Introductions Section

Guest LondonScottish

Hi all,been going to games since 1978 when we got taken to Aberdeen against spurs in a pre season friendly with Strachan ordered off!!

Keep thinking the good times are just around the corner......................

nh7740

• 3 weeks later...

Alright folks. Been looking at this site for a wee while so thought id might as well join in.

Dont really get to that many games just now but go whenever I can.

Last game I was at was the Killie game at the start of the season(absalute pish) so not seen the Broon/Knox revolution first hand but hopefully get to more games next season.

COYR

Alright folks. Been looking at this site for a wee while so thought id might as well join in.

Dont really get to that many games just now but go whenever I can.

Last game I was at was the Killie game at the start of the season(absalute pish) so not seen the Broon/Knox revolution first hand but hopefully get to more games next season.

COYR

Nice username. I like the play on words. I like our North East mist and AFC also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I'm Buck.

I like snowballs and people who make up pictures if football strips.

And you like folk who write 'articles' that read like they were originally penned in purple crayon, on waterproof, chewable paper.

:thumbs:

Fit like...

Dons fan since my first game at 4, and 31 now... season ticket holder for about 12 of those (until we became really sh*te........... kidding... gave it up when I started kicking the leather about myself on Sat afternoons)

Lived in the toon all my days.... will never leave due to Thains Pie's and the seagulls that guide me hame after a night oot.

Like any other red, it's sad to see the way the club is run these days and the quality we put out on a pitch every week... that being said, it will always be in the blood.

Stand Free

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm a Rams fan but don't hold that against me! I've been living in Aberdeen for nearly 5 years and have seen a few games of yours at Pittodrie. Unfortunately the quality appears to be declining since Calderwood left but hopefully you'll pick up!

Fit Like,

Ive supported the Dons ever since my old man was watching the wonderful football against Real Madrid back when they had a Team!

I've worked for them back in 2003, 2004 and 2005 in the community department which was great fun and Simmie and Jim crawford are top guys! and Jim leighton was great with advice (as I was a goalie coach)

I sincerely hope Pa Broon gets some cash and support from the numpties in the boardroom cos if he dosnae we're gonna go doon the swanny!

PS Chick McClelland was an a**e when ever i had to interact with him, Jimmy Nichol was F**king hillarious!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd better write a quick post on who I am, im been a Dons fan from a distance due to my job, traveled all over hence the name Wandering Don :-) First game, was Hibs at home with Alan Rough in goals getting pelters from the Beach End about being Scotlands No. 2, to which after about 20 mins he turned towards the crowed and gave us the "Bird" :-) which as you can imagine helped his cause ever so much :-).

Only been to a few games since I left Aberdeen 22 years ago, at 16, but now back in Edinburgh working so hopefully get to a few more games now :-)

Normally like to sit back and read the comments and only comment if something touches a nerve :-)

Hello everyone, I'm new to all this so bear with me.

IT is not my strong point, I'm more of an ET afficionado, as I'll explain below.

I was born a shape shifting lizard, but have now taken human form, as lizards get something of a raw deal on this planet, so don't bother asking me where I'm from, as I don't know myself. I intend to find out though, hence the reason I started supporting the Dons, as I noticed the two stars on the jersey and thought my real family might live on one of them.

I don't have a mither or a faither as far as I know. Many's a time I've been accused, even by Charlie Allan himself, of firing off broadsides from the comfort of my mither's bedroom, in between bouts of sooking her paps. If only! I envy people who live with their mither well into their 20's, 30's & even 40's, and that's why I was so grateful for the welcome I received on this site from Roberto, when I was feeling a little lost and looking inwardly at the merits of human form over lizard, as I was just on the verge of reverting into a Komodo Dragon when he basically rescued me, thereby saving my life, and the rest is history. He showed me the merits of years of living with your mither, for which I'm eternally grateful, and he brought me out of my deep contemplation and made me strive to maybe do the same myself sometime, he gave me the motivation to find out exactly who I am and where I came from in the first place.

