Testimonial For Mackie

Wow! What a huge draw they are. I wouldn't be going to watch them even if it was Simmie's testimonial.

Thats probably who it will be though. I can see Miller approaching Eck about a possible game.

People should give Mackie a break, he's the one who is being offered new contracts and being given games...blame the management and the board for allowing this to happen NOT Mackie! Any one of us would jump at the chance to sign a contract, let alone stay for 10 years, with the Dons. Even if we knew we weren't good enough!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young and Mackie being Aberdeen players for extended periods of time says a hoor of a lot about our willingness to settle for medicore pish over the years, which many would say sums up our club as a whole.

These players aren't the cancer, the attitude and aims of those who kept them here for so many years is (or was).

nail on the head

Wow! What a huge draw they are. I wouldn't be going to watch them even if it was Simmie's testimonial.

not the worst team to get although the reception for Barry Ferguson will be funny, I remember Wimbledon coming up for Brian Irvine's testimonial who weren't exactly world beaters but I still went.

best of luck Darren....I'll be there....

you'll be in good company.along with Billy stark..John Mcmaster..Joe Miller..Bobby Connor..etc..etc

folk who didna hide when the sh*t got sh*t

Agree with this. Dazza is living the dream 13 years with the club he supported and almost 300 appearances...I'll be there

• 1 month later...

Same bloody thing.

Eh? If we went on to win that Scottish Cup then his goal would have went down in history. As in it would have been on our "road to the cup". But it wasn't so not much folk will remember that goal in 10 years or so.

If it leads to f**k all, i.e. not winning a trophy then yes IMO it isn't an important goal. No I celebrate like everyone else but don't really consider it an important goal because at the end of the day it doesn't deliver anything. I will give him the goal against Dnipro though as it led to the group stages of Europe, a good bit of money and a lot of fun for the fans.

At the end of the day Mackie is pish and I won't be going.

By this logic, Alan Shearer never scored an important goal in his career?

Or was every goal he scored in Blackburn's title winning season important, where none of the rest were?

On Mackie, at some point in the past, he must have scored some goals that got us points that come the end of the season, either got us into Europe or the top 6 or saved us from relegation. Would those be important goals?

As far the testimonial is concerned, he's done his ten years (some of which must have seemed like a punishment to him as well btw) and has been offered one - he is entitled.

If you don't want to go, fine - what is the need to come on here pontificating about it? It's similar to HH's "Ah'll nae be back" pish. Attention-seeking saddoes every one.

I don't know if I'll bother, but that has nothing to do with Darren Mackie - more that they are dull as f**k matches and a waste of an afternoon.

So it's Aberdeen v's Villarreal for Mackie's testimonial.

I honestly despair; how far we've fallen that this wage stealer is getting a big pay out. He's utter crap as a footballer and a good loyal attitude ain't gonna change that. The cash should be at least split between the player and youth development. He's not even a club legend deserving of such a big game.

A run out against Brechin would have been more appropriate given his playing level and what little few goals he scored over the years and all the sitters he's missed.

Sooner this club get's rid of the rubbish like Mackie the sooner we can bring in decent youth or a better scorer, someone that deserves the title - STRIKER.

good on him... a nice little earner.

I've no hate for Mackie... he's absolute gash, but it was up to successive managers to address his employ. They didn't do that, he played to the best of his extremely limited ability, he's due a testimonial year.

Now, much more importantly, about Simpson's testimonial?

I honestly despair; how far we've fallen that this wage stealer is getting a big pay out. He's utter crap as a footballer and a good loyal attitude ain't gonna change that. The cash should be at least split between the player and youth development. He's not even a club legend deserving of such a big game.

A run out against Brechin would have been more appropriate given his playing level and what little few goals he scored over the years and all the sitters he's missed.

Sooner this club get's rid of the rubbish like Mackie the sooner we can bring in decent youth or a better scorer, someone that deserves the title - STRIKER.

He is anything but that, he actually tries when on the pitch unlike c**ts such as Diamond, Kerr, Aluko, mcdonald and many more.

How is he a "wage stealer" when he has been included in the thoughts of every manager who's been here since he broke into the team?

A wage stealer would be somebody like Gary McDonald or Charlie Mulgrew - players who couldn't give a flying f**k about AFC but still picked up a wage at the end of the week.

Mackie tries, unlike those players. Fair enough, he isn't that good and I myself would have him as a squad player at best, but to speak about him in the manner you are suggests he hates AFC, doesn't try and likes to take the p*ss out of the fans. He doesn't. He has AFC in his blood, he can't help it if he's picked by the manager.

Jesus wept.

