Testimonial For Mackie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one player for Villareal I would have really liked to see play in the flesh is Marcus Senna who unfortunately won't be playing. f**king Swansea.

For those of you who don't want to go out of respect for Darren Mackie, why not go see how the team is shaping up just before the start of the season against quality opposition?

The one player for Villareal I would have really liked to see play in the flesh is Marcus Senna who unfortunately won't be playing. f**king Swansea.

For those of you who don't want to go out of respect for Darren Mackie, why not go see how the team is shaping up just before the start of the season against quality opposition?

Every dons fans should feckin go. It's a disgrace the grief a local lad gets from some dons fans. Everyone knows he isn't the greatest but he certainly has played his part in some fantastic memories we all have.

well, it certainly isnt my problem that we have fans on here who, for example

look at mcfaddens goal against france as nothing but "a fluke and something anyone could do every so often", or who think a game against Villareal, who finished in what, the top 4/5 of la liga last season, isnt glamorous

Not glamorous at all though is it? It's a friendly, they're sh*te.

If we drew them in Europe, then yes, that'd be a "glamour tie".

well, it certainly isnt my problem that we have fans on here who, for example

look at mcfaddens goal against france as nothing but "a fluke and something anyone could do every so often", or who think a game against Villareal, who finished in what, the top 4/5 of la liga last season, isnt glamorous

mcfadden is an over rated 1 trick pony, who will be in the spl next season as hes not good enough for the epl.

I know zippo about Villareal, Id prefer to see Villa, Everton, Newcastle than the spanish leagues 5th best team

glamour to me would be real madrid, barca, bayern, inter, ac,man u, liverpool.....

Not glamorous at all though is it? It's a friendly, they're sh*te.

If we drew them in Europe, then yes, that'd be a "glamour tie".

Must be used to seeing better things obviously, as playing a spanish side that finished fourth in the league with world cup winners and european championship winners in their side is like watching a game at Aultons on a saturday morning, and were used to watching world class players week in week out at the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton.

Must be used to seeing better things obviously, as playing a spanish side that finished fourth in the league with world cup winners and european championship winners in their side is like watching a game at Aultons on a saturday morning, and were used to watching world class players week in week out at the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton.

When in recent years I've been to competitive matches against Loko Moscow, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Copenhagen, Dnipro, Rangers....then yes, it's hard to get worked up over a friendly against a team that finished 4th in Spain. fair enough to anyone actually excited about this, just not for me.

Anyone at the Aberdeen Man United friendly (at the time English and Europan champs) will testify at just how broing friendlies are. They serve one purpose only and that is to prepare the team for games against the likes of St mirren etc.

testimonials are a dying game

It would be a dying shame

If we didna turn oot in numbers for darren

he has always given his best, he's never been cocky or deluded about his own ability..

He's taken DOG'S abuse from the militant angry mannies (who seem to congregate in the sooth stand)..he's absorbed that and continues to do his best for his beloved AFC...

Darren is defo a "marmite" employee...

I like marmite (spread it thinly over hot toast with decent butter)

I'll be there...

testimonials are a dying game

It would be a dying shame

If we didna turn oot in numbers for darren

he has always given his best, he's never been cocky or deluded about his own ability..

He's taken DOG'S abuse from the militant angry mannies (who seem to congregate in the sooth stand)..he's absorbed that and continues to do his best for his beloved AFC...

Darren is defo a "marmite" employee...

I like marmite (spread it thinly over hot toast with decent butter)

I'll be there...

Did you post that like a poem or something? Cause that's what it looked like :dontknow:

Get a job, like the rest of us mere mortals. He's been paid handsomely, some of which I have contributed, for the last dozen years. Why should I supplement his pension? Would he supplement my one? A testimonial because he has played, and worked hard for the club over a period of time. He should feel privelaged to do it and we should not have to honor someone for doing something all of us would give our right arm for the privelage.

That wasn't my point. My point was that if he is on

But it's his job, like any other job and If it didn't pay enough to put a little away each month in preperation he should have chosen another vocation. I admire Mackies commitment to Aberdeen but he is fortunate to be in the position he is in due to his chronic lack of footballing ability and he has absolutely no divine right to be set up for life for for the sole reason that he has gave his all for over 10 years. That should be a basic requirement. Just because he is not of Rangers/Celtic/Premiership standard is not my fault and It's completely his responsibility to sort out his own future.

Again, not my point. My point is people on here seem to think

Again, not my point. My point is people on here seem to think £50k a year will set you up for life. It would if he was working until he was 60...but he wont be a professional footballer when he is 60!

I'm making no comment about whether he deserves it.

Technically he does of course deserve it.

I have no ills against Mackie, other than I think he is a shocking excuse for a professional footballer. To play for Aberdeen, the ability to consistently trap a football and play a simple, straight 10 yard pass, should be a minimum requirement. In his 10 years at the club, Mackie has consistently failed to show an ability to grasp the fundamental skills required to compete as a professional association footballer.

Ultimately, if I were in Scotland I wouldn't be attending, as for me this match represents a celebration of 10 years of gross mismanagement, incompetence and slipping standards at a once proud football club. As I say, nothing against Mackie and I hope he enjoys his big day, as by all accounts he seems like a cracking lad and is a big Aberdeen fan! However, he's never a professional footballer.... not in a million years!

glad to see they're not pushing it with the prices, be interesting to see what size of crowd it draws, just hoping villareal hold on to the likes of rossi, senna, etc

I personaly don't agree with testimonials. But Makie gives his all for Aberdeen including the none stop abuse he gets. Why does he get the abuse? Because he is a local and Aberdeen through and through. If i am in the UK i will make sure i make it to this game. Just to see him bag the winner against Villareal.

I personaly don't agree with testimonials. But Makie gives his all for Aberdeen including the none stop abuse he gets. Why does he get the abuse? Because he is a local and Aberdeen through and through. If i am in the UK i will make sure i make it to this game. Just to see him bag the winner against Villareal.

Why do you think being local is the reason Mackie gets abuse, rather than, say, because he's a terrible footballer?

Why do you think being local is the reason Mackie gets abuse, rather than, say, because he's a terrible footballer?

The reason I usually give him abuse is cos of his tendency to regularly take fresh air shots & sometimes (when he connects) even volley the ball off his own face.

Shame for the lad :laughing:

But he is a trier :thumbs:

i certainly won't be there as mackie is the worst excuse for a footballer i've ever seen at pittodrie. all credit to him for trying harder than most of his colleagues and staying loyal to the club he supports. however i think that is because no-one else would have him. i hope he enjoys his big day, although i'll bet, when villareal let him score as is customary in these type of games, he'll no doubt miss from 4 yards as he has done consistantly throughout his aberdeen career. i think he should just count himself lucky he's had 11 years at the club, and wasn't released after 1 day for being an athlete as aposed to a footballer. he would not stand out in the highland league and that is no exageration.