Wrestling Thread

robbo

If WWE are going to carry on rolling out the oldies they have to allow for their age and get their opponents to almost take the beating and win by sly quick moves and not by breaking their necks on announce tables and putting them in a position where it looks like they cant keep up with the pace.

Look at Ric Flair - he was in his 50's and then suddenly started rolling around in thumbtacks and taking part in daft gimmick matches.

I would be willing to bet that much like Flair - Sting wants to prove he can hang with the younger guys. So he's willing to take daft bumps.

Watched the two latest "Table For 3" episodes on the Network. Really enjoyed the New Day one. You could tell they're really having a good time with this gimmick. When Woods mentioned that they were umming and aahing over whether to ask Kofi or not was surprising. They said he was established. Which you could kind of say he was, but he wasn't really doing much at the same time. Glad it all worked out for the best though! That is til creative ruin another good gimmick.

The Divas one was pretty meh. Just a lot of arse licking. Ivory being really annoying and loud. Molly Holly not being loud enough. She was so quiet, almost as if she didn't want to be there. Then there was Madusa that gave off an attitude that just annoyed me for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Apparently the next episode is Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Ryback. Not quite sure what to expect from that.

Apparently the next episode is Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Ryback. Not quite sure what to expect from that.

The only one of those 3 that took advantage was Bryan. Ziggler is dull and Ryback is useless at promos.

Dont like New Day either. I remember the Free Birds, the more the commentators try to compare the quciker I get bored of them

The only one of those 3 that took advantage was Bryan. Ziggler is dull and Ryback is useless at promos.

Dont like New Day either. I remember the Free Birds, the more the commentators try to compare the quciker I get bored of them

The New Day are the most entertaining thing about wrestling just now. They were amazing at Summerslam.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not into WWE but my twelve year old is. Taking him to SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Nov 5th. By the time I've bought tickets, hotel, train fare for me, missus and son, it works out as an expensive birthday present! Last time I took him it was at the Braehead Arena, some atmosphere that night...

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. El Patron/Del Rio was really lighting shit up in Lucha Underground (which if anyone hasn't watched it, get on watchwerstling and do so now. If anyone's got the fire stick you can get the WatchWrestling app on there) and with the sour grapes he left with, I didn't think he'd go back. I don't think WWE is a place where he can shine. There were enough solid characters around him to make him stand out in LU but in WWE he just gets lost in a beigey mess of blandness.

Interesting. El Patron/Del Rio was really lighting shit up in Lucha Underground (which if anyone hasn't watched it, get on watchwerstling and do so now. If anyone's got the fire stick you can get the WatchWrestling app on there) and with the sour grapes he left with, I didn't think he'd go back. I don't think WWE is a place where he can shine. There were enough solid characters around him to make him stand out in LU but in WWE he just gets lost in a beigey mess of blandness.

Neither do I, last time round he was pish. His English isnt smooth enough for the verbals, he sounds far too scripted.

Only thing you can put it down to is a nice big contract for him and WWE looking to attract more of the American Hispanics.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for butting in here. I am a Glasgow taxi driver. Last night I picked up a family from the Hydro and they were from Aberdeenshire. They left an expensive camera in the back. I would love to be able to return it to its proper owner. There was an excited wee boy in the back who had just seen his wrestling heroes. I hope some of you can help. Many thanks.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for butting in here. I am a Glasgow taxi driver. Last night I picked up a family from the Hydro and they were from Aberdeenshire. They left an expensive camera in the back. I would love to be able to return it to its proper owner. There was an excited wee boy in the back who had just seen his wrestling heroes. I hope some of you can help. Many thanks.

If you use Facebook, send a message to Fubar News. Aberdeen based community page with a huge outreach across North East. That'll likely do the trick. Tens of thousands of housewives all over that page

I quoted you in the other thread, read there

Did you write the famous poem?

What a top man.

I'm not into WWE but my twelve year old is. Taking him to SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Nov 5th. By the time I've bought tickets, hotel, train fare for me, missus and son, it works out as an expensive birthday present! Last time I took him it was at the Braehead Arena, some atmosphere that night...

:sherlock:

I may actually watch a show properly now. That tournament has me intrigued.

Yeah, there's a culture where even if you get injured you still finish the match. Unless you're Sin Cara of course. For example, Stone Cold vs Owen Hart when he broke his neck. Sting's erm... stinger when he wrestled Rollins a couple months back. Taker breaking his foot at KOTR 98. Mick Foley during the same match being knocked senseless with a dislocated shoulder and teeth up his nose.

Rollins' injury may be a blessing in disguise because whenever I did give Raw a chance, he was just about unbearable. This will freshen him up and if they go about it the right way, he can waltz straight back into a Summerslam program with HHH.

Rollins, Owens, Cesaro and the New Day have been the only watchable things past few weeks.

Went to raw in Manchester on Monday. Really enjoyed it except Ric Flair ruining the end and Roman Reigns still being a thing. All the matches were really good bar both women's ones. Don't know how Becky Lynch isn't getting over she is gid as fuck.

Hopefully John Cena gets a serious injury on his time off. Cunt.