Pet Hates

StandFree1982

The old wooden sash windows look poor at times, I don't get why they don't allow pvc sash - like you say, you can't tell the difference. With the push for better insulation of houses, this is the type of thing that should be allowed

Yup. If anything their pedantry makes it less likely that buildings will be maintained. They even want the frames to be made of a certain kind of wood.

It's all a complete farce that just keeps a bunch of petty nimby types in a job. The last time they even bothered to check the building was 1996 so they can't be that bothered about its "character".

Yup. If anything their pedantry makes it less likely that buildings will be maintained. They even want the frames to be made of a certain kind of wood.

It's all a complete farce that just keeps a bunch of petty nimby types in a job. The last time they even bothered to check the building was 1996 so they can't be that bothered about its "character".

You could probably have fired in pvc sash, not told anyone and got away with it!

You could probably have fired in pvc sash, not told anyone and got away with it!

I'm not sure. The Scottish property questionnaire asks you if you've installed double glazing. I have no idea what happens if I say yes or no to that. If I lie does it then come back and bite me in the arse years later (I assume so)?  If I say yes does that then get flagged to the council, who in turn fine me and make me put back the antiquated windows, because reasons? Nae idea.

Stayed in a list building a few years ago. Were not allowed to have a TV aerial or Sky Dish fixed to the exterior wall and in the title deeds silly things like the front door had to be painted with the same colour of paint as the rest of the doors in the building. We had 'fake' sash windows. They were basically standard wooden framed double glazed windows, split in half to look and open like a sash window and it had an exterior frame built around the window on the outside to make it look like it was still an original window.

Get a letter from a joiner saying they’re fucked.

I'm not sure. The Scottish property questionnaire asks you if you've installed double glazing. I have no idea what happens if I say yes or no to that. If I lie does it then come back and bite me in the arse years later (I assume so)? If I say yes does that then get flagged to the council, who in turn fine me and make me put back the antiquated windows, because reasons? Nae idea.

Who would have come and checked if you had lied on your form or not if you'd said no?

The advice my mrs was given for her flat in recent years was that if she fired them in, and they're not picked up on in 5 years, they can make you remove them.

The Scottish property questionnaire asks you if you've installed double glazing. I have no idea what happens if I say yes or no to that. If I lie does it then come back and bite me in the arse years later (I assume so)? 

Say no, if it gets picked up on years later, say you can't remember, and you must of misunderstood the question. Very worst case scenario they make you pay to replace them with originals. You'll save that money on your heating bills in a few years anyway. 

I'm all for not fucking around with listed building, but when it effects the performance of the building surely you have to use the modern materials. It can easily be documented what it looked like originally and if we can super efficient sash and case windows in the future then that can be prescribed as the solution. Especially with every cunt going on about energy efficiency and climate change etc.

Seagulls

Cannot believe this has not been commented on so far. Its a +1 from me.

Utter cunts of things and they should be shot on site.

Seen one shite on two lassies on union St the other day, while funny as fuck the mess it made was unbelievable and both lassies were near to tears!

Cannot believe this has not been commented on so far. Its a +1 from me.

Utter cunts of things and they should be shot on site.

Seen one shite on two lassies on union St the other day, while funny as fuck the mess it made was unbelievable and both lassies were near to tears!

I fucking hate seagulls. Why cant they just pipe down? What a fuckin racket! They should be culled on an industrial scale.

Raised this a few times previously on this thread but fuck me, people who are bad drivers really do it for me.

It's either cunts who go round a roundabout in the outside lane until the last exit, cunts who block junctions and do the whole staring ahead of them rather than make eye contact with you because they know they have fucked up or cunts who don't use their indicators.

Please, if your a nervous driver JUST DON'T GO OUT ON THE FUCKING ROADS.

Raised this a few times previously on this thread but fuck me, people who are bad drivers really do it for me.

It's either cunts who go round a roundabout in the outside lane until the last exit, cunts who block junctions and do the whole staring ahead of them rather than make eye contact with you because they know they have fucked up or cunts who don't use their indicators.

Please, if your a nervous driver JUST DON'T GO OUT ON THE FUCKING ROADS.

Coming off the bypass from the north at the westhill notoriously bad for this. I usually have a daily dose of road rage there. Lazy bastards not waiting and going right round it in the outside lane. Cunts.

Michigan has notoriously stupid drivers. 

Was driving back from Kentucky... three hundred miles and not an incident. 

Eventually see the sign, "Welcome to Michigan" and pretty much the first thing I see is some cunt speeding along the shoulder in reverse. 

I've seen some magically stupid shit on the roads here... 

Sitting my test when I first got here, the instructor says, "Turn left and get all the way over to the left hand lane." 

Bless him, he meant the left hand lane of the right hand side of the road... I took him literally,though, and swung the car clean into three lanes of oncoming traffic. His fault for not being clear with his instructions.  Passed, though... which will give you an indication as to how easy it is to get a drivers license here. 

• Downvote 1

Adding to the shite driver theme, folk that take corners at 2mph. Particularly annoying when turning right at traffic lights. Or left for over seas hatters, present company accepted. Really aggravates me and often sees me jumping up and down in my seat screaming at them to fuck off. That’s often followed up by over taking them and staring them down whilst shaking my head disapprovingly

It was better when you just stuck to the Gaylord forum. I take it you've made a tit of yourself over there and that's why your on here chuntering on about your windows?

Sorry, I shouldn't have joked about your poverty.  That wasn't cool.

Indeed. 

Cunts who own motorbikes should fuck off to an abandoned radioactive town some place and play with their toys there.   Virgins.  Take all the smokers with them.   Absolute serpents. 

Never understood cunts who own Harley Davidsons. 

Noisy, slow, clunky pieces of shite that serve absolutely zero functional purpose that a Ducatti wouldn't serve far better at a similar price. 

It's like buying a fucking tractor instead of a car to get you to work when you're not a farmer. 

Or something. 

I don't necessarily mean big hairy biker sorts who take their noise pollutant death machine out once a month in their Blue Oyster Bar leather waistcoat for a burl on the open road. They are allowed. I suppose. As long as they don't rev past my house or try to tongue my arsehole.

More the nippy little sonic assault cunts that buzz about the streets 24/7.

^^shiting it

Never understood cunts who own Harley Davidsons. 

Noisy, slow, clunky pieces of shite that serve absolutely zero functional purpose that a Ducatti wouldn't serve far better at a similar price. 

It's like buying a fucking tractor instead of a car to get you to work when you're not a farmer. 

Or something. 

More comfort when touring and look a bit different?

It's like buying a hatch back instead of an Ariel atom etc surely.