Amateur/junior Football

Locher and Stevie D. I've known Gary for 20 years. Other than Gap Forbes probably did more than most to drive (the original) Hilton FC forward, certainly on the park. A great guy, won't stand anybody not pulling their weight and should be a great manager for Echt.

If Gill let's him!!

Lochers a decent guy and a winner - type of guy i want to play for.

I think Gary and Stevie will do well for us if they can remain committed to it.

He works us hard like, but at the same time it is genuinely enjoyable and can get a laugh now and then too.

Aye. Our training was always tough, but repetitive and not very enjoyable. Locher was still playing in the HL when he made the switch back to Amateur football (old 4th division) and transformed everything instantly. Training became harder but much more enjoyable, fitness levels improved dramatically and we started to win a lot more games in the last half hour.

Also, hard as fuc#ing nails too, for a quiet man, which helped get us youngsters through some pretty tough scrapes when up against some old amateur cloggers!

Tell him Ollie and Andy C say fit like.

EDIT: Missed out, a brilliant, brilliant footballer too!

• Upvote 1

I only know 1 league...

Alford

Bon Accord City

Dee Amateurs

Dyce Amateurs

Glendale

Glendale X1

Great Northern Athletic

Halliburton

Johnshaven

Portlethen

Rothie Rovers

Stoneywood

Tarves

Turriff

Wow.

Really wish I was in that league compared to our own.

For the second year in a row we've had by far the hardest of the two.

Our first year in the first the leagues were quite even. Just the way it goes though.

Dee are a good team, well organised and are about to sign players from juniors and few boys from Highland League going to them so they will be well equipped by all accounts.

Plenty teams in the 1st division with ex Professional, Highland League and Junior players in their ranks. There's a reason they're ex players of those leagues.

Portlethen, Johnshaven, Tarves and Alford are no mugs.

From seeing a pic of them in the paper they had some ex Rattrays players there? Rattrays never set the heather alight in the first division.

They might surprise me and win it though. Portlethen went straight up from the Third to the Premier. We done well to win the league against them in that respect.

Plenty teams in the 1st division with ex Professional, Highland League and Junior players in their ranks. There's a reason they're ex players of those leagues.

Portlethen, Johnshaven, Tarves and Alford are no mugs.

From seeing a pic of them in the paper they had some ex Rattrays players there? Rattrays never set the heather alight in the first division.

They might surprise me and win it though. Portlethen went straight up from the Third to the Premier. We done well to win the league against them in that respect.

expecting a massive season for us this year ( Nicolls) unlike last year we have retained all our sqaud and made 5 new signings, so its make or break for this team and us as a management team, promotion a no1 priority as always and at least a cup final, our pre-season starts on Wednesday night, glad weve missed tarves, rothie, johnshaven and turriff in our league, very hard games to go to.....mon the new season

Tarves and Portlethen are both good footballing sides. Was surprised to see them both go down last season. Especially Portlethen. They beat Kincorth twice and Woodside last season and we beat them 2-1 and 1-0.

Tarves away is a nightmare fixture too.

Both teams need a little more experience.

expecting a massive season for us this year ( Nicolls) unlike last year we have retained all our sqaud and made 5 new signings, so its make or break for this team and us as a management team, promotion a no1 priority as always and at least a cup final, our pre-season starts on Wednesday night, glad weve missed tarves, rothie, johnshaven and turriff in our league, very hard games to go to.....mon the new season

If you were in the other league I'd have you down as favourites.

Hard to say in our league as it looks so strong. Will be interesting to see where everyone is after the first 10 games.

Tarves away is a nightmare fixture too.

Both teams need a little more experience.

If you were in the other league I'd have you down as favourites.

Hard to say in our league as it looks so strong. Will be interesting to see where everyone is after the first 10 games.

agree, we had a slow start last season and we hope/intend to get off to a flyer....thats the plan...as you know it could all be so so different! but I expect us to be there or there-abouts come May....whens your pre-season start?

agree, we had a slow start last season and we hope/intend to get off to a flyer....thats the plan...as you know it could all be so so different! but I expect us to be there or there-abouts come May....whens your pre-season start?

Well I'm hoping we don't start our season in April this year!

Hopefully we'll have a couple of cracking games with you as we did last season.

We start with a light session on Saturday and then boot camp starts next Wednesday. Far more organised than it's ever been to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ours starts on Wednesday, then train again on Saturday till start of season, Think we only have two friendles lined up. I am doing my own training so don't mind not having so much but doubt anyone else will be.

I expect a league golden boot from you this season pal.

are alford and dee in the same league? if so kw will get it, if not pash will romp it,

Yeah same leagues, Dee signing good experienced players, cheeso and his cousin, couple others to follow I believe, will be interesting like, my pal that played for them is going to Hillhead I think

I thought dee had a good keeper? his cousin jf?

was speaking to a few woodside boys on Saturday and they were saying they were toying with dee? they went 2-0 up and joe started making subs playing boys out of position. did you go up and watch?

I thought dee had a good keeper? his cousin jf?

was speaking to a few woodside boys on Saturday and they were saying they were toying with dee? they went 2-0 up and joe started making subs playing boys out of position. did you go up and watch?

Think cheeso is going outfield or the other boy will be, nae sure, aye it is JF, not seen him play for a while back was always a cracking player and he's playing with his pals and some younger lads that are really good footballers so it will be interesting.

Never went, seen something on facebook about how they were unlucky and that te managers were pleased with effort and that, to be fair to them, most have been burst since the last day of the season and not long back in to training.

Think cheeso is going outfield or the other boy will be, nae sure, aye it is JF, not seen him play for a while back was always a cracking player and he's playing with his pals and some younger lads that are really good footballers so it will be interesting.

Never went, seen something on facebook about how they were unlucky and that te managers were pleased with effort and that, to be fair to them, most have been burst since the last day of the season and not long back in to training.

be interesting to see how they get on this season. I think the 1st division will be a culture shock for many of them after they've been on a rapid rise since juveniles. I don't think it'll be the type of league where you are able to get away with playing your goalkeepers outfield.

be interesting to see how they get on this season. I think the 1st division will be a culture shock for many of them after they've been on a rapid rise since juveniles. I don't think it'll be the type of league where you are able to get away with playing your goalkeepers outfield.

Yeah i see, I'm not 100% certain that'll be the case like just one of the things I heard off one of the players when in town (both of us were boomed like) good bunch of lads with the right ideas when it comes to playing football so we'll see.

i do not know of this Dee team personally, never seen them play so cant judge however from the people I speak to they seem to be getting a lot of attention and praise before a ball has even been kicked, are some people forgetting this is amateur football? When I played you saw playing against upsatrts like this as a challenge to shut them up and put them back in their place, doesnt matter how good they are or who they have signed, they are going into a higher division against some well established clubs, as with any club who have had it their own way for 2-3 years we will see how good theya re when the luck starts elluding them and the margins become finer. Easy to keep a team motivated when you win every week but test of a true team is when you are in adversity and you need to battle back from it. Ambition is fine but people, perhaps just supporters and friends, not those connected saying they will win the league are just writing the team talks for the opposition.......

• Upvote 1