Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

Isner was hitting it big , a touch annoying because his serve is really all that makes him competitive.

Yet again though another great effort from King Murray.

He stands to lose 275 points or something after the O2 so really needs to finish stronger than the cheating Serb at the tour finals to stay at no.1 year end.

Start of next year he has far less points than Djokovic to defend so still more opportunities to come.

Be great to get the Australian open after so many final disappointments there.

Not sure what to make of Djokovic at the moment whether he's being straight up or not.

Wouldn't trust the cunt as far as I could throw him personally.

Another box ticked, another great achievement. Well done Murray. I've loved following his career. Will really miss him when he retires.

Bring on Melbourne!

Agreed

wimbledon

Olympic gold

6 tournaments (might be 7 not sure if this latest one counted)

number one

no bad season for not having bottle whoever said that a while back in this thread

the above was plucked from twitter so could be not 100%

He's never lacked bottle, he gives everything and has come up short in terms of talent, sometimes he just has an off day like many sportsman.

He's work ethic and determination is what has seen him reach number one and win what he has. I don't think this is the pinnacle for him,I think next year will be his biggest.

He was clearly on drugs. As soon as Sharapova got busted his form dropped.

It makes you wonder sometimes... the Olympics were also on the horizon when his form dropped.

Another one for the conspiracy theorists - Murray has, for the past 5 years or so, consistently complained that the anti-doping measures and testing were far too lenient in tennis, and just not up to scratch compared with other sports. I always thought it was quite strange that he's had this bee in his bonnet about drugs. I just wonder if he knew something that the rest of us didn't...

It makes you wonder sometimes... the Olympics were also on the horizon when his form dropped.

Another one for the conspiracy theorists - Murray has, for the past 5 years or so, consistently complained that the anti-doping measures and testing were far too lenient in tennis, and just not up to scratch compared with other sports. I always thought it was quite strange that he's had this bee in his bonnet about drugs. I just wonder if he knew something that the rest of us didn't...

Of course he did. Djokovic is a cheating cunt.

• Upvote 1

Thought that too but in the matches he's lost to Djokovic he's always been very nice to him when giving interviews, there is no doubt that there's a huge PED problem in tennis and they really need to change their testing.

He is world #1 now that the game is declining, and he will be remembered as such.

Federer is knocking 80 years old, Nadal has been finished for about 5 years, and, as RAZOR mentioned above, Djoker has had a mysterious drop in form as soon as performance enhancers got mentioned.

So he is the best in the world, but that's not really an achievement at this point in time.

• Downvote 2

He is world #1 now that the game is declining, and he will be remembered as such.

Federer is knocking 80 years old, Nadal has been finished for about 5 years, and, as RAZOR mentioned above, Djoker has had a mysterious drop in form as soon as performance enhancers got mentioned.

So he is the best in the world, but that's not really an achievement at this point in time.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Why is everything you post anti Scottish?

Why is everything you post anti Scottish?

What was specifically "anti Scottish" in my post?

There's no doubt it's always good to see a British athlete at the top of the world, I just don't think history will be kind to his #1 ranking as it has come just too late to be taken seriously.

• Downvote 1

Seriously, min? There's about 5 of us who have been beating this drum for a bout 2 years!