I will be there this is a game for a lad who has given everything for Aberdeen, poor foootballer ? yes, 100% everytime he pulls the shirt on ? without a doubt. Aberdeen fan who has been offered contracts over ten years to play for team he loves, would any of us have turned it down ?

In a day and age where all we hear is no loyalty in football this lad turned down 500 quid a week extra from Utd because he wants to play for Aberdeen. Is he good enough to play for Aberdeen ? make your own mind up but he WANTS TO PLAY FOR ABERDEEN. Players like that are very few now and the he couldnt get better money argument doesnt add up on his wages 2000 a month extra would make a difference.

To me Darren you will always be a frustrating wee sh*te and if only your ability matched your effort, never gonna be a favourite of mine, never gonna be a hero of mine but everytime you put on the red you give in your all so many dont, Dnipro and Celtic Park two great nights, two great goals for the team you love.

I will be there this is a game for a lad who has given everything for Aberdeen, poor foootballer ? yes, 100% everytime he pulls the shirt on ? without a doubt. Aberdeen fan who has been offered contracts over ten years to play for team he loves, would any of us have turned it down ?

In a day and age where all we hear is no loyalty in football this lad turned down 500 quid a week extra from Utd because he wants to play for Aberdeen. Is he good enough to play for Aberdeen ? make your own mind up but he WANTS TO PLAY FOR ABERDEEN. Players like that are very few now and the he couldnt get better money argument doesnt add up on his wages 2000 a month extra would make a difference.

To me Darren you will always be a frustrating wee sh*te and if only your ability matched your effort, never gonna be a favourite of mine, never gonna be a hero of mine but everytime you put on the red you give in your all so many dont, Dnipro and Celtic Park two great nights, two great goals for the team you love.

Exactly.

Some people, if they posted on here would tell you I moan about Mackie so much. But as you said. As a fan, as a supporter, who would turn down their boyhood heroes if they considered you good enough to offer you a contract?

If they told you they thought you were good enough and you truely supported your club. Why on earth would you turn the down? I'd feckin love to play for the Dons.

Fortunately for Mackie, he is being given the chance time and time again, and he is taking it with both hands! Ability wise he may not be the best, hell maybe not even mediocre. But his desire to play for Aberdeen is there and it is a desire we must all respect as fellow supporters of this wonderful football club we called Aberdeen FC.

Exactly.

Some people, if they posted on here would tell you I moan about Mackie so much. But as you said. As a fan, as a supporter, who would turn down their boyhood heroes if they considered you good enough to offer you a contract?

If they told you they thought you were good enough and you truely supported your club. Why on earth would you turn the down? I'd feckin love to play for the Dons.

Fortunately for Mackie, he is being given the chance time and time again, and he is taking it with both hands! Ability wise he may not be the best, hell maybe not even mediocre. But his desire to play for Aberdeen is there and it is a desire we must all respect as fellow supporters of this wonderful football club we called Aberdeen FC.

A point well made. I'll happily go to this match just for this one goal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLTUyoUi_8

I've no hate for Mackie... he's absolute gash, but it was up to successive managers to address his employ. They didn't do that, he played to the best of his extremely limited ability, he's due a testimonial year.

Now, much more importantly, about Simpson's testimonial?

well said :sheepdance:

Well I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm surprised some of you saddo's even bother getting out of bed in the morning.

I have come to the conclusion that if folk are not whinging then this site wouldn't exist. If we signed Messi, Xavi and Iniesta there would be a thread about how it's a disgrace as they used to wear a top that had blue on it.

He is anything but that, he actually tries when on the pitch unlike c**ts such as Diamond, Kerr, Aluko, mcdonald and many more.

Agreed.

Not the greatest player but always gives 100%. If the players you mentioned had the work ethic of Mackie then they may have played at a higher level.

I have come to the conclusion that if folk are not whinging then this site wouldn't exist. If we signed Messi, Xavi and Iniesta there would be a thread about how it's a disgrace as they used to wear a top that had blue on it.

Agreed.

Not the greatest player but always gives 100%. If the players you mentioned had the work ethic of Mackie then they may have played at a higher level.

That's a bit harsh on Diamond.

Like Mackie he's pish

But like Mackie, he does try.

We'd be well rid of both.

Then again if we dont get the finger out and get 5 in, I'd have them back!

The two biggest points for me. The minimum I expect from any Aberdeen player is 100% effort and that is what you get from Mackie. You take issue with him not being up to the standard required at Aberdeen, then you surely take issue with the managers who have offered him the new deals that have kept him here. I still can't believe he got that last deal for as long as he did, but he did, and I understand fully why he would accept it, I'd have done it to, to continue playing for my boyhood heroes.

f**k me, I am sure we must have a whole heap of people on here that would think that they'd just reject that contract, they don't want to hinder their club. Ridiculous...