Keys And Gray

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, true... nonetheless 40% is pretty substantial and of course he's after the remainder. And he is personally very closely associated with Sky, so I think I can stand by my remarks and not look too ridiculous (for once).

Lol. I was just being a pedant. But I agree with you, any black eye for Murdoch no matter how small makes me smile. 10 million subscriptions now for Sky in the UK. :ThumbsDown:

Looks like Keys might be next!!

http://tinyurl.com/4qcrsxf

Wouldn't miss him tbh. I will miss 'take a bow son' though.

Any favourites to take over Gray's job?

Neither up nor down about Keys or Gray personally, smell a bit of double standards though when equivalent man hating (men are useless, Loose Women-esque bollocks) is supposedly fine.

Aye, and not just fine but trendy! Hence those abysmal 'Here come the Gurrrls' adverts for Boots in which men are generally crap and useless whilst women are just brill and perfect and dead efficient.

Every time one of those f**king adverts comes on I feel like turning into Iceberg Slim myself.

For the love of Christ!

Nothing more than lads banter, if I was in charge of Sky Sports I'd be far more inclined to be getting whichever snitch keeps clipeing out the door than Keys.

Would be inclined to agree with this. You have to wonder if the leaks are suiting someones own agenda at Sky Sports though.

Think that Alan Smith might get the gig full-time replacing Gray.

my mrs has seen both and her reply was just its what lads say. do you all take offence when someone says "suck my balls"? its not double standards, its just the way guys talk about girls...and to other guys. nothing in it. you can either be offended and have a miserable life, or give them some banter back.

cant really argue wi that kind of logic

Charlotte Jackson, who ignored the remark by Gray, is now having her "pin-up past" dragged up in the papers.

She hasn't complained about it so why is she getting less than positive attention? Who's sexist now? The media are selectively targeting an innocent woman.

Gray was suing the NOTW. Murdoch sacks Gray but not Keys. This whole thing stinks. Gray will get a settlement out of court, I reckon.

I also wondered if this was the real crux of the matter or if they had been given long contracts and Sky had decided time for a change with these two balloons.

I think in the first instance though that they were wrong. I don't think that what they said was "banter" due to the seriousness of the tone I think that they did mean what they said. The will you fix this for me charlotte was banter IMO.

The person I feel really sorry for in this tawdry mess is Sian Massey. This ha turned her into something she never wished to be. A celebrity.

I despise Sky Television and the News of the World, the staple organs of modern, classless Britain.

Sky TV operate the world's biggest cartel, but where are the monopolies commission?

Nowhere to be seen, because Murdoch is pulling the strings in this country and he's untouchable.

And Sky TV has ruined football, so dinna expect my heart to bleed for Gray either, he's a mouthpiece who eulogises absolute bollocks and total hyperbole about the supposed standard of the game down there.

It's nothing but a tawdry circus of a league supported by armchair subscription.

I also wondered if this was the real crux of the matter or if they had been given long contracts and Sky had decided time for a change with these two balloons.

I think in the first instance though that they were wrong. I don't think that what they said was "banter" due to the seriousness of the tone I think that they did mean what they said. The will you fix this for me charlotte was banter IMO.

The person I feel really sorry for in this tawdry mess is Sian Massey. This ha turned her into something she never wished to be. A celebrity.

Would have maybe been seen as banter if he hadn't publicly slated her and her colleagues previously. He knows herself and her co workers hated him so it shows the complete ignorance of the man. Apparently well known around the offices as being a sleazy c**t so it probably isn't an isolated incident.

Himself and Keys were also scampering about the offices hassling staff to try and get them revealing pictures of Charlotte Jackson. He deserved to go in my opinion. If a colleague of your partner was doing the same towards her I presume you'd want him to get his jotters and give him a smack as well. Shouldn't be any different for Gray.

Agree with all of your post bar the banter comment Coopy.

Would have maybe been seen as banter if he hadn't publicly slated her and her colleagues previously. He knows herself and her co workers hated him so it shows the complete ignorance of the man. Apparently well known around the offices as being a sleazy c**t so it probably isn't an isolated incident.

Himself and Keys were also scampering about the offices hassling staff to try and get them revealing pictures of Charlotte Jackson. He deserved to go in my opinion. If a colleague of your partner was doing the same towards her I presume you'd want him to get his jotters and give him a smack as well. Shouldn't be any different for Gray.

I had no knowledge of the rest of it and was basing it purely on the way it was said with a jokey tone and a chuckle at the end of it.

Where has that come from? Sleazy as fk but also not required, that's what Google was invented for!

On the face of it, this seems to be some ridiculous PC inspired drama (which is bad enough), but then:

None of these incidents (AFAIK) occured live on air. Therefore, SKY could have dealt with them internally, had they chosen to do so.

But, to air the dirty laundry in public - as they have chosen to do - smacks of a desire to embarrass gray, as well as to demonstrate the justification for his demise.

Especially when you consider he was given a warning about future behaviour, but then they seem to have gone trawling back in time for evidence against him.

Definitely more than meets the eye to this, although I dunno if the NOTW speculation has any credibility.

I dont condone sexism, but there seems a very blurry line between joking around and sexism.

That Kaye Adams - a horrible individual - was taken to task on the radio this morning, called a hypocrite for criticising Gray when she was part of the infamously sexist Loose Women program. She blurted a whole load of pish in her defence, which essentially came down to "its ok for women to be sexist, but not for men". Caah.