Wrestling Thread

robbo

Surprisingly nae. Some absolute munters right enough, but there was a few bonnie quines.

Never been to a Wrestlezone show. Missed the last one due to being nae weel. Tempted by the one on Saturday though.

Come along and you'll be greeted by my dour face. Also did I mention there's a bar? Should fit right in with you ICW crowd!

I'll go to ICW at SECC if there's seating, I must admit.

Come along and you'll be greeted by my dour face. Also did I mention there's a bar? Should fit right in with you ICW crowd!

I'll go to ICW at SECC if there's seating, I must admit.

Just standing at the moment. I assume they'll add seating if there's the demand though.

Not bothering paying for Summerslam tonight, haven`t booked a pay-per-view since the last Wrestlemania.

Every one of them seems to be box office now and not free on sky sports since the network has been available over here.

Have had to make some money cut backs - so ta ta to wrestling ppv`s, i don`t really enjoy the wrestling as much the last couple of years anyway.

Will probably just pay for the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 2016.

Not bothering paying for Summerslam tonight, haven`t booked a pay-per-view since the last Wrestlemania.

Every one of them seems to be box office now and not free on sky sports since the network has been available over here.

Have had to make some money cut backs - so ta ta to wrestling ppv`s, i don`t really enjoy the wrestling as much the last couple of years anyway.

Will probably just pay for the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 2016.

Remember the days when they were always shown on sky sports, record it during the night watch half an hour before school, half an hour when home for lunch then watch the rest when getting home from school before going out after supper to speak about it with your mates.

Was always one kid who ruined it and tell everyone who won at school

• Upvote 1

Remember the days when they were always shown on sky sports, record it during the night watch half an hour before school, half an hour when home for lunch then watch the rest when getting home from school before going out after supper to speak about it with your mates.

Was always one kid who ruined it and tell everyone who won at school

Wasn`t interested at all in the wrestling when i was at school, the american wrestling wasn`t on them days.

British wrestling was usually shown on a saturday when i`d be at the football.

D-Von more or less revealed in a promo WrestleZone's beach ballroom show back in June that he and Bubba were going back to WWE. Ruined the surprise for me a bit. :(

Not see the Sting segment yet. So we didn't get any further mention of Taker/Lesnar after the opening promo?

I saw a clip of Stone Cold dishing oot the stunners today from about 15 year ago. Does wrestling have anyone like that these days? Crowd was gan absolutely tits.

Dean Ambrose is pretty similar but nowhere near as big. Randy Orton hitting RKO's is the only equivalent these days.

Crowds are pish now cos its full of bairns & wimen. Pretty much the same as football.

• 5 weeks later...

Aye, same one.

He was at the last wrestlemania, looked OK then but out of his depth in this one.

Out of his depth? I enjoyed his match with Rollins. I think that powerbomb to the corner is dangerous enough without it being performed on a 57 year old. No need for him to dive to the outside and take the table bump though.

Out of his depth? I enjoyed his match with Rollins. I think that powerbomb to the corner is dangerous enough without it being performed on a 57 year old. No need for him to dive to the outside and take the table bump though.

I thought he looked really good at mania, no ring rush at all. The match between him and HHH was a well suited one. They are both getting on a bit and the slower pace and more measured approach they both took suited the match. It was one I really enjoyed.

Against Rollins I thought he looked almost nervy. He was stuttering at moves and not getting a proper hold in. His starting flurry was good but his reactions to Rollins moves just didnt work, in my opinion. If WWE are going to carry on rolling out the oldies they have to allow for their age and get their opponents to almost take the beating and win by sly quick moves and not by breaking their necks on announce tables and putting them in a position where it looks like they cant keep up with the pace.

Thats what I mean by out of his depth, the pace of Rollins made him look clumsy and if you think a move shouldnt be performed on someone because of his age then he is then out of his depth, isnt he?

I'm also not too happy that they took him out of retirement just to be a whipping boy. That would've been 2 for 3 in loses, 2 for 2 in singles. Sting is a legend, deserves to be treated like one. Win but no belt on a technicality or something like that, woudl fit with the lucky charmed bastard character they're making Rollins as well.

I thought he looked really good at mania, no ring rush at all. The match between him and HHH was a well suited one. They are both getting on a bit and the slower pace and more measured approach they both took suited the match. It was one I really enjoyed.

Aye. Pity the ending was absolutely shite.

Against Rollins I thought he looked almost nervy. He was stuttering at moves and not getting a proper hold in. His starting flurry was good but his reactions to Rollins moves just didnt work, in my opinion. If WWE are going to carry on rolling out the oldies they have to allow for their age and get their opponents to almost take the beating and win by sly quick moves and not by breaking their necks on announce tables and putting them in a position where it looks like they cant keep up with the pace.

Thats what I mean by out of his depth, the pace of Rollins made him look clumsy and if you think a move shouldnt be performed on someone because of his age then he is then out of his depth, isnt he?

I'm also not too happy that they took him out of retirement just to be a whipping boy. That would've been 2 for 3 in loses, 2 for 2 in singles. Sting is a legend, deserves to be treated like one. Win but no belt on a technicality or something like that, woudl fit with the lucky charmed bastard character they're making Rollins as well.

Agree with all of that.