Diamond

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackie and Zander are part of the problem at this club. Get them to f**k! Here for faaaar too long! Why do we make sure the dross are at the club for an extensive length of time yet the promising youth are pushed shoved to the back! Gi'wa te f**k Zander.

We do not have a settled defence and we have no good players in CB. McArdles distribution is awful (Ifil like), Considine is sometimes okay, sometimes not, Diamond a liability and Vuja after a reasonable beginning shows why he has been released 2000 miles away from his home club.

Our problem is not just this - it is the replacement of this - we should be looking for a solid CB with a year or two left in the tank to lead the back line and maybe one or two of the dross can come on a bit.

That will require money - do we have any?

PS Getting a solid GK would have a huge positive effect

We've settled for mediocre for years now. I'm hoping that Brown sees through the pish where previous managers have failed. The likes of Young, Mackie, Diamond, Foster, Langfield (usually), Kerr, McDonald, Duff, Ifil etc etc have plagued this club for the last 5 years, it's about time we got shot of the remaining wage stealers and start taking in a bit of talent. Other clubs with less of a budget have managed, so why can't we?

haha, alliteration on your mind there at all RS?

i understand folk ripping Zander and also Considine

i just really, really like Langfield and a lot of it is down to the fact he comes across as having a genuine affinity for the club - for that reason, keep him on and by all means bring in another keeper

let them fight for the jersey then

after all, rightly or wrongly, is it not possible the guys not been kept on his toes due to lack of competition for his jersey?

Langfield, Considine and Diamond all seem to have the good attitude and want to suceed at AFC but unfortunately, simply, none of them are good enough and all 3 have had losers mentality bred into them over the years at our club who accept mediocrity.

Are you serious? The real reason is because he is sh*te, even when he showed a slight bit of talent he went away and f**ked it with his constant shitness, says it all when David Weir is still in the Scotland set up and Diamond isn't even close.

hasn't been for a fee games now

He is far from sh*te, put in a solid central defender next to him and you'll have a good pairing.

agreed

27, just moved into a traditional high ceilinged expensive Glasgow tenement flat when the mortgage interest rate was 15% but football is and was a passion for me.

It's all about priorities.

its very easy to feel passion and motivation for a side challenging for all 3 honours in the country

• Site Sponsor

haha, alliteration on your mind there at all RS?

i understand folk ripping Zander and also Considine

i just really, really like Langfield and a lot of it is down to the fact he comes across as having a genuine affinity for the club - for that reason, keep him on and by all means bring in another keeper

let them fight for the jersey then

after all, rightly or wrongly, is it not possible the guys not been kept on his toes due to lack of competition for his jersey?

I've got one of those so can I go in goal next season?

I promise I will be complete sh*te but I will banjo a Hun at every corner they get.

Ahh. I misinterpreted you AND you misinterpreted me. I didn't question his support. It was the logistics I found strange. I found it EASIER to see Aberdeen living down there and yet he's planning home games only next year (so he says). He admits to not seeing AFC yet spouts sh*te about Maguire, Langfield, Diamond et al. You don't think his support should be questioned? Is that what you're trying to achieve here, a f**king non-supporter spineless spastic spouting senseless sh*te about our team? Whatever.

I've learned that MT's opinions on the game of football are not worth looking at.

Every time a team is on the attack against us I think we could lose a goal, wheter it be Conso outpaced or his pathetic marking, Clangers...well just being Clangers letting one roll under him or missing a cross.......or that bute Diamond playing the ball to an opposition player, missing a tackle, getting outmuscled, getting outpaced, losing a header against a midget or trying to play offside when he quite clearly hasnt got the brains to do so.

So Yeah....I would say Diamond GTF...............

Every time a team is on the attack against us I think we could lose a foal, wheter it be Conso outpaced or his pathetic marking, Clangers...well just being Clangers letting one roll under him or missing a cross.......or that bute Diamond playing the ball to an opposition player, missing a tackle, getting outmuscled, getting outpaced, losing a header against a midget or trying to play offside when he quite clearly hasnt got the brains to do so.

Or braindead attempts to dive in to make a challenge and conceding pens or free kicks from dangerous areas.

Every time a team is on the attack against us I think we could lose a foal, wheter it be Conso outpaced or his pathetic marking, Clangers...well just being Clangers letting one roll under him or missing a cross.......or that bute Diamond playing the ball to an opposition player, missing a tackle, getting outmuscled, getting outpaced, losing a header against a midget or trying to play offside when he quite clearly hasnt got the brains to do so.

I quite agree - every time the ball is crossed into our box it's brown trousers time.

It comes as a pleasant surprise for us to clear it, doubly so if we actually manage to transfer it to one of our own players in midfield.

How to beat Aberdeen FC

1 Double mark Aluko (if playing and fit)

2 Mark Bebo

3 Cross ball into box

job done

I quite agree - every time the ball is crossed into our box it's brown trousers time.

It comes as a pleasant surprise for us to clear it, doubly so if we actually manage to transfer it to one of our own players in midfield.

How to beat Aberdeen FC

1 Double mark Aluko (if playing and fit)

2 Mark Bebo

3 Cross ball into box

job done

I think you might have just nailed it. :banghead:

How could Diamond take any blame for Clangers injury? Langfield was so stupid, he didn't anticipate a thing, despite seeing it happening. Nothing new there then.

Are you serious?? Zander had ample time to get out of the way of Langfield but chose instead to run straight through him kneeing him in the face. Langfield was on the ground so how on earth could it be his fault?

Diamond is a donkey, the goal was his screw up from start to finish. Just the latest in a long line of howlers from this waste of space. Can't wait to see the back of him and even better that he is going to another SPL club so we can start getting the benefits of his rank rotten defending.

Guest the shepherd

I almost feel sorry for Diamond seeing him play this badly. But it's not just a bad spell, he's been like this for the best part of a year. It's probably in the best interests of both parties for him to go at the end of the season, whatever is wrong with him isn't going to get fixed at Pittodrie and we can't afford another season like this from him.

Good constructive criticism (at last). I have been saying this also for a while now that it would be in the best interests concerned that Zander Diamond moves on, for himself (closer to his home turf of Dumbarton), Aberdeen and us supporters. Certainly nothing personal at all in my opinion but he needs a fresh start as his galling lack of ability, capability, vision and staleness are not going to be cured at Aberdeen I'm afraid. His performance yesterday just shows much he has fallen back the way.

Agree with your assessment of Diamond and his departure but on the incident, Langfield was indeed on the ground but looking at Zander the whole time. Anybody would have anticipated the possibility of a collision, especially a professional being paid for his anticipation. Langfield reacted too late and comically, put his left arm up and STILL didn't have the brains to move his head back a couple of inches.

I think we're splitting hairs. Lets just agree that they are both p!sh.