Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Done him again, this time 6-3 4-6 6-1

Federer must hate Andy Murray.

Incidentally, if Murray can win the final he'll make about 750 ranking points on Djokovic, who was knocked out in the quarters... as Djokovic is defending 1000 points after winning this title last year.

That'll cut the gap to about 1000 points in total.....

• 2 weeks later...

Into the semi-finals of the Miami masters after crushing Verdasco 6-1, 6-2 last night. Plays Del Potro in tonights semi, after he won a marathon against Nadal last night. I watched the match, and while Del Potro played well, it was the worst I've ever seen Nadal play. Hopefully Del Potro will still be tired, both physically and mentally - he was celebrating like he'd won the title at the end of the match!

Federer and Djokovic play in the other semi-final. I think if Djokovic gets beat by Federer, and Murray wins the title, he'll take the No. 3 spot from Djokovic.

i think a slam is edging ever closer............... CMON ANDY

Nadal is too good on clay for Murray to win the French - I would say he is as close to invincible on that surface, as is humanly possible. Last years final was utter humiliation for Federer and the beginning of the end for him! However Team Murray have brought in Alex Corretja to work with Andy during the Clay court season... so hopefully he'll make some strides. Through injuries/loss of form, he's basically defending no points from last seasons clay court season - so the odd semi-final appearance and he should leap-frog Djokovic.

I wouldn't fancy Murray on grass either, so I'm going to discount Wimbledon too.... best chance is his favourite tournament, the US Open. If he can keep his form, Nadal is the only player who'll stop him.

Murray wins! some of Murray's shots are frightening!

I think it is aboot time that people in this country gave him the credit he is due. Boy is f**kiin immense and an inspiration along with hoy with what can be achieved as long as you pit some effort in. A lot better than tiger tim and all has ilk

Just need to see how he has beefed himself up to see how much it means to him. Finally 2 sportsmen our country can be proud of.

Murray wins! some of Murray's shots are frightening!

I watched the first set, then had to go to bed because I was exhausted!

Murrays defence is the best on the tour - that first set is the best I've ever seen him play! Del Potro was throwing everything he had at Murray, but he kept on scrambling. Murray said himself, in an interview, the first set was perfect and he can only hope to reach that level consistently in the future.