Testimonial For Mackie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care who it is, won't b wasting more cash on this waste of a wage.

It's a joke he's managed to maintain a career here for long enough to get a testimonial.

Think club should save embarrassing the guy when hardly anyone turns up

Get a grip.

The guy is an Aberdeen player, he's played his heart out for 10+ years and he SHOULD be given a testimonial like anyone else. He might not be the greatest player we've had, but he's scored some vital goals for us, he was top scorer for a season or two and he's the one SINGLE player that i'd choose above any other to come into a game and give everything he has for the Dons. You can't blame him if managers keep playing him!

I will be there.

Get a grip.

The guy is an Aberdeen player, he's played his heart out for 10+ years and he SHOULD be given a testimonial like anyone else. He might not be the greatest player we've had, but he's scored some vital goals for us, he was top scorer for a season or two and he's the one SINGLE player that i'd choose above any other to come into a game and give everything he has for the Dons. You can't blame him if managers keep playing him!

I will be there.

It's because we have guys like Mackie still on the books that we'll never win f**k all.

Important or vital goals are the ones that win trophies.

Any body from this forum would give 110% for AFC don't make any of us near good enough.

If Mackie is the kind of player you admire, then yeah you go, and give the wage thieving useless b*stard, more of your hard earned.

It's because we have guys like Mackie still on the books that we'll never win f**k all.

Any body from this forum would give 110% for AFC don't make any of us near good enough.

If Mackie is the kind of player you admire, then yeah you go, and give the wage thieving useless b*stard, more of your hard earned.

It's not Mackies fault that he gets new contracts year in, year out! We've had too many players in the squad who don't give a f**k, thats why we haven't won anything for years, it's why we find ourselves seccond bottom of the SPL.

He deserves a testimonial, but not a new contract. Simple.

Wrong. Its because we have had players like Mark Kerr and Gary Mcdonald that we will never win anything. They are the so called thieving useless b*astards as you put it.

Would you class Mackie alongside these players?

il be there. Appreciate everything he has done for the club. He gets pelters week in week out (when fit), booed onto the park, but still loves the club. May not be the most talented of football players, but as has been mentioned, he has scored some very important goals for us, and i think we have missed him a little bit this season. I always thought him and Vernon could get a good partnership.

Atrocious player, but has been around so long that he IS now Aberdeen quality, given the monstrous dip in the standard of player we've seen under Stewart f**king Milne, hereafter referred to as SFM.

And given he has played to the best of his ability, such as that is, for a decade... he deserves his testimonial. Doesn't matter that he hasn't been any good in all that time, it was up to the club to replace him with a better player. The club decided not to d that, so testimonial year it is. I don't begrudge him his testimonial, and I hope it earns him a shitload of cash.

I don't dislike Mackie, I just recognise that he's nowhere near good enough for the standards I would set for Aberdeen. I also recognise that he's done all he's capable of doing and can never be accused of hiding or deliberately stealing a wage from the club.

Having said that, since players get a ten year testimonial, is there any word of that f**king coward, SFM, giving Simpson the testimonial that he thoroughly deserves?

213614-interim-team-take-charge-of-aberdeen-training-410x230.jpg

How about it, SFM, you grown any f**king nads yet?

Thought not.

f**k off.

Atrocious player, but has been around so long that he IS now Aberdeen quality, given the monstrous dip in the standard of player we've seen under Stewart f**king Milne, hereafter referred to as SFM.

And given he has played to the best of his ability, such as that is, for a decade... he deserves his testimonial. Doesn't matter that he hasn't been any good in all that time, it was up to the club to replace him with a better player. The club decided not to d that, so testimonial year it is. I don't begrudge him his testimonial, and I hope it earns him a shitload of cash.

I don't dislike Mackie, I just recognise that he's nowhere near good enough for the standards I would set for Aberdeen. I also recognise that he's done all he's capable of doing and can never be accused of hiding or deliberately stealing a wage from the club.

Having said that, since players get a ten year testimonial, is there any word of that f**king coward, SFM, giving Simpson the testimonial that he thoroughly deserves?

Thought not.

f**k off.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Post of the century.

Yes he should have been let go years ago, but he's an Aberdeen loon, always works his socks off and has scored some important goals for us so i do think he deserves a wee send off. Lets hope AFC can line up some decent opposition so theres a good crowd? Shame if under 10k turn up so hope that doesnt happen?

I struggle to be charitable about Mackie and then I remember I'm not supposed to be charitable about a long-serving player because they're supposed to have earned my praise. And then I remember that Mackie's only ever earned my scorn, and then (after successive managers kept offering him contracts) my sympathy for being too poor to be a Don. He's scored the odd good goal but, frankly, if I was paying him his money, I would've paid him off somewhere around 2002.

He's a Don so I'll cheer him, but in truth he's an example of the hard times we've fallen on.

