Films

i went and bought 13 assassins today and just watched it. quite slow at the start building it up showing how evil the baddie is. feudal japan was like scotland back in the day, uneasy truces, double crossing, friends fighting friends.

big rammy at the end with stampeding flaming cows used as a weapon, plus a lot of sword on sword action. not as good as zatoichi but still no bad.

+1

Amancalledbuck from your comments on inception and now this, i would say that somewhere along the line you have gone very wrong in life.

:hysterical:

Two shite films.

Inception is just a heist film with delusions of grandeur.

The Departed was like that episode of Ripping Yarns where they all kept shooting and killing each other.

Each to their own....

.... is not something I'd ever say.

Fucking morons.

:hysterical:

Two shite films.

Inception is just a heist film with delusions of grandeur.

The Departed was like that episode of Ripping Yarns where they all kept shooting and killing each other.

Each to their own....

.... is not something I'd ever say.

Fucking morons.

Fits your favourite film of all time?

+1

Amancalledbuck from your comments on inception and now this, i would say that somewhere along the line you have gone very wrong in life.

Tbh Big Man, i also wasn't a fan of Inception although seem to be in the minority which is fair enough, but The Departed is a strange one as i don't think i've met anybody who didn't like that film. Never thought i'd see a modern day mafia-style film like that again but great performances from all the cast.

I watched The Departed the other night.

Shite.

:blink::nutter:

I love that film! :thumbs:

Was bored last night so turned to my free streaming options on Lovefilm, and eventually plumped for 'Lord of War'. Went in with low expectations as I really don't care for Nicolas Cage, but I ended up completely absorbed by it. Highly recommended.

Superb film.

Mesmerising and cerebral.

My favourite scene is with the butler grady in the bathroom when he sais ''you're the caretaker here sir, you've always been the caretaker''...

:trophy:

Aye, that's a great scene.

Just had the shot of the blood pouring through the corridor cut with the twin girls just standing there staring. Truly there is nothing creepier than those twins!!

Love this continuous camera shot and the stop-start sound as the camera follows behind the kid pedalling his tricycle over the wooden and then carpeted and then wooden flooring. Classic Kubrick.

Visually stunning movie. I like the scene where she finds out what he's been writing. All turns a bit nasty after that....

That scene with the young woman/old decaying woman in the bathroom is fuuuuucked up :blink::thumbup1:

Aye when i first saw that film and that scene i was like wow and then when the camera pulls back and you see it's the old wifie i nearly puked. Fucking rank :o

Great film though. Poor lad who played Danny must have had nightmares for years though after that as very disturbing film for a kid that age.