Wrestling Thread

robbo

ICW Fear and Loathing this weekend. Affa hyped up for it. It's a shame there's nae GZRS but it's nae really the event for comedy. The cage match should be brutal as fuck, but it's a shame we won't get to see Whiplash wrestle much. His match with Jack Gallagher on the recent tour was fucking immense!

10 years ago today Eddie Guerrero died. I still remember finding out as if it was yesterday.

Came home from Glasgow at night as the day before we were at the Scotland vs USA game and put on my computer to see my mates msn status "RIP EDDIE". Logged straight onto wwe.com to see the news. :(

Really hope they do something that's not the massively predictable Roman Reigns winning the tournament. I don't dislike him but he's just a bit boring. Sheamus is probably going to end up cashing in whatever happens.

WWE have had a really unlucky year with injuries, a lot of top talent injured at the moment (Rollins, Orton, Bryan etc) has left them very thin on the ground.

Really hope they do something that's not the massively predictable Roman Reigns winning the tournament. I don't dislike him but he's just a bit boring. Sheamus is probably going to end up cashing in whatever happens.

WWE have had a really unlucky year with injuries, a lot of top talent injured at the moment (Rollins, Orton, Bryan etc) has left them very thin on the ground.

Rehash of Deadly Games with Roman in The Rock's position would be good...

Rollins, Owens, Cesaro and the New Day have been the only watchable things past few weeks.

Went to raw in Manchester on Monday. Really enjoyed it except Ric Flair ruining the end and Roman Reigns still being a thing. All the matches were really good bar both women's ones. Don't know how Becky Lynch isn't getting over she is gid as fuck.

Hopefully John Cena gets a serious injury on his time off. Cunt.

He'd be my choice for the next champion, his wrestling just keeps getting better and his chat is getting a lot better now as well. He'd be good for a stint.

Doesnt look likely though, he's up against Reigns in the next round of the tournament.

He'd be my choice for the next champion, his wrestling just keeps getting better and his chat is getting a lot better now as well. He'd be good for a stint.

Doesnt look likely though, he's up against Reigns in the next round of the tournament.

Me too. He's an old fashioned attraction, a guy in the same mould as Sammartino. Amazing performer.

ICW video game coming out on Next Gen consoles along with a show at the Hydro next year.

Mental!

Aye. I hope they aren't doing things too quickly, but appreciate them cashing in on their success. Much deserved.

Be interesting to see what route TNA take, would love to see some of their best here on a regular basis.

ICW video game coming out on Next Gen consoles along with a show at the Hydro next year.

Mental!

It's just incredible. That pop when

Grado won the titlewas absolutely unreal. Having Foley there to recreate the whole being carried around the ring was just fantastic viewing.

I had a lump in my throat just seeing how much it meant to these guys.

A fucking computer game on PS4, XBOX One and Steam is truly phenomenal and attempting to sell over 10k at the Hydro is a huge rise from their already exceptional position. I truly believe that anyone there will be getting a ticket for next year and hopefully the rise can just keep going.

Drew Galloway was on Colt's podcast saying they're aiming for TV and the Scot Squad turned up last night. With the Insane Fight Club documentaries, I wouldn't be surprised to see the BBC take a punt on it. I'd love to have a solid weekly show coming from Scotland and having it free to view would be huge!

I'm currently watching it on demand. Billy Kirkwood really needs to learn when to shut the fuck up.

I can't see them filling the Hydro. If they get near 10k then that would be absolutely amazing but that will still leave about 2k empty seats. I'll look to go to that one I think.

I'm currently watching it on demand. Billy Kirkwood really needs to learn when to shut the fuck up.

I can't see them filling the Hydro. If they get near 10k then that would be absolutely amazing but that will still leave about 2k empty seats. I'll look to go to that one I think.

Must be really hard for him to adapt from stand up to commentary. I think for what he does, he's fantastic. He's obviously there to get himself exposure and he does really well. Gets himself "over" without jeopardising the talent. Looking forward to seeing when Renfrew cashes in and Lionheart seems to be making great headway into being a huge heel.

