Wrestling Thread

robbo

Nah, not even close. But I'd say the same of real fighting too - UFC should be bigger than what it is IMO.

I reckon wrestling is on the rise though, after years of shit its becoming watchable again. Few folk I know used to be into it slowly getting back involved.

Yeah, I think people got right behind it after 'Mania. Sounds like Summerslam was amazing. Might give it a watch even though I know what happens.

I thought Ambrose Rollins sounded like a clusterfuck but I must have read it wrong as everyone I've heard said it was a great match. If they can push Ziggles into a main event, or even a respectable spot then I can see that having a big impact in getting people positive about wrestling again.

Yeah, I think people got right behind it after 'Mania. Sounds like Summerslam was amazing. Might give it a watch even though I know what happens.

I thought Ambrose Rollins sounded like a clusterfuck but I must have read it wrong as everyone I've heard said it was a great match. If they can push Ziggles into a main event, or even a respectable spot then I can see that having a big impact in getting people positive about wrestling again.

Aye, well worth it. Divas titlle match outstanding too, that pair actually make womens wrestling worth watching. Better than Trish v Lita IMO!

Swagger & Rusev both come out looking good, Wyatt v Y2J a wee bit disappointing, but still also worth a watch.

Honestly Ambrose v Rollins should be the main event soon, or at least involved. Unreal chemistry those two have, so innovative. I really don't get Roman Reigns, he's got about 3 moves. Get Ziggler, Bo Dallas and Cesaro in meaningful storylines and it would be perfect.

Aye, well worth it. Divas titlle match outstanding too, that pair actually make womens wrestling worth watching. Better than Trish v Lita IMO!

Swagger & Rusev both come out looking good, Wyatt v Y2J a wee bit disappointing, but still also worth a watch.

Honestly Ambrose v Rollins should be the main event soon, or at least involved. Unreal chemistry those two have, so innovative. I really don't get Roman Reigns, he's got about 3 moves. Get Ziggler, Bo Dallas and Cesaro in meaningful storylines and it would be perfect.

Paige v AJ was pretty brutal, full on and well done. The only thing that would've made it better is mud and bikinis, or mud and no bikinis...

Lesner v Cena, pretty shit IMO. Not a fan of Lesner, I dont think anyone should be allowed to just do PPV events and I dont think Lesner has the wrestling ability to justify it either. If he was an amazing technical wrestler with a watchable character and mouth then aye but he isnt. He's a poovy voiced bore that needs someone to do his talking for him. Quicker Daniel Bryan returns and takes the title off him the better.

I thought Sumerslam was better than mania this year though.

Paige v AJ was pretty brutal, full on and well done. The only thing that would've made it better is mud and bikinis, or mud and no bikinis...

Lesner v Cena, pretty shit IMO. Not a fan of Lesner, I dont think anyone should be allowed to just do PPV events and I dont think Lesner has the wrestling ability to justify it either. If he was an amazing technical wrestler with a watchable character and mouth then aye but he isnt. He's a poovy voiced bore that needs someone to do his talking for him. Quicker Daniel Bryan returns and takes the title off him the better.

I thought Sumerslam was better than mania this year though.

Perfect way to become a heel in this era = be a part time wrestler. Lesnar isnt supposed to be a wrestler, he's meant to be an absolute monster. He can wrestle too, look at his early matches. But if he started wrestling it wouldnt fit the current persona.

Summerslam was better than Mania, agreed.

Perfect way to become a heel in this era = be a part time wrestler. Lesnar isnt supposed to be a wrestler, he's meant to be an absolute monster. He can wrestle too, look at his early matches. But if he started wrestling it wouldnt fit the current persona.

Summerslam was better than Mania, agreed.

e has serious stomach problems

He can no longer wrestle because of his health issues. He's left with the option of punching (which isnt wrestling) and variations on a suplex. Seen better at the Beach Ballroom.

He is not more than a gimmick now, shadow of his former self and pretty boring to watch. Summed up by the chants of boring after 5 minutes of him in the ring.

I dont find him in the least bit entertaining and it is meant to be sports entertainment...

e has serious stomach problems

He can no longer wrestle because of his health issues. He's left with the option of punching (which isnt wrestling) and variations on a suplex. Seen better at the Beach Ballroom.

He is not more than a gimmick now, shadow of his former self and pretty boring to watch. Summed up by the chants of boring after 5 minutes of him in the ring.

I dont find him in the least bit entertaining and it is meant to be sports entertainment...

:happy:

Ambrose v Rollins on RAW was quality. This is one feud I don't mind continuing.

I reckon Ambrose is out for a few months, he's away to do a film for WWE studios.

