Amateur/junior Football

nothing worse than a shite keeper but even junior teams struggle to get and hold onto decent keepers....they're a dying breed!!

Fit like are the pitches in the amateur leagues, nae tattie parks I hope??!!

GK55 is their keeper. I've only heard glowing reports of him and was upset we never managed to sign him before our season started as we've sadly lacked a keeper for many games this season. I had to go in goals when a stand in keeper was sent off.

EDIT: Pitches are dependant on who you play really. Some teams have links to Juniors with good pitches. Some have links to Junior clubs with shit pitches and some play on tattie parks.

Cheers folks will have a look at them.

I played north east junior fitba up until moving, but i'm getting on a bit and due to work commitments would maybe be more suited to amateur fitba these days.

Are echt any good, i did see them on the internet when I has a search??

I play for Echt - we're not a bad team - had an up and down season so far....

League here...

http://www.aberdeenshireafa.com/leagues/premier/

Cracking pitch right enough - puts most Junior pitches to shame.

I play for Echt - we're not a bad team - had an up and down season so far....

League here...

http://www.aberdeenshireafa.com/leagues/premier/

Cracking pitch right enough - puts most Junior pitches to shame.

I'd sack the boy who runs your website, there's feck all on it!!

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/echt/124974/History

Where yous playing on sat 26th might watch the game see what standard is like

Northern United have One Good Player Roberto, a Tall Ginger Headed Fellow which if my memory serves me correctly everything gets punted to him he is strong and has a good touch and finish. They have a few guys with Pace too but I would suggest they would struggle in Division 1 if Promoted, where the difference in Standard cane be quite telling at times. They are a decent bunch of lads though and have a good attitude.

Said it before though, this is why I love Amateur Football as you can be rubbish one week, world beaters the next, just boils down to how things stack up on the day as well. There is often a team that comes out of nowhere who ends up sneaking Promotion or has a shock relegation after doing welll before Christmas, have often found personally that between November and March the interest drops with Players because of the stop start nature with the games ie play 1 week, games off for the next 6! I know most teams will train on a Saturday if the game is off but for me I think at times it is waste of Money, if you are a club with money fair enough but I have always felt that the levels of effort and attendance put in are terrible and you will often only end up with 5 people showing up because the rest of the squad suddenly have something important to do.....

Quick Question again, for those involved with teams, how is the "trial" of being allowed to use 5 Subs panning out? I am on a break this season so interested to hear how it is going.

What number were you?

You gave us a very good game in the first half - was unlucky not to go ahead with the header I saved at 0-0.

2nd half was a bit of a non event - needed the 2nd and 3rd goals to give us a comfort zone.

Number 6... wee guy in the centre of the park!

Aye i know.. we hit the bar at 2-1, luckily, aswell!

But by the end of the 2nd half we was all over the shop, just nae fit enough!

The boy phillip i think? up top was decent! And dougie at the back is a class player

Yous seem better than your league form suggests

Number 6... wee guy in the centre of the park!

Aye i know.. we hit the bar at 2-1, luckily, aswell!

But by the end of the 2nd half we was all over the shop, just nae fit enough!

The boy phillip i think? up top was decent! And dougie at the back is a class player

Yous seem better than your league form suggests

We havent played bad in the league, but don't score enough goals - or defensive record is not too bad.

Not sure if we have had the same team out 3 games in a row either.

Aye, Phil Craig up front - good wee player.

Alan Douglas still play for Echt?

I used to play alongside him at Mugiemoss many moons ago, some player like.

Yes he does - centre half. Just returned to us from BoD

Yeah, they beat us 2-1 (possibly in a cup - and they are in our league).

I cannot believe we lost that game nor can I believe Northern are second in our league, because they were truly awful when we played them.

That is how amateur football is though. Anyone can beat anyone, and the standard isn't exactly 'wow'.

We beat you missing 12 players. A thrown together team and a drunk keeper. Just shows how awful you boys are. Next time we'll give you a proper doing.

Also there is a match report on the AAFA website from that game that doesn't agree with what you just said at all... Maybe check that out

• Upvote 1

We beat you missing 12 players. A thrown together team and a drunk keeper. Just shows how awful you boys are. Next time we'll give you a proper doing.

Also there is a match report on the AAFA website from that game that doesn't agree with what you just said at all... Maybe check that out

What side of the bed did you get out of Punk, are people not entitled to opinions like??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What side of the bed did you get out of Punk, are people not entitled to opinions like??

Mine was an opinion as well. I have no problem if someone feels a team aren't great if they have seen that team a few times, but to judge a team based off of one game is ridiculous. You're right I maybe went slightly overboard but it's not the first time the esteemed Roberto has taken a pop at us. People in glass houses...

• Upvote 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Jack, if you have a NOS Cup Tie or Scottish Cup game then you will not be scheduled to play another league/Local Cup game till this game has been played. I know that will be annoying however those rules are set from SAFA as National Competitions will take Precedence every time, with so many ties there are only so many that can be moved to other pitches.....

The biggest issue for me is actually Sport Aberdeen, for anyone who plays out of Hazlehead, Inverdee, Sheds you are lucky if they are on 1 week in 4. Weather has been quite recently bad but in terms of questionable call offs this is as bad as I have seen it and that lays at the door of Sport Aberdeen who clearly have no idea what they are doing, there is no way Sheds and Hazlehead should have been off last weekend but yet at 7am they deem it unplayable, IMO that is a joke, the teams are not coming from other end of Scotland so I have no idea why on borderline days where forecast is good that they cant either leave it till 1030am or let the Clubs and Referee decide as it is getting out of hand now, the general feeling is that it is doubtful if the inspectors even look at every pitch every week. Another issue is last Summer the use of Aultons was taken away from Saturday Amateurs for exclusive use for Juvenile Matches, another huge mistake as Aultons was rarely ever off so that has had a major effect, also Hazlehead has not had a game played there since late November so I dont understand how that can continue to be unplayable when it is not getting used.

Either way, it is clear that Grass Roots Football in Aberdeen needs modernisation, alll very well building new changing rooms but it is time they invested in the pitches as well, I mean Sheds used to be a hive of activity, 15 pitches all being used om a good day, yet today there are only 3 in use because the other pitches are in poor condition. They moan about how Teams up here never compete Nationally yet most cannot even compete Locally when the facilities are so minimal and short in demand, with all the money up here it is am embarassment that it gets like this sometimes.