The Abmad Refugees

amancalledbuck

The more the merrier.

Aberdeen Mad is finished.

I'm now banned, without warning or explanation. I never broke any rules as far as I can see. And I contributed a fair amount to the website so to be banned for nowt and not to be told why is galling. But not entirely unexpected.

What goes around, comes around in my view, you canna treat folk like that and expect it not to come back and bite you on the arse.

I'd encourage a total boycott of that site by any reasonable thinking person. I'd also be happy if some of the more reasonable posters fae there came here and left the administrators of the site to rot in a stew of their own making.

Either that or whoever the card happy megalomaniac in the background is should pack it in and let Aberdeen fans get on with the business of speaking to each other on the forum.

Without feeling like they're walking on eggshells and heaven forbid shattering someone's fragile ego by saying anything considered anti-agenda.

You only have to read the messageboard philosophy to see that the whole shebang is dripping in pretence.

Whoever gave me the invisible card :swear:

Nae luck min. Canna say I saw that coming to be honest. I thought you might have been kept on just to keep the post count up a touch.

It's a bit of a crazy site there these days with all the cloak and dagger of invisible bannings and so on.

This place will take off once word gets round that it's back up and running.

I believe to be banned here you have to get all the mods to agree to ban you and it's not just up to one man.

Seems a much nicer place so far. A few weirdos but that's to be expected.

Long live The Hat.

The more the merrier.

Aberdeen Mad is finished.

I'm now banned, without warning or explanation. I never broke any rules as far as I can see. And I contributed a fair amount to the website so to be banned for nowt and not to be told why is galling. But not entirely unexpected.

What goes around, comes around in my view, you canna treat folk like that and expect it not to come back and bite you on the arse.

I'd encourage a total boycott of that site by any reasonable thinking person. I'd also be happy if some of the more reasonable posters fae there came here and left the administrators of the site to rot in a stew of their own making.

Either that or whoever the card happy megalomaniac in the background is should pack it in and let Aberdeen fans get on with the business of speaking to each other on the forum.

Without feeling like they're walking on eggshells and heaven forbid shattering someone's fragile ego by saying anything considered anti-agenda.

You only have to read the messageboard philosophy to see that the whole shebang is dripping in pretence.

Whoever gave me the invisible card :swear:

Hiya tup,

Didn't realise you were banned too!

I think the banning is more down to overt dislike of individuals, than breach of the rules. Different opinions or personalities are not especially welcome. There is a very narrow view indeed of what an Aberdeen fan is.

For example, before I was banned there was a sustained and petty campaign to make me feel unwelcome. (I remember posting for advice on iPods, and then ginger started a thread saying he was getting rid of his iPod, as I was now getting one - pretty childish eh?).

I always thought he had a good policy based on ensuring anything posted did not besmirch the reputation of the club (in the eyes of visitors reading the board). However, it soon became clear that this policy was only enforced in the case of some people, and not others.

For example, there is a current thread on that site where an individual is advocating that dons fans give UVF "red hand salutes" to "annoy" septic on saturday. You know, the straight arm salutes which boche fans have disgraced themselves, their club and their country with on many occasions, including in europe. If anything would damage AFCs reputation, behaviour of that sort would, and yet apparently this is considered an appropriate topic for discussion there - and is being considered as possible behaviour for the semi-final.

Go figure, eh?

I am sure AbMad will survive, and grow, as there are still a good few decent posters there, but I do dislike the way the board is run - based on personal prejudice, rather than universal rules.

Nice to 'see' you anyway.

Nae luck min. Canna say I saw that coming to be honest. I thought you might have been kept on just to keep the post count up a touch.

It's a bit of a crazy site there these days with all the cloak and dagger of invisible bannings and so on.

This place will take off once word gets round that it's back up and running.

I believe to be banned here you have to get all the mods to agree to ban you and it's not just up to one man.

Seems a much nicer place so far. A few weirdos but that's to be expected.

Long live The Hat.

I've no issue with being banned, but nobody has had the basic human courtesy of sending an email to tell me why.

Being banned without explanation is morally wrong, and smacks of some serious childishness on the part of the perpetrator. If you don't have the maturity to explain the decision it basically all but confirms it's unjustifiable.

I ken exactly the rules in place and was careful not to break them. Despite that, I still got banned.

I'll let people make up their own minds as to why that might be, but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Hi boofon

Why is this place called "The Hat"?

Surely not an abbreviation of Chat? lol

Apparently the logo looked like AFC CHAT a while ago and it sort of merged together with the club babge to look like AFC HAT.

More experienced posters will be able to tell the full story.

I loved your ways of posting in the old days. I'd no idea what the hell you were on about most of the time as I don't have any sort of political education or interest but you fairly believed in your points.

I'm sure this place will be to your taste.

The political leaning one is the long one, I sent that.

The other one only concerns the 3 amigos and tup would agree with the contents anyway.

I'll forward the one he sent me and you can forward it to Tup and cc me if you want.

Canna find it. You have it though. The one where the went berzerk and told me f**k you" after he was joking about rape.

The political leaning one is the long one, I sent that.

The other one only concerns the 3 amigos and tup would agree with the contents anyway.

Genius, maybe I'll apply to run the messageboard, a bloodless coup.

It would be open season as far as abuse goes, and survival of the fittest 24/7.

Those of a touchy disposition need not apply :gay:

Genius, maybe I'll apply to run the messageboard, a bloodless coup.

It would be open season as far as abuse goes, and survival of the fittest 24/7.

Those of a touchy disposition need not apply :gay:

Did you realise that after I got banned they banned the word inselpix as that was the host I used to post pictures of a yellow submarine.

Laughable.

Did you realise that after I got banned they banned the word inselpix as that was the host I used to post pictures of a yellow submarine.

