. Personally, I would rather he'd kept it quietly menacing and I'd definitely have lopped about 20 mins off the running time, it wasn't needed.

There's a lot of good stuff in the film but a bit the way I felt about the Hereditary ending spoiling that, I'm similarly annoyed about the nonsense late on in this. It just gets in the way of it being more of a cult classic.

Do you have a blog or something where people can read your reviews of every movie?

Midsommar.

Conflicted on this one. Has obvious links with The Wicker Man without in any way falling into the trap of copying. For the most part I actually thought it was fairly decent and had some originality about it but eventually felt way too long. 2h 20m for a horror movie is too much. Gets seriously weird in the last half hour or so.

More importantly though did Florence Pugh have her fabulous nips on display in this film?

They were the highlight of Little Drummer Girl

I felt in Hereditary that Aster bottled the seminal death of the little girl by not actually showing it but he corrects that 'mistake' here.

cunt tikkers, his yersel n manchebs been oot fir a diys fishin aff peterhead pier ir wit..nae showin the death wis wit gied the scene its power.. keepin the cemera oan the brither aw the wiy thru built up tae bilin pint n thin ye git eh reveel.. basic stuff tiktak ffs

cunt tikkers, his yersel n manchebs been oot fir a diys fishin aff peterhead pier ir wit..nae showin the death wis wit gied the scene its power.. keepin the cemera oan the brither aw the wiy thru built up tae bilin pint n thin ye git eh reveel.. basic stuff tiktak ffs

Nah, I wanted it to cut to the girl. In The Omen it was the photographer's death everybody remembers (along with the priest), had they not shown it then it becomes less memorable.  Thoughts on Midsommar? (I'd have edited the end of that as well, the May Queen wouldn't have been left smiling in mine)

Brawl in cell block 99

Vince Vaughn takes a day off from playing stupid and gormless characters (see also Will Farell) and plays a drug runner with a passion for caving in skulls.

No tits, only one woman at all in the film.

A lot of shattering faces and decapitating someone by face stomping.

Brawl in cell block 99

Vince Vaughn takes a day off from playing stupid and gormless characters (see also Will Farell) and plays a drug runner with a passion for caving in skulls.

No tits, only one woman at all in the film.

A lot of shattering faces and decapitating someone by face stomping.

He’s usually decent as an evil cunt, think the first film I remember seeing him in he was a psycho......hold on, that looks dumb now, he actually played Norman Bates in the Psycho remake, duh. Domestic Disturbance that film was