My totally nailed on prediction (that wont happen)

Reigns to beat Lesnar for title at the Royal Rumble. Rollins to cash in straight after. Ambrose to come back at win the rumble, 3 way feud for the title at Wrestlemania.

Cena heel turn, feud v Daniel Bryan rivalry over "The Bellas"

Rock v Brock at some point

I reckon Ambrose is out for a few months, he's away to do a film for WWE studios.

Reigns to beat Lesnar for title at the Royal Rumble. Rollins to cash in straight after. Ambrose to come back at win the rumble, 3 way feud for the title at Wrestlemania.

That is a shame as Ambrose work recently has been tremendous.

I like your idea of Reigns winning then Rollins cashing in. A triple threat match between the ex members of The Shield would be one of best matches of the year.

That is a shame as Ambrose work recently has been tremendous.

I like your idea of Reigns winning then Rollins cashing in. A triple threat match between the ex members of The Shield would be one of best matches of the year.

Absolutely, would imagine that would happen at some point in the future. For the title would be tremendous.

After watching Main Event its going to go

Cena v Brock at Night of Champions - Cena win, Money in the Bank cashed in there, Rollins champ

Daniel Bryan returns and he'll take out Orton then Kane then Rollins and he'll be champ - they are keeping this yes thing going for a reason.

Setting it up for a Reigns v Bryan wrestlemania.

Bryan is out for another three months as he's due to have elbow surgery, so I think he'll come back and win the Rumble.

I can't see Cena beating Brock at Night of Champions. But they might have backed themselves into a corner here. They've built Brock up to be this unstoppable beast, breaking the streak and squashing Cena that I can't see who will stop him.

As long as it's not Reigns. Can't stand that chunt. Ambrose and Rollins are pure quality though. Both destined to be in wheelchairs by the time they are 40!

I thoroughly enjoyed Summerslam. But I also thoroughly enjoyed Mania so I don't know I'd say it was better. I'm bored to tears of Cena so I was delighted to see him get mugged off. It's certainly built Brock up. I was never a fan of Brock in his 1st stint in WWE (mind you I didn't watch much back then) but I really enjoy watching him now. I'd say he is/was one of the best wrestlers on the WWE books technically. Didn't know he had stomach issues? What's wrong with it? I watched his fight against Velasquez and a kick to the stomach more or less won him that fight right enough. I thought Summerslam got every match winner spot on.

Not sure about predictions. But I'm sure about one thing. Cena won't turn heel. And I don't think they need to turn him heel. They just need to do something more than just changing the colour of his fucking t-shirt every few months FFS.

just watched brock bgring the ain on cena. usually the loser in a big match rallies for a wee while now and again. but not cena.

brock was cream crackered, whilst cena hardly broke a sweat. maybe brock bob hollied his neck after a german.

that's why brock failed at mma, he cannae hack the pace. lots of rest holds in pro rasslin'

After watching Main Event its going to go

Cena v Brock at Night of Champions - Cena win, Money in the Bank cashed in there, Rollins champ

Daniel Bryan returns and he'll take out Orton then Kane then Rollins and he'll be champ - they are keeping this yes thing going for a reason.

Setting it up for a Reigns v Bryan wrestlemania.

More than likely Bryan to win the rumble now he's getting more surgery.

Can't see Lesnar losing until Survivor Series at least.

Orton still needs a rematch, think Orton v Lesnar would be amazing but highly unlikely as both are bad guys. Maybe Reigns lobbed in there for a triple threat match.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/available-in-uk-nov-3-26767676

WWE Network for $9.99/£6.25 a month. A million times cheaper than sly sports and box office. I'll be signing up tomorrow night after our game!

Nae Raw on it though. I dived at the opportunity and set up proxys for the big american release. Got it all working and although the back catalogue is amazing, I just don't have the time to watch it. If Raw was on it then it would be well worth the cost but I suppose even if you watch/buy every PPV then it more than pays for itself in the long run.

Nae Raw on it though. I dived at the opportunity and set up proxys for the big american release. Got it all working and although the back catalogue is amazing, I just don't have the time to watch it. If Raw was on it then it would be well worth the cost but I suppose even if you watch/buy every PPV then it more than pays for itself in the long run.

No raw is the only bad thing about it. I read it's 6 weeks behind but not sure if that's true. I'm up at 4/5 every morning with my son so this will give me plenty to watch instead of Disney junior!

No raw is the only bad thing about it. I read it's 6 weeks behind but not sure if that's true. I'm up at 4/5 every morning with my son so this will give me plenty to watch instead of Disney junior!

Excellent. Start him on some old ECW stuff now and I'm sure you'll never regret it :laughing:

EDIT: Watchwrestling will give you all the new Raws and the quality is excellent. It's just an annoyance that they're split into parts.