Pet Hates

StandFree1982

3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I haven't even bothered to watch it.

Used to watch it back in the days of when Fatima Whitbread, Liz McColgan, and the men's GBR 4x400m winning gold medals at the world championships in Rome and Tokyo respectively when the hosts and the panellists were the best available, regardless of their race, colour, gender and sexual orientation.

Sky Sports and the BBC have absolutely murdered the viewing pleasure of such events nowadays.

I’ve watched loads. It’s been excellent and Scotland have done really well (gold and a bronze 50% of UK total). 

The beautiful Jess Ennis is welcome to comment on any and every program as far as I’m concerned. 

Am not aware of any “wokeness” being applied to guest or commentator selection. 

In my opinion, people like to get worked up about imaginary grievances. 

1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

I’ve watched loads. It’s been excellent and Scotland have done really well (gold and a bronze 50% of UK total). 

The beautiful Jess Ennis is welcome to comment on any and every program as far as I’m concerned. 

Am not aware of any “wokeness” being applied to guest or commentator selection. 

In my opinion, people like to get worked up about imaginary grievances. 

Jess Ennis, black enough to run fast, white enough to look good.

• Haha 2

Don’t think the point is really the colour of folks skin nor what they get up to, it’s the fact that every panel will have an ethnic minority a bird and possibly a Gaylord.

Doesn’t matter worth a fuck what knowledge they have of said sport.

If they are there on merit fair enough, but there would be a meltdown if you had 4 white men despite their experience.