Films

Angel Has Fallen

Saw it at the cinema last night. My lady friends choice. Total and utter shite.

No tits.

2/10

Didn't think it was that bad. First two ....Has Fallen films were useless but this was ok. Bit overblown for the finale but that's the way things go these days. Good to see Nick Nolte again also.

Hustlers.

Fuckin' borefest and (pre-empting questions) for a movie about strippers there's precious few titties on show (none from the main cast). From an acting perspective Jennifer Lopez was strong in one of the lead roles. Maybe it's a burd movie as it does get decent reviews, for me - borefest.

A film about a musician most famous for being a toby tickler is shite? I don't believe you.

I haven't read the reviews, so what is the timeline? He used to be a full-time musician that dabbled in buggery, but for the past quarter of a century he's been a professional homosexual who occasionally dabbles in music. Not terribly exciting from a music biopic perspective.

Rambo - Last Blood.

Yeah, just had to. Lashings of stupidity in this. Not even a Rambo story per say. Takes on a Mexican cartel for messing with his family. Spoiler here: he wins. Yup, takes them all out without breaking sweat. How the fuck it's sitting on 83% approval on rotten tomatoes is beyond comprehension to me.

Darn, probably spoiled it for everyone now. Ah well, never mind.

They Shall Not Grow Old.

Splendid doco film narrated by soldiers who fought in the trenches in WW1 with old footage and photos bringing it all together.

Highly watchable. Grim obviously, but the warriors giving their stories talk heroically and are almost blase about what they went through. "It's just what we had to do" - terrific cunts indeed. Lots of cool wee human stories makes it entertaining. Going over the top to face down Johnny Hun in kilts is a sight to behold.

1 million British men and their allies in the empire lost their lives in that war. Fucking hell.

That's some heavy shit bro.

An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn

Good cast - but pish

Aberdeen/shire is mentioned a lot

Fancy the main bird

Started watching this. I can see what they are trying to do but gets tedious after 20 minutes.

It’s like a bad version of toast of London which can get away with it for an episode. A film is just too long.

Aubrey Plaza got wanked over hard after Parks and Rec so don’t even have that.

Might finish.

61q-Kc-Ll-OV7-L-AC-SL1431.jpg

wit a gem eh a film - this is oan 2nd viewin (eh wis pyshed it the vue boot a month ago n canna mind that much boot it n the worst pert thit wis eh hid tae bite meh tung whin tiktak come oan n critise it. ehm ganna hae tae pil this cunt tae tesk wance egen ..e keeps misunderstendn films n eh hink ehm ganna hae tae sho the cunt e needs tae b made oot sterner stuff if ez ganna b the nxt barry norman

IT Chapter 2.

The novels unsettling and "scary" bits come from the human elements like the bullying, abuse and the proper nutters like Patrick (if you've read the book you'll know what i'm on about). Whoever wrote the screenplay for the movie completely overlooked all this and went for jump scares. 

Stephen King doesn't really do good endings tbh, so even discounting that it's not quite the same as the novels ending, it's still a cringefest.

Other than that, it was ok. There were a few unsettling moments, like the old woman in the house, but it relied heavily on formulated jump scares.

6/10

61q-Kc-Ll-OV7-L-AC-SL1431.jpg

wit a gem eh a film - this is oan 2nd viewin (eh wis pyshed it the vue boot a month ago n canna mind that much boot it n the worst pert thit wis eh hid tae bite meh tung whin tiktak come oan n critise it. ehm ganna hae tae pil this cunt tae tesk wance egen ..e keeps misunderstendn films n eh hink ehm ganna hae tae sho the cunt e needs tae b made oot sterner stuff if ez ganna b the nxt barry norman

When did I say I didn't like it. The only thing I said was I'd have changed the ending a bit. While the ending was acceptable in itself, I think they could have just upped the ante a little bit. I just have an ending in my head I'd liked to have seen. In my opinion my ending is better.