Testimonial For Mackie

i certainly won't be there as mackie is the worst excuse for a footballer i've ever seen at pittodrie. all credit to him for trying harder than most of his colleagues and staying loyal to the club he supports. however i think that is because no-one else would have him. i hope he enjoys his big day, although i'll bet, when villareal let him score as is customary in these type of games, he'll no doubt miss from 4 yards as he has done consistantly throughout his aberdeen career. i think he should just count himself lucky he's had 11 years at the club, and wasn't released after 1 day for being an athlete as aposed to a footballer. he would not stand out in the highland league and that is no exageration.

ebbe, sitting on the fence as usual.

say what you mean. :hysterical:

For the record, I agree, he's poor. Hopefully he wont be a first pick, maybe CB is waiting to see how this guy Uchechi looks when he joins up for pre-season training

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the shop yesterday and message from behind the counter the tickets are going much slower than they would have hoped. Bit of a shame as even though it's Dazza's testimonial it should be a good chance for folk to see a Spanish side in action and see a number of the new recruits in the flesh.

Me Im taking the mini me to his first Pittodrie game so hoping for a fair turnout/

• Site Sponsor

Scuse my ignorance, but when is it?

(I guess this also shows how much I care)

Ignore this post - didn't read the heading properly....Duh!

(Winna be there anyway - doon in Englandshire that day)

I too am in Englandshire that day, but I'm nae going anyway.

I hate friendlies and I ain't going to be a hypocrite re Barren. How he lasted 10 years here is completely beyond me.

I am in no way saying he is set up. He's been exceptionally privelaged to be doing what he has been doing for so long given his lack of real footballing ability. You also seem to miss my point. Point being that just because he is a footballer he has no divine right to be set for life when retiring from the game at 35ish. My point being, go get a f**king job, like the rest of us have to do to contribute to our pension fund. Anyways, where are you plucking the 4k a month from?

Nothing against Darren though. He's a good lad and I hope he enjoys his night. I won't be there to see it though

Nowhere have I said he deserves to be set up for life. My point is that some people on here seem to think being a professional footballer will set you up for life. Being an Aberdeen player certainly won't set you up for life. I'm sure he enjoys being a professional footballer and I\m sure its a decent lifestyle. Also, has Mackie ever said that he won't work after being a professional footballer or he expects not to work after football....?

I picked the

Nowhere have I said he deserves to be set up for life. My point is that some people on here seem to think being a professional footballer will set you up for life. Being an Aberdeen player certainly won't set you up for life. I'm sure he enjoys being a professional footballer and I\m sure its a decent lifestyle. Also, has Mackie ever said that he won't work after being a professional footballer or he expects not to work after football....?

I picked the

It isn't really you i disagree with. I just hit reply and it quotes you. What I disagree with is people on here saying he is set up for life when he isn't. I'm being pedantic but people on here speak a lot of sh*te.

i agree with you that testimonials are a little odd given the money in football but it is a well established principle that after 10 years you get one. Whether Mackie deserves one isn't a debate i'm getting into....

I picked the

It isn't really you i disagree with. I just hit reply and it quotes you. What I disagree with is people on here saying he is set up for life when he isn't. I'm being pedantic but people on here speak a lot of sh*te.

i agree with you that testimonials are a little odd given the money in football but it is a well established principle that after 10 years you get one. Whether Mackie deserves one isn't a debate i'm getting into....

Testimonials are for loyalty and for players who stuck at one club when they could have went elsewhere during career pocketing nice signing on fees. I say well done to Mackie and good luck to him. If folk want to go then go and if folk don't want to go then don't. Simples!!

Testimonials are for loyalty and for players who stuck at one club when they could have went elsewhere during career pocketing nice signing on fees. I say well done to Mackie and good luck to him. If folk want to go then go and if folk don't want to go then don't. Simples!!

But he'd receive a nice signing on fee for every new contract he signs here also

The Darren Mackie Testimonial Committee have this morning announced the forthcoming match against Villarreal CF on Tuesday 19th July 2011 will now kick off at 7pm as opposed to the previously advertised time of 7.45pm.

The committee apologise for the late notice and any inconvenience it may cause supporters however this change was due to unforeseen issues with the travel schedule of Villarreal CF.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110711/darren-mackie-testimonial-match_2212158_2378135