Laughable.

Aye well in my book if you ban someone you should provide an explanation for it that fits in with the rules and regulations laid down in the first place.

In my case there's certainly no justification in that sense, so instead I get a wall of silence, despite a very polite request to be informed why I was banned, without me asking at all to be re-instated in any way.

People need to know these things so they can make their own minds up about the whole thing, rather than me being portrayed as the wrongdoer.

I notice a thread naming me as having come here was removed from the site today.

The policy and running of the site will come back and bite the faceless poltroons running it on the arse.

In the same way that a laughable boycott of Aberdeen Journals was openly encouraged on there, I propose a boycott of that site by all those of a fair and reasonable persuasion.

I'm a fan of Aberdeen and like to discuss the club with as many as possible, but have been denied that by a silent minority of power thirsty despots running the show there.

A drop in footfall will hit them where it hurts.

I've no issue with being banned, but nobody has had the basic human courtesy of sending an email to tell me why.

Being banned without explanation is morally wrong, and smacks of some serious childishness on the part of the perpetrator. If you don't have the maturity to explain the decision it basically all but confirms it's unjustifiable.

I ken exactly the rules in place and was careful not to break them. Despite that, I still got banned.

I'll let people make up their own minds as to why that might be, but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

It was because you were hated on that site tup - hated I say! :P lol Probably down to the cardinal sin of your having different analysis of footballing matters from certain others, I saw a few threads where you were derided for having a different opinion.

I understand your disappointment - I was disappointed at first, after several years on the site - but, hey, don't let it get to you.

Take it easy fella!

CS

Apparently the logo looked like AFC CHAT a while ago and it sort of merged together with the club babge to look like AFC HAT.

More experienced posters will be able to tell the full story.

I loved your ways of posting in the old days. I'd no idea what the hell you were on about most of the time as I don't have any sort of political education or interest but you fairly believed in your points.

I'm sure this place will be to your taste.

Ah, cheers for the info mate.

I think my downfall on the old site was allowing myself to get drawn into various non-football related discussion - but I thought that was what the off topic board was for.

How wrong can you be eh?

Does anyone know what Kelt was banned for?

Shortly after I was banned, I saw him commit a similar "offence" as to what was given as the reason for my banning, yet there was no sanction in that case.

Anyway, I am glad the psycho-goth type is here anyway.

I have seen a few threads claiming he is not the genuine Kelt, but my theory is that one of his different personalities may have seized control for a while.

It was because you were hated on that site tup - hated I say! :P lol Probably down to the cardinal sin of your having different analysis of footballing matters from certain others, I saw a few threads where you were derided for having a different opinion.

I understand your disappointment - I was disappointed at first, after several years on the site - but, hey, don't let it get to you.

Take it easy fella!

CS

Ach it disna get to me at all, but I'm all for treating people fairly and squarely, in any arena of life.

I was more often than not right about footballing matters and there were a handful who couldna handle that at all. However, in the interests of balance, I have to say most of the posters were easy going and good to debate with and there were never any problems.

As with anything, it's the few who spoil things for the many.

In any case, the level of debate will drop now that a few old heads are over here, and this place can only go from strength to strength.

I suspect a Hearts Mad esque post count for Aberdeen Mad before too long should this pattern continue.

Does anyone know what Kelt was banned for?

Shortly after I was banned, I saw him commit a similar "offence" as to what was given as the reason for my banning, yet there was no sanction in that case.

Anyway, I am glad the psycho-goth type is here anyway.

I have seen a few threads claiming he is not the genuine Kelt, but my theory is that one of his different personalities may have seized control for a while.

I don't like the word 'Banned'... that's a little too downmarket for my liking ;) Let's call it what the message said, My account was 'disabled'

To explain my position, since no-one else can...

A poster on the AbMad Football board complained about an ambiguous picture showing a Celtic fan and boyfriend of Strachan's niece next to a seat at Parkhead, bearing the scrawled acronym, I.R.A. This was a picture he'd found whilst reading some typically hysterical article in The Sun :rolleyes:

The poster was complaining that this picture showed Strachan's niece's boyfriend supporting the I.R.A.

I responded by saying that in the first instance the picture could be interpreted one of two ways, one that yes he was supporting the I.R.A. or two, that he was actually showing distaste at the scrawled I.R.A. graffiti.

I then went on to say that Aberdeen fans certainly can't take any moral high ground over this kind of thing when on the Aberdeen Mad site itself there is at least one poster who shows his support for a terrorist organisation every single time he posts.

Now, I assume Admin, Ed, or whatever his name is, read this post and, rather than ask in a concerned manner who the terrorist-supporting poster is, simply disabled my account and allowed the terrorist-supporting poster to continue using Aberdeen Mad to support a terrorist organisation.

So that, in essence is the reason my account was disabled. I pointed out that there is a poster who repeatedly posts his support for a terrorist organisation and Ed, Admin, whatever his name is, blocked me from posting rather than addressing the issue. Unless he feels that raising legitimate concerns is the issue, rather than the cause of those concerns itself.

As Tup says there was no communication or request for clarification forthcoming. A simple case of "My ball and you can't play because I personally don't like you or something you said."

I'll be polite and says he's simply being overzealous.

At the end of the day the sum effect of his actions has been to reduce his own community to the (arguable) benefit of AFC Chat.

It does strike me as a little nose-to-spite-face in removing those posters with the greatest personality, however I won't speculate upon the reasoning behind that.

screw them guys, youre all welcome here. genuinely happy to welcome all newcomers here

it takes a LOT to get banned here, you may get sin binned for an hour or 2 to calm down if you get in a fight wi someone, but a suspension or ban must be agreed on by the majority of mods/admin. so if youre suspended, you really must deserve it.

far too many lurkers though, folk need to sign up and get involved!