So, the key to finding out whether my family live on one of the stars on the Dons jersey is to revive the fortunes of the football team again, LITERALLY reach for the stars!

So I'd be pleased if we could all make the effort to really show the club some real support from now on, put your torn faced girnin to one side for a couple of seasons, once I find my family you can revert to type.

Cheers lads :sherlock:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Am I the first Dutch Aberdeen fan on this forum?

I've been introduced to The Dons by a friend of mine who has stayed in Scotland for several years. We went to the Rangers game on Pittodrie in January 2009. I've been following Aberdeen since that day.

My current address is near Eindhoven but I'm a Feyenoord fan (Rotterdam). I'm 30 years old and I'm a teacher for children in need of special care.

That's all folks...

Hi guys,

Am I the first Dutch Aberdeen fan on this forum?

I've been introduced to The Dons by a friend of mine who has stayed in Scotland for several years. We went to the Rangers game on Pittodrie in January 2009. I've been following Aberdeen since that day.

My current address is near Eindhoven but I'm a Feyenoord fan (Rotterdam). I'm 30 years old and I'm a teacher for children in need of special care.

That's all folks...

Welcome to the forum. We had a couple of Jeffrey de Visscher fans on the forum when he was playing for us who were from the Netherlands. Although you're probably the first out and out Dutch fan of the actual club rather then one of our players.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought it's about time i would sign up as been reading the forums for a while...

Names mavv and i come from Sunny Fife :itch-chin: , been a red all my days...Try to get to as many games as i can but harder with family and 2 kids and work commiments..I am also a coach for my sons football team. ( 8 year olds) and we play on saturdays...Hope to get to a few more this season though.....

Last game i was at was the semi final V celtic at Hampden....

Look forward to posting on the forums ..

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Everyone

Just joined forum, My brother in law is getting remarried at xmas, my father in law was from Aberdeen and as is he is no longer with us

I thought it would be a good idea to take my brother in law to your city

to see were his dad lived and went to school and therefore keep a link going

I just booked a flight and some where to stay (there are 3 of us comimg)

I am going to take him to your game on the 10th December (St Mirren)

just looking for a bit of advice as to were to have a tot before game

best stand to use

Many thanks

O' bye the way he is a Villa Fan his best mate is a Blues fan and I am a Albion Fan

Good Morning Everyone

Just joined forum, My brother in law is getting remarried at xmas, my father in law was from Aberdeen and as is he is no longer with us

I thought it would be a good idea to take my brother in law to your city

to see were his dad lived and went to school and therefore keep a link going

I just booked a flight and some where to stay (there are 3 of us comimg)

I am going to take him to your game on the 10th December (St Mirren)

just looking for a bit of advice as to were to have a tot before game

best stand to use

Many thanks

O' bye the way he is a Villa Fan his best mate is a Blues fan and I am a Albion Fan

there's a couple of establishments in the Market Street area where you could get plenty.

Allegedly. So I've been told.

Enjoy your visit and hope It's everything the old boy craiced it up to be.

there's a couple of establishments in the Market Street area where you could get plenty.

Allegedly. So I've been told.

Enjoy your visit and hope It's everything the old boy craiced it up to be.

Thanks for that, I am trying to keep our visit low key as his stag night is the week after

if this gets out a few more will want to come and it will just turn out to be a big P*** up

This way we can do things in a more civilised way

Many thanks again

Rainbow

Thanks for that, I am trying to keep our visit low key as his stag night is the week after

if this gets out a few more will want to come and it will just turn out to be a big P*** up

This way we can do things in a more civilised way

Many thanks again

Rainbow

What a refreshing attitude min, I too have no time for all-out raxxers.

Try Wordie's Ale House, just up fae the gap between the St Nicholas and Bon Accord centres, on the walk to Pittodrie, a fine establishment for a proper drink without having your ears or eyes assaulted by chart music/metrosexuals.