NO modern player is deserving of a testimonial, unless every single penny gained from it is ploughed back in to youth development. "He deserves it, it's a short career", some may say. Well go do something else when its over then, whats to stop you. I've slated roofs, hawked kitchens, pulled pints, whatever it's took, in order to provide for my family but rest assured there won't be a queue of of people lining up to form my "10 years in the gasket design and fabrication" committee. I have the utmost respect for Mackie because there is absolutely no doubt of his commitment, but he is very much a player of limited ability, and deserving of more of my hard earned, to supplement his pension? Not a f**king chance

Get a grip.

I will be there.

Testimonials are from a time that players were paid 100-200 quid a week and they stayed at clubs all their days. The point of a testimonial was so that player could get enough cash together to buy a pub or something similar to set him up for life after spending their lives serving a club and not being able to plan for retiring from the pitch. Mackie and other players in the SPL in the same boat have earned a good half a mill over their time at their club, enough to stash some away, do some NDT courses and bog off offshore (like Wilkie and co) when they are 35 and still have the potential to earn some good money. Not exactly the same boat as the likes of Joe Harper, Stewart McKimmie etc found themselves in. When guys of that era left their clubs they had 2 choices, stay in the game as coaches/managers of hawk themselves to the local papers as some sort of mouthpiece for the fans for a few quid a week.

Mackie has had a grand a week plus off AFC over a ten year period. Mackie has earned a good wage from the club. Mackie doesnt need or deserve a testimonial.

No player in the SPL or the top 2-3 leagues in England deserve testimonials unless its a celebration (Giggs or someone similar, won loads, massive club servant, done a lot for the game in both Manchester and Wales and Mackie doesnt come close in any of those points) and all the money is going to a charity.

So you get a grip my man, Mackie does not deserve a massive pay day from AFC and the fans, after 10 years we are all still waiting for him to give something back to us for supporting him, to the club for paying him handsomely for his average rate of 6 goals a season and the local community in general.

• Site Sponsor

Thought not.

f**k off.

That's an excellent post, sir.

Get a grip.

I will be there.

a testimonial is about a players commitment to a club for a ten year period not his ability during that time so the above post is spot on.

its not about admiring the players ability but its about his commitment to the club for ten years, we all know he's nowhere near the standard that we want or need at this club. He has been offered deal after deal at the club which is not his fault, ask yourself what you would do if you were in his position. He may be a waste of a wage but there are far more undeserving of their wage than Darren Mackie who have been lucky enough to wear our favourite red shirt. At least he puts in everything for the cause and that has to at get him some praise.

If anyone wants a scapegoat for his lack of ability then and the fact we have kept him then look no further than the twats that renewed his comtract

a testimonial is about a players commitment to a club for a ten year period not his ability during that time so the above post is spot on.

Nope, this is what a testimonial is for.

Testimonials are from a time that players were paid 100-200 quid a week and they stayed at clubs all their days. The point of a testimonial was so that player could get enough cash together to buy a pub or something similar to set him up for life after spending their lives serving a club and not being able to plan for retiring from the pitch.

There was nae need to give Russell a testimonial and there is certainly nae need to give Mackie one. I've been a servant to the club for 15 years! Far's my testimonial? They wouldn't even recognise the longest living supporter a few years back!

Nope, this is what a testimonial is for.

There was nae need to give Russell a testimonial and there is certainly nae need to give Mackie one. I've been a servant to the club for 15 years! Far's my testimonial? They wouldn't even recognise the longest living supporter a few years back!

obviously thats not what testimonials are for or they would not be giving them to players like Giggs, Neville and other at Man Utd. its to recognise their commitment of course in previous decades there was the bonus of a huge pay off. most players give the cash to charity or club youth since they are already set for life.

obviously thats not what testimonials are for or they would not be giving them to players like Giggs, Neville and other at Man Utd. its to recognise their commitment of course in previous decades there was the bonus of a huge pay off. most players give the cash to charity or club youth since they are already set for life.

But the likes of Giggs and Scholes will fill Old Trafford. There will be a set amount going to charity and other causes. Mackie will bring in maybe 8 thousand dependent on opponent. Who will cover the cost of security and all the other costs of a game? If it's taken off the cash made and the club don't lose anything then fair doos but nae if the club's covering the cost for him. We've already spent enough on him in my opinion.

If they get Spurs or something he'll get a good crowd, if he gets a Championship side the crowd will be pish.

Don't rate him as a player but he's been offered a contract over the past 10 years for fitever reason, what was he meant to say, no thanks I am not good enough?

I can't really stick the idea of a testimonial for any footballer. In the past when they didn't earn as much money it was a way of some players getting a pay off to help them after their career was over. In this day and age it is not needed. Mackie has made a hell of a good living from being a mediocre football player at best. I'll certainly not be there, I've spent enough hard earned money watching him and his colleagues trying unsuccessfully to play football for the last ten years.