Bars/pubs In Town.

Mrs_Mols

I loved Radars. In my street urchin prebuscent days it was the place to be. Saturday was always shop lifting day, Radars was the meeting place for showing each other the days takings.

Your quite right big boy, if The Fonz (capital letters for a man of stature) was from Aberden, he'd have been the main man.

Radars had a massive plate of spag bol - if you could eat it all you got it for free. But loons and quines, it wasn't in the same place as The Wild Boar, it was where the vodka bar, or fitiver incarnation of that downstairs bit is now. You could also get a half-score of rocky just about any time of day or night, 7 days a week at Radar's Bar.

Radars had a massive plate of spag bol - if you could eat it all you got it for free. But loons and quines, it wasn't in the same place as The Wild Boar, it was where the vodka bar, or fitiver incarnation of that downstairs bit is now. You could also get a half-score of rocky just about any time of day or night, 7 days a week at Radar's Bar.

I think you might be slightly mistaken.

There was 1 up record shop, then a shitty bar, then Radars. Am quite happy to admit any faux pas with my memory, but.....

Radars was where the vodka bar is. I have known the owner for years. Same owner through all incarnations. The shitty bar you are referring to may well have been the upstairs bar at Radars. Full of heavy-metal types, or "smellies" as they were known back in the day. Used to reek of pot.

Radars was where the vodka bar is. I have known the owner for years. Same owner through all incarnations. The shitty bar you are referring to may well have been the upstairs bar at Radars. Full of heavy-metal types, or "smellies" as they were known back in the day. Used to reek of pot.

Preposterous.

Please read below a bit from a book I have just copied and pasted;

"Radars was a popular cafe type place in Aberdeen and contrary to popular belief used to be where th wild boar is.'

There. Proof if proof was needed. I hope that puts this matter too bed.

Preposterous.

Please read below a bit from a book I have just copied and pasted;

"Radars was a popular cafe type place in Aberdeen and contrary to popular belief used to be where th wild boar is.'

There. Proof if proof was needed. I hope that puts this matter too bed.

Very convincing indeed - but shite.

A brothel? In Aberdeen? Absolute filth. We'll all burn in hell. Well we would if there was one. Down to Radar's it is.

Radar's "restaurant" was downstairs (what you call Kef) and Radar's Bar was upstairs (part of which is now the vodka bar). At one point the owner acquired the shop next door and expanded - that may have been Brown's the gun shop, canna really mind that well.

Fitiver, it definitely wasn't where the Wild Boar is, or even the same building.

A brothel? In Aberdeen? Absolute filth. We'll all burn in hell. Well we would if there was one. Down to Radar's it is.

Radar's "restaurant" was downstairs (what you call Kef) and Radar's Bar was upstairs (part of which is now the vodka bar). At one point the owner acquired the shop next door and expanded - that may have been Brown's the gun shop, canna really mind that well.

Fitiver, it definitely wasn't where the Wild Boar is, or even the same building.

I concur with you CL that Radars was on that site but good point raised regarding Browns, great selection of weaponry to be found in there.

As for the Wild Boar was that not JS Sharpe's, Aberdeen's other great emporium of animal butchery bits and bobs ?

• 2 weeks later...

Radars, was owned by a guy who stayed just up the road from me, Mr I. H,

He had a bit of a problem at his house his swimming pool leaked and flooded his squash court.

His house had a massive boating lake at the bottom, I recall when it burst a bank,

He owned 3 or 4 farms,

Another fact he knew Osama Bin Laden. Who rented his brothers flat when he studied in London.

Radars, was owned by a guy who stayed just up the road from me, Mr I. H,

He had a bit of a problem at his house his swimming pool leaked and flooded his squash court.

His house had a massive boating lake at the bottom, I recall when it burst a bank,

He owned 3 or 4 farms,

Another fact he knew Osama Bin Laden. Who rented his brothers flat when he studied in London.

I knew him as well. Tall cunt with a beard who lived in a cave?

Bound to be the same guy.

Who the radars owner or bin Laden.

The radars owner was also the owner of a Toyota landcruiser, which had two fuel tanks. One for red diesel and one for white, I drove it so know that's true.

Bin Laden. I bolder his name to make that obvious.

I don't believe the Landcruiser tale.

Or Lava to us older heads

Fuck that makes me an old cunt. Many a good night in there. Anyone else remember the microwave chip machine? Was that real or was I monged?

Once ended up in ARI after mashing my head on the low stairs down to the bar.

When it turned to Kef remember first time in went on a bit of a bender and were sitting in one of the weird carpeted sitting on the floor with low table bits. All very civilised until my wee bro spewed behind one of the lovely scatter cushions. I'm sure I've got a picture somewhere.

Any recommendations for food and bars in Edinburgh??

How long you in Edinburgh for? Shebeen is good for steaks and loads of meat, they've a butcher in house so they can do their own cuts cheaper. Pretty close to Lebowskis too. Yeni is the same as Nargile in Aberdeen and run by an Aiberdeen loon. There's Chez Jules on the same road that does pretty good French food. Couple of ok bars close by there but closer to poncy George Street