Pet Hates

StandFree1982

10 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Repair or change the tube?  I’ve had to change my boys tube ( the fucking rear one each time) three times in the past fortnight. 

Change inner, use gas cannister to inflate - feck repairing a tube nowadays!

Being tubeless doesn't mean you don't get punctures, just means you get the gel sprayed all over you.

(it does mean you can generally ride home/to where you are going though without having to change inners, Ive had plenty of practice so doesnt take that long, just hate doing it at the side of the road)

8 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Right, so you can still get punctures but not so frequently? The gell set up sounds messy if you have to repair a tubeless fault then ? 

Yes, you do get punctures, just you are able to keep riding with them.

The gel basically tries to seal the whole/puncture in the tyre - if its too big though the gel just sprays out, all over you if the tyres are still going round.

They can be a faff to set up initially, and if riding a lot offroad/windfarm etc then you will end up carrying spare inner and gas/pump anyway for when you get a slash/too big a whole in tyre so I just stayed with the "old skoll" inners and deal with punctures - its no like you have them every day.

Get decent "puncture proof" tyres on yer loons bike - marathon schwable pus type, nae punctures with them

16 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Cheers. I’ve had the same MTB for 11 years and had not one puncture on it some nice new. He got this hybrid electric thing a couple of weeks ago ( with obviously thinner tyres)  and has had three!  The change of tyre sounds like a good idea 👍 

The tyres that will have come with the bike will be pretty cheap ones, get them changed to something decent and should, hopefully, sort the problem out.

Is he no capable of fixing his own punctures yet though - get him learnt!

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Cheers. I’ve had the same MTB for 11 years and had not one puncture on it some nice new. He got this hybrid electric thing a couple of weeks ago ( with obviously thinner tyres)  and has had three!  The change of tyre sounds like a good idea 👍 

Or get a taxi instead

14 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Commentators and summarisers constantly saying "think", "probably" and "VAR" during a match they've been assigned to cover.🤬

Comment on what you actually see and not what you wish to see. Pricks.

I particularly enjoyed the comment earlier on Southgate that he’s the most successful England manager ever, other than Alf Ramsey of course.

Eh so he’s fucking nae then is he.

4 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I particularly enjoyed the comment earlier on Southgate that he’s the most successful England manager ever, other than Alf Ramsey of course.

Eh so he’s fucking nae then is he.

Aye, I heard that one as well min when the boy Mowbray was doing a comparison between Southgate and old Alfred as to who had won the most games at a major tournament whilst boss of the England team. 

An awful comparison.

Winning trophies matters far more than who's won the most games without a trophy to show for it.

Both don't even come close to Sam Allardyce's England managerial record, albeit without a trophy.

That Alex Scott idiot wearing a captains armband whilst she’s being a pundit. How embarrassing is that 

I hope people on Twitter have been pulling her up for the hypocrisy of going there then speaking out against whatever it is that’s in vogue to speak out against. 

she could’ve stayed home. She chose to go there for the benefit of her career.

no morals, no values. Strap that armband round your neck 

10 hours ago, Poodler said:

That Alex Scott idiot wearing a captains armband whilst she’s being a pundit. How embarrassing is that 

I hope people on Twitter have been pulling her up for the hypocrisy of going there then speaking out against whatever it is that’s in vogue to speak out against. 

I'd be interested to know how many of them have holidayed in Dubai where ferreting is also illegal.

10 hours ago, Poodler said:

I bet it wouldn't be the first time she has had a strap on

• Haha 1