Pet Hates

StandFree1982

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There was a small boy (I'd guess about 3 or 4 years old) having an absolute meltdown at security at the airport yesterday when I was there. Felt really sorry for the mum who was trying to reason with him. Her patience was mightily impressive. 

Yeah planes are a nightmare for this but I totally understand if kids are crying or playing up and the parents are doing everything they can. It’s when they are sitting there scoffing bloody Mary’s while the little shits are bombing up and down the aisle or kicking the back of your chair that fucks me off.

37 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

There is/was a parenthood thread on here but haven't gone searching for it yet - may not have survived the cull last year. 
Now that fatherhood is coming to me in November I will be sourcing some quality advice from Hatters, hopefully. 
However, all of the above regarding parents let kids run amok is something I am determined not to let happen. I can't be fucked with noisy and unruly kids spoiling everybody's else's meal, day out etc. I'll be making sure my one is well trained before we start risking it interfering with everybody else's enjoyment. 

Seriously man, give the wife plenty time alone, take the nipper put etc, and make sure she does the same for you. I've seen couples really resent each other getting space, mum's getting pissed off if the dad's working etc.

Don't let her get too freaked out about breast feeding. The nurses are fucking headbursting about it. If it's not working just get formula.

Don't buy loads of clothes. The money we've wasted over the years on clothes brings a tear to my eye. You'll get given loads and they wear the same shit on rotation.

50 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

There is/was a parenthood thread on here but haven't gone searching for it yet - may not have survived the cull last year. 
Now that fatherhood is coming to me in November I will be sourcing some quality advice from Hatters, hopefully. 
However, all of the above regarding parents let kids run amok is something I am determined not to let happen. I can't be fucked with noisy and unruly kids spoiling everybody's else's meal, day out etc. I'll be making sure my one is well trained before we start risking it interfering with everybody else's enjoyment. 

Piece of piss. Set the rules early doors and the kids will be fine.

Like Chebs says, have you and her time, together and apart.

50 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Yeah I’ve always wondered why kids crave/ get bribed with McDonald’s etc. If you never take them there in the first place then they can never know what it’s like. The only people to blame are the parents who were silly enough to give that nonsense to their bairn 

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Kids under 10 shouldn’t be allowed on planes.

Came back from Spain last week Ryanair to Aberdeen. The plane was pretty empty, but there was a young couple (maybe 21-23 years old) with a kid around 18 months sitting about 3 rows in front of me. 

The kid screamed the whole 3 hours and the parents just shouted at it to “fucking shut up” or “I’ll give you a smack in a minute”. Quality parenting. 

6 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Came back from Spain last week Ryanair to Aberdeen. The plane was pretty empty, but there was a young couple (maybe 21-23 years old) with a kid around 18 months sitting about 3 rows in front of me. 

The kid screamed the whole 3 hours and the parents just shouted at it to “fucking shut up” or “I’ll give you a smack in a minute”. Quality parenting. 

Maybe if they followed through with the threat the kid would have shut up 

20 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Yeah I’ve always wondered why kids crave/ get bribed with McDonald’s etc. If you never take them there in the first place then they can never know what it’s like. The only people to blame are the parents who were silly enough to give that nonsense to their bairn 

My wee laddie chooses a fish supper over a McD's everytime. Can't beat a wee bit bonding sitting in the motor munching fish and chips.

1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Exactly what I hope to do Bri, cheers. I was saying that to her when we were in a shop on Saturday. There was some device called a seatbelt positioner or something like that. It was £30 or something for this tiny wee thing and I turned to her and said the only seatbelt positioner we need is to clip the bairn in and say to stay where the fuck you are and don't touch anything until we unclip you. 

3 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Which is mental IMO. Obviously you canna be chinning them but a clip round the ear or a smacked arse is literally the only way you can get through to a difficult child. 

100% agree. Still happens in most homes behind closed doors im sure.

I was in a chipper a couple months ago and witnessed the absolutely pathetic attempts of a mother to try and subdue her unruly freakish children. They were running in to folk, kicking and screaming their heads off.  Trying to discuss their behaviour to them as if she was talking to an adult. Completely embarrassing, you should be giving them a warning to settle down and after that hauling them out of there. 

12 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Exactly what I hope to do Bri, cheers. I was saying that to her when we were in a shop on Saturday. There was some device called a seatbelt positioner or something like that. It was £30 or something for this tiny wee thing and I turned to her and said the only seatbelt positioner we need is to clip the bairn in and say to stay where the fuck you are and don't touch anything until we unclip you. 

Good luck with them listening to you ?

3 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Aye I expect I have a totally unrealistic view of how I think it's all going to work but for now I am clinging to the hope I can keep him/her under control!

You're in for a rude awakening to be fair. Enjoy when it comes. The good far outweighs the bad. 

20 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I hope you're going to let them choose their own pronouns as soon as they're old enough to communicate a preference? 

Obsessed with this. Cringe behaviour.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Obsessed with this. Cringe behaviour.

I can't remember making a comment about it before,  I think you're doing that thing again where you  mistakenly attribute viewpoints or comments to the wrong person?  Anyway,  it was just a wee joke,  fuck off you boring sap. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
9 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

You're in for a rude awakening to be fair. Enjoy when it comes. The good far outweighs the bad. 

Rude awakening has been a phrase I've been using quite a bit. Fully hold my hands up to being pretty clueless so far!

@maryhilldon . We've chosen not to find out the sex until she gives birth but we'll definitely be taking the traditional approach of calling it a boy or girl dependent on what is or isn't between the legs. 

31 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I can't remember making a comment about it before,  I think you're doing that thing again where you  mistakenly attribute viewpoints or comments to the wrong person?  Anyway,  it was just a wee joke,  fuck off you boring sap. 

The marijuana is rotting your brain maaan