Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

Murray has a good record against Verdasco, but i've seen him struggle against Verdascos unrelenting forehand in the past. I remember the AO in 2009 - Verdasco just hit through him. He doesn't do anything flashy, but when his forehand is on, it's hard to stop.

Murray has always had problems with players who have big forehands, when they're on. Fernando Gonzales is another player I've seen, who's just hit through Murray with pure power on that forehand.

Aye. It's a strange thing but there are a lot of players who appear to have much bigger weapons than Murray.

A combination of his unbelievable defensive abilities and much less unforced errors are a telling factor though.

Murray has certainly become a good bit more aggressive in recent times but still can be too passive sometimes.

Aye. It's a strange thing but there are a lot of players who appear to have much bigger weapons than Murray.

A combination of his unbelievable defensive abilities and much less unforced errors are a telling factor though.

Murray has certainly become a good bit more aggressive in recent times but still can be too passive sometimes.

I've seen Murray in person quite a few times and you get a better idea of how he plays. Against the lesser players he'll just block the ball back and wait for mistakes. Against the stronger players there is tonnes of variety. A mixtures of pace is a feature. He keeps the opponent guessing. In my opinion, this is why he sometimes comes a cropper against the big hitters, who go for the line with every shot. When they are on Murray tends not to go toe to toe with them. He just waits till they cool off. Very few players can keep that up for five sets. Which is why he's so consistent going deep in grand slams.

It's great to watch when the momentum changes. I've attended some matches when the opponent just looks mesmerised.

Hopefully SOTR predicts a defeat.

Watch it, or you'll be sanctioned again...

Booked up for Melbourne a couple of weeks ago... arranged to arrived on the first Monday so I could see his first round match on the Tuesday.

If he makes number one tomorrow, he'll probably start at the AO on the Monday, which I'll miss! Typical!

Silver lining if he does get beat by Raonic!

Watch it, or you'll be sanctioned again...

Booked up for Melbourne a couple of weeks ago... arranged to arrived on the first Monday so I could see his first round match on the Tuesday.

If he makes number one tomorrow, he'll probably start at the AO on the Monday, which I'll miss! Typical!

Silver lining if he does get beat by Raonic - SOTR will be get to see all his matches!

SOTRed IT

Who gives a shit.

Tennis is all about the slams Nae world rankings

What a ridiculous comment.

Andy Murray has defied major dissapointment and defied his critics.

He is now on the summit of another great success.

Man's an absolute legend.

Your comment shows your ignorance even more considering your world ranking dictates how easy a draw you get in the slams.