Survivor Series, fuck me! Going with the option everyone thought of and decided was a shite idea? Fantastic! What do the writers do? Sit on fucking Facebook and pick the idea that gets the worst reaction? Absolutely rotten. ROH, ICW, GFW, TNA, NJPW, Lucha Underground, Progress, Chikara, AAA, CZW and Evolve are all chipping away at WWE's market. I don't think any of these will ever be as big as WWE and I don't think they ever could be, but they're taking people's interest away from WWE and making these smaller companies bigger. I don't think one big competitor is what WWE needs to be scared of. A lot of companies are coming in and offering niche markets that people can pick instead of a one suits all and it looks like people are preferring it. If they don't up their game soon, I can see a lot more fans turning their back on WWE.

Must be really hard for him to adapt from stand up to commentary. I think for what he does, he's fantastic. He's obviously there to get himself exposure and he does really well. Gets himself "over" without jeopardising the talent. Looking forward to seeing when Renfrew cashes in and Lionheart seems to be making great headway into being a huge heel.

Survivor Series, fuck me! Going with the option everyone thought of and decided was a shite idea? Fantastic! What do the writers do? Sit on fucking Facebook and pick the idea that gets the worst reaction? Absolutely rotten. ROH, ICW, GFW, TNA, NJPW, Lucha Underground, Progress, Chikara, AAA, CZW and Evolve are all chipping away at WWE's market. I don't think any of these will ever be as big as WWE and I don't think they ever could be, but they're taking people's interest away from WWE and making these smaller companies bigger. I don't think one big competitor is what WWE needs to be scared of. A lot of companies are coming in and offering niche markets that people can pick instead of a one suits all and it looks like people are preferring it. If they don't up their game soon, I can see a lot more fans turning their back on WWE.

I didn't think that's what would happen. The most obvious choice was to give Reigns the strap as a babyface and run with it. The second most obvious was give him the strap and turn him. The Sheamus cash in was quite good, I thought, but the Ambrose v Reigns match was crap.

The Wyatt v Undertaker/Kane match however, was absolutely shite. Suggests to me Undertaker isn't done yet though, which is unfortunate as he's well past it. Paige v Charlotte was a complete clusterfuck & the only really good match got no reaction (Breeze v Ziggler). Ambrose v Owens was decent.

NXT is where its at.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Rumble was quite a come down from Square Go. Not a fan of HHH winning. They had the opportunity to make someone huge going into their biggest Mania ever. They could have really thrown their weight behind someone but they went with someone well past his best. The Becky/Charlotte match was good and it's great to see Styles in the big league but HHH winning only got a good response because he put Roman out IMO.

Square go was fantastic. Incredible atmosphere for Joe Coffey and for him to go 90 minutes with an injury was incredible. Grado has really cut the weight. He looked incredible and looked like a very credible wrestler. He's used the fame he's gotten in a way I never thought possible for him. Looks like the NAK will be taking over for the next wee while. Maybe a Black Label vs NAK feud coming up with the NAK turning face seen as they have such a big backing already. Jester or Galloway vs Renfrew could be fantastic!

The Rumble was quite a come down from Square Go. Not a fan of HHH winning. They had the opportunity to make someone huge going into their biggest Mania ever. They could have really thrown their weight behind someone but they went with someone well past his best. The Becky/Charlotte match was good and it's great to see Styles in the big league but HHH winning only got a good response because he put Roman out IMO.

Who could they have made huge, realistically? They've went this far with Reigns, might as well go with it now.

Triple H could easily be a good guy going into WM. Folk love him now because of NXT.

KO looks like he'll be up against AJ Styles or Sami Zayn. Bray v Brock will be awesome. Ambrose v Jericho. Sasha/Charlotte/Becky triple threat. New Day/Lucha Dragons/Dudleys etc. in a TLC match? All of those matches will be quality.

Would imagine a League of Nations v USA team (Ryback, Ziggler, Mark Henry, Big Show) given its in Texas. That wont be as good....

Undertaker is the only one without an obvious opponent..unless Sting or Daniel Bryan are fit.

Square go was fantastic. Incredible atmosphere for Joe Coffey and for him to go 90 minutes with an injury was incredible. Grado has really cut the weight. He looked incredible and looked like a very credible wrestler. He's used the fame he's gotten in a way I never thought possible for him. Looks like the NAK will be taking over for the next wee while. Maybe a Black Label vs NAK feud coming up with the NAK turning face seen as they have such a big backing already. Jester or Galloway vs Renfrew could be fantastic!

Yeah but how was the reaction for Swifty boy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...