Amateur/junior Football

Wouldn't be the first time. Back in about 92/93 ish, the original Hilton FC were found guilty, and fined by the AAFA for shooting a referee up at Hatton.

It was appealed, and overturned for obvious reasons, by the SAFA.

Ha ha, shooting up aye, but nae shooting the ref.

Wouldn't be the first time. Back in about 92/93 ish, the original Hilton FC were found guilty, and fined by the AAFA for shooting a referee up at Hatton.

It was appealed, and overturned for obvious reasons, by the SAFA.

I remember GF telling me that story a while back. Unreal. That has to be up there with the all time classics

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on Summerhills facebook page and shared it myself:

Amateur football needs a shake up, now I can't get any more ridiculous fines here's what needs to happen:

1. Ian Napier needs to stand down, Raymond Morrison needs to step up and if he doesn't want to then he needs to go too, no point having a Vice President who doesn't want to take over at some point. Reason this needs to happen is the Jesus House fiasco, Mr Napier's team agreed at half time against Jesus house to let their sub who was kitted up but not on lines to come on and play and ref agreed as well. Then after losing the game an appeal was put in and won. Surely to fuck the President can't be appealing for rules his team has agreed to. Sportsmanship is meant to be the be all as end all, clearly nae.

2. Winter break for everyone and start league earlier. Nobody wants to play during the festive period and it'll get more games out the way when guaranteed good weather. Go even further and have summer football. Sorted.

3. Disciplinary committee needs changed. How a disciplinary committee can come up with a decision like they did for the Middlefield fiasco is beyond me. Fact is that man is lucky to be alive and it's the worst decision I've ever read about in my life. Add that decision to point 1. Should also be separate folk on disciplinary committee for each division, can't have someone handing out bans to a player of rival team in same division.

4. Scrap the shite T next to name rule for trialist. Loads of teams got caught out this year with that, us included and kills our season. Go same as juniors with this and team lines, it's a shambles you can't do it like them.

5. Instead of punishing teams for small errors on team lines give out a warning. Really quick to fine teams for nothing nowadays. All this guys run the teams for free, committee get paid so a warning would suffice to start with. Educate teams on errors, don't just punish them straight off especially new teams.

6. Clamp down on teams that pay players to play. Everyone knows who does it and nothing's done. You're nae a superstar for getting played to play amateurs, your just nae good enough for a higher level and ur teams desperate to win.

7. How about also not charging folk to watch amateur games ie semi finals and dipping into that massive pot of cash and subsidising it or helping teams out by reducing the fees? More than enough cash in the pot to do that.

Think that's all for now haha who's got the balls to actually say anything at the AGM tho. Happy with Blatter or do you go with Figo

All the best to all the amateur teams and especially the youngSheddocksley Fcc & Sportsmans Club

have you seen the weather in summer in Aberdeen harcus? it rains more in the summer than it does in winter, notwithstanding the fact that people all go on holiday or go away to things during this time, a lot of teams would fold as a result. people need to chill out, been a bad year weather wise but that is what comes with living in this part of world.

Saw this on Summerhills facebook page and shared it myself:

Amateur football needs a shake up, now I can't get any more ridiculous fines here's what needs to happen:

1. Ian Napier needs to stand down, Raymond Morrison needs to step up and if he doesn't want to then he needs to go too, no point having a Vice President who doesn't want to take over at some point. Reason this needs to happen is the Jesus House fiasco, Mr Napier's team agreed at half time against Jesus house to let their sub who was kitted up but not on lines to come on and play and ref agreed as well. Then after losing the game an appeal was put in and won. Surely to fuck the President can't be appealing for rules his team has agreed to. Sportsmanship is meant to be the be all as end all, clearly nae.

He can't even get the name of the person he is having a rant about correct.

have you seen the weather in summer in Aberdeen harcus? it rains more in the summer than it does in winter, notwithstanding the fact that people all go on holiday or go away to things during this time, a lot of teams would fold as a result. people need to chill out, been a bad year weather wise but that is what comes with living in this part of world.

Has it ?

Been next to no snow this year, or last.

