Lets All Laugh At The Arabs

If united get a good manager then I can see them shooting up the league table, they actually have quite a good squad with lots of options up front but very poor options at the back. Seemed to jump on the bandwagon of teams signing up queen of the south players just because they humped r*ngers. They've all been found out to be not very good and the lad they've brought in, durnan, seems to be one of them, complete horse. They've also brought in a goalkeeper who was an amateur last year and have made him their number one, terrible decision from sacknamara. But they do have some good players like McKay, McGowan, Dixon, spittal, souttar and Dow

So Jackiemac sells all their best players... and gets a shit ton of cash for doing so... rendering United pish, meaning he gets his contract terminated... entitling him to another shit ton of cash.

I can see why McNamara would sign that contract.

Starting to think New Thompson isn't quite the businessman that Old Thompson was.

Dundee United are pursuing John Hughes from Inverness Caledonian Thistle after an audacious attempt to lure Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill proved to be a non-starter, while former Croatia coach Igor Stimac has applied for the Tannadice job.(Daily Record)

Dundee United chairman Steven Thompson has admitted it was a mistake to offer their former manager, Jackie McNamara, a contract that entitled him to a share of player transfer fees. (The Scotsman)

Chairman Stephen Thompson says the next Dundee United manager will not cash in from transfers, unlike Jackie McNamara, who was sacked on Saturday. (The Sun, print edition)

:laughing::laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yogi needs to be smart about this. His Caley team are all starting to disappear that he inherited from Butcher. Taking over an already sinking ship at Utd would be a terrible move. If he's any brains, he'll wait it out until someone like StJ come calling where he can inherit another good side becuase lets face it, he's not a good manager.

Yogi needs to be smart about this. His Caley team are all starting to disappear that he inherited from Butcher. Taking over an already sinking ship at Utd would be a terrible move. If he's any brains, he'll wait it out until someone like StJ come calling where he can inherit another good side becuase lets face it, he's not a good manager.

And here's the flaw ...

Indeed pudge, he gave out the contract and encouraged the development and then sale of young players. The fact they haven't re-invested any of the cash isn't just McNamara's fault.

My mate played under him, rates him very highly as a coach and a person. However, I know someone else who had dealings with through their work and said he is an absolute arsehole...

If united get a good manager then I can see them shooting up the league table, they actually have quite a good squad with lots of options up front but very poor options at the back. Seemed to jump on the bandwagon of teams signing up queen of the south players just because they humped r*ngers. They've all been found out to be not very good and the lad they've brought in, durnan, seems to be one of them, complete horse. They've also brought in a goalkeeper who was an amateur last year and have made him their number one, terrible decision from sacknamara. But they do have some good players like McKay, McGowan, Dixon, spittal, souttar and Dow

:wtf:

They are pish.

Joking apart going by our experience Craig Brown is what the Arabs need just now to steady the ship, get them back mid table. Its too early in the season for Jimmy to work his last ditch staying up on goal difference trick. He'd start to be found out about February and they'd slip back into the mire (I'm assuming at least Partick will stay shit).

The Arabs would then need to have the balls to take their steadied ship and move on though, punting Craigy and getting someone decent. That's the tricky bit.

Indeed pudge, he gave out the contract and encouraged the development and then sale of young players. The fact they haven't re-invested any of the cash isn't just McNamara's fault.

My mate played under him, rates him very highly as a coach and a person. However, I know someone else who had dealings with through their work and said he is an absolute arsehole...

Not reinvested any of the cash? Signings with fees in the last 3 transfer windows:

Telfer - £200k (perhaps not planned at that level, but paid and would have impacted on future transfers)

Szromnik - £50k

Anier - Undisclosed, but don't think was free.

Murray - £50k

Muirhead - £150k

Durnan - Undisclosed fee (were due compensation)

They also bid £200k for McKay, but ended up with a loan deal instead. In Scottish Premiership terms, he has had plenty to reinvest, while the debt has been severely reduced. When two January signings totaling £150k plus undisclosed fee are now loaned to other clubs in the league, it surely comes down to being McNamara's fault the cash re-invested was done so poorly.

I've had a mare here. Hibs it was.

Shinniewatch updated!

Is it only where he starts a game? Surely ICT was 50% each.

Usually managers like their name to be touted for a job, even if not interested, to keep their name current and their profile on the radar.

Its hilarious to see people rush to distance themselves from the USh*ted job, almost as if they had been asked "Ugh - who farted?".

Pressley was on the wireless earlier, his comment amounted to saying he prefered to be unemployed in england, than take the USh*ted job :laughing:

Other reasons for not being interested include "ambition" (haw haw haw) and the fact that his family are "very happy" (implying they would not be so in Dundeh).

Joking apart going by our experience Craig Brown is what the Arabs need just now to steady the ship, get them back mid table. Its too early in the season for Jimmy to work his last ditch staying up on goal difference trick. He'd start to be found out about February and they'd slip back into the mire (I'm assuming at least Partick will stay shit).

The Arabs would then need to have the balls to take their steadied ship and move on though, punting Craigy and getting someone decent. That's the tricky bit.

Cant remember the GWT getting us mid table...was 9th not his best finish?

Not reinvested any of the cash? Signings with fees in the last 3 transfer windows:

Telfer - £200k (perhaps not planned at that level, but paid and would have impacted on future transfers)

Szromnik - £50k

Anier - Undisclosed, but don't think was free.

Murray - £50k

Muirhead - £150k

Durnan - Undisclosed fee (were due compensation)

They also bid £200k for McKay, but ended up with a loan deal instead. In Scottish Premiership terms, he has had plenty to reinvest, while the debt has been severely reduced. When two January signings totaling £150k plus undisclosed fee are now loaned to other clubs in the league, it surely comes down to being McNamara's fault the cash re-invested was done so poorly.

Is it only where he starts a game? Surely ICT was 50% each.

So... they spent, what, less than 10% of what they brought in?