Or you could save it and perhaps one day put it towards a car, or a deposit for a flat....

Perhaps though, up to yourself what you do with your money - I don't care either way.

We're away to get a car this week it would seem. :).

That doesn't always happen in poker games Roberto so don't count your chickens. I've seen it in the movies where a guy bets his car but don't think it happens in real life.

You never bet on the golf and still bet a tenner on three races.

That's bad.

I'd understand you putting 20 quid on the golf as you say you do that but ignoring the golf and betting double your normal amount for the week on one day is a bit extreme.

You've bet large on that one Roberto. Double your normal weekly bet in one foul swoop.

Fair point but factor in the fact that gamblers lie about their stakes as much as men lie to their wife about how many women they'd humped prior to getting married and it's probably a lot more than a grand.

Similar to going for a medical. The amount of units declared as being drunk is at least half of what's actually consumed. :sherlock:

As far as I'm aware last season I was down that much, it's probably more now due to the euros and going back in to horses, I'll probably give 3card brag a go again at some point, great buzz on that and had decent wins before.

Some weekends I was spending £100 on betting then the next was just £10, couple of small wins here and there pay for the next bet and so on, this season I'll be taking a more professional approach to it trying to build up a good bank with an idea of making a proper go of pro gambling in 5 years or so which is do-able if you stick to what you know best, no stupid bets and you take advantage of bookies over pricing certain markets (Rangers matches next season will be one of those) also Aston Villa at home for corners will be a decent returner I think this season along with the time of the last goal in Spurs games (after 75 mins)

I'd have probably spent some and saved more but due to giving up following the dons that £1000 came from about 6 games or so.

EDIT. I see you've replied. Your bets will be much more than you estimate Mini.

with an idea of making a proper go of pro gambling in 5 years or so which is do-able

hysterical.gif

Let us know how you get on.

I predict this will go the same way as your plans for going offshore, joining the navy, having a go at stand-up comedy, ie. fucking nowhere.

• Upvote 4

Nae saying you're telling porkies just pointing out your bet stake estimates are likely askew.

Your post above says it all.

Even considering that bet and claiming you only spend a grand a season just doesn't add up.

I was fairly confident in two boxers I like, actually used to adore both of them until recently, Haye was the stumbling block, the price didn't offer much value given the risk and that Chisora had never been floored before, so I left it, a lucky escape, just because I don't bet big doesn't mean i won't but only if the form, stats and price all match up.

hysterical.gif

Let us know how you get on.

I predict this will go the same way as your plans for going offshore, joining the navy, having a go at stand-up comedy, ie. fucking nowhere.

Very good, you never tried to do something and got nowhere like? The fact you still live in themiddle of nowhere would suggest that.

• Upvote 1