Bars/pubs In Town.

Mrs_Mols

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A POPULAR Aberdeen bar and restaurant has announced its closure today.

Dizzy’s on Carden Place has been put on the market after owners Carol and David Munro decided to retire.
The sale will end a 46-year presence in the city, as it first opened in 1969 on Queens Cross.
Dizzy’s will remain open until May 30.

A POPULAR Aberdeen bar and restaurant has announced its closure today.

Dizzy’s on Carden Place has been put on the market after owners Carol and David Munro decided to retire.

The sale will end a 46-year presence in the city, as it first opened in 1969 on Queens Cross.

Dizzy’s will remain open until May 30.

Was in on Saturday for a meal.

Wasn't impressed with the service.

Duck Breast was nice as the main. The starter was poor and they took a bloody age to get me my pudding.

There was a rather entertaining old chap in the bar who liked to wear a sailors hat, speak to himself and pout into a pocket mirror. He lightened the mood.

When I saw him pouting I wondered if he was any relation to pudgie.

Went up to the Gilcomston on Sat night to see if it may be suitable for purchase/ rent.

Arrived around 8.30 which should really be prime time, two people in it and one completely disinterested barmaid constantly doing whatever on around 3 mobile phones.

Was asked to shut door as the automatic shut mechanism wasn't functional. While doing so it was clear the door had received a kicking. Instead of the glass being replaced it had just been taped over.

Got a couple of pints once she decided to have a break from texting. This took around 2 minutes despite me being the lone person at the bar.

One other guy came in around 10 minutes later and asked for a Vodka and Coke.

She had no coke, but he could have the last can of Pepsi. He asked for ice, there was none.

He questioned why a bar had no coke or ice, the reply was that she had been working since 11am and had another 3 hours to go and therefore didn't care.

The place will be boarded up by the end of March is my assumption.

If the place is in a trough business wise and you can get the rental scaled to reflect that, then it may be worth the investment if you are prepared to put some hard yards in. The building owner would rather be receiving some rent than no rent. Put in a cheeky offer of a couple of hundred quid a week. Grand on stock, grand on a new ice machine, 100 quid to fix door latch and window. Bar Rumpus is open for business.

It was bad like...

£10,000 they're wanting for goods and chattles, £1000 would be more realistic.

That's quite often known as key money. There is not an empty licensed premises in Aberdeen that has a hope of getting key money, the current market doesn't reflect that. Offer them 500 quid on the proviso you get approved for a license. They are dreaming at 10k.

That's quite often known as key money. There is not an empty licensed premises in Aberdeen that has a hope of getting key money, the current market doesn't reflect that. Offer them 500 quid on the proviso you get approved for a license. They are dreaming at 10k.

I was unaware it was negotiable, 500 would be realistic. Not sure how much the rent and rates cost, shall find out. I see they do the Publicans licence test down in the Carmelite every month or so. Multiple choice, so should be straightforward.

r

Nae once me and Rumpus tart it up.

Man v Food style Burger nights on a Thursday.

Proper bar snacks. Cheese n chilli Toasties, Stovies etc.

Cocaine friendly toilets, flat ledge and secure locking systems.

Top quality international beer menu.

Keep an eye open for the occasional prostitue lock in.

will you have deep fried haggis medallions? with a whisky cream sauce for dipping?

Nae once me and Rumpus tart it up.

Man v Food style Burger nights on a Thursday.

Proper bar snacks. Cheese n chilli Toasties, Stovies etc.

Cocaine friendly toilets, flat ledge and secure locking systems.

Top quality international beer menu.

Keep an eye open for the occasional prostitue lock in.

How about topless barmaids, thats what owner of rough dockers pub in Plymouth did when i was down there made a fortune. Sure it was called the avendale...... Might be wrong though.

Both birds were fuckn smoking lovely chebs aswell nice and pert nae yer droopy whoors.

Just a suggestion like if you do decide to go down that road I'm good at sussing oot a right tit.....

I'm with Cheese here, with the right marketing any place can be turned around, demographic in that area is students and young people, change the name, serve good food and get some good bands in, cheap student nights to get the place launched, done.

The tic fans would need to be told to find a new pub, that goes without question.

The problem with food is that there's not a kitchen...

The Celtic supporters leaving there wouldn't be an issue. 40 blokes throwing back pints and nips for a couple of hours before departing?

I'd be ootside in my favourite hoops top waving them off after having gotten an idea of expected numbers for their next televised European game so I could get enough mince pies delivered for half time.