The personal attacks on the guys on the AAFA Executive are really unnecessary.

I often disagree with them, but would raise my issues directly with them if I felt it necessary.

Doing it on social media but then saying nothing at meetings is not how to conduct business.

Whatever your thought are of them, I'd say they deserve respect for the time and effort they put in.

Getting the man's name wrong is almost certainly an unintentional disrespect, and says more about the person scribbling it than the man himself.

I am not, never have been and never will be on the Executive Committee.

I know guys who have been in the game as long as I have, and over the years have fostered their dislikes, but that never stops them showing respect.

Summerhill don't appear as an Amateur AFA club in the handbook 2011-2012.

They do 2012-2013.

The Association goes back to at least 1948.

• Upvote 1

The personal attacks on the guys on the AAFA Executive are really unnecessary.

I often disagree with them, but would raise my issues directly with them if I felt it necessary.

Doing it on social media but then saying nothing at meetings is not how to conduct business.

Whatever your thought are of them, I'd say they deserve respect for the time and effort they put in.

Getting the man's name wrong is almost certainly an unintentional disrespect, and says more about the person scribbling it than the man himself.

I am not, never have been and never will be on the Executive Committee.

I know guys who have been in the game as long as I have, and over the years have fostered their dislikes, but that never stops them showing respect.

Summerhill don't appear as an Amateur AFA club in the handbook 2011-2012.

They do 2012-2013.

The Association goes back to at least 1948.

It's certainly run like we're still in 1948.

The Player and the Club in Question will both get the book thrown at them. The Club for basically lying and the Player for the same thing when asked his name.

The Uni Clubs are a shambles at the moment, personally think this is down to them getting into Juniors, their priority is that and the Am teams are suffering, they have probably plundered each team to get the best of them all and they are left with the dregs etc etc.

Things is though, all 3 of the teams are in the relegation zones in their leagues from what I can see but willing to bet that by some miracle none of them are there come the end of the season, they will somehow find some form and players out of nowehere, they always seem to.

Division 1 East, Uni Strollers haven't had a sniff all season but now sit on 17 points...amazing turnaround. After the juniors finished up. Amazing.

The fact all the Uni teams get to start their season 2 months after all other teams is not right either. They will have loads of available players based from Aberdeen who can play for them in August and September. All the other teams in the leagues don't get any special treatment to their players who work offshore. Some teams have 6-7 players missing at a time through work commitments yet we all just have to get on with it.

Uni's first season in the Juniors this season and they had to start the season at the same time as all other teams and they fielded a team and actually won their first game. So it proves it can be done.

The fact all the Uni teams get to start their season 2 months after all other teams is not right either. They will have loads of available players based from Aberdeen who can play for them in August and September. All the other teams in the leagues don't get any special treatment to their players who work offshore. Some teams have 6-7 players missing at a time through work commitments yet we all just have to get on with it.

Uni's first season in the Juniors this season and they had to start the season at the same time as all other teams and they fielded a team and actually won their first game. So it proves it can be done.

What pisses me of is RGU get the same allowance yet they are an allumni team.

Division 1 East, Uni Strollers haven't had a sniff all season but now sit on 17 points...amazing turnaround. After the juniors finished up. Amazing.

Aye we fell victim to the new boys at the start of their surge up the league, albeit we played terrible but they were not a bottom of the division team that had yet to win a game when they beat us!

Absolutely agree that all teams should start the same time regardless of players available an what not, sign more boys if that is the case!

maybe taking a step back to something earlier discussed however clubs are aware that they can ask for the rule regarding the Uni teams to be changed? if people want it changed that much they should mention it at AGM for a vote to take place for a decision to be made, was said a few years back when I ran my team that if clubs wanted something done about the uni teams starting late they needed to raise it. said it before will say it again, pointless getting frustrated over it if the clubs, who have the power to get a change don't actually ask for it to happen. my mate still runs his team and he told me at last couple of meetings not a soul has said a thing yet online all the time there are clubs bleating and bitching about something.

If they want to start the season later, they should be made to use their allocation of "free dates" to cover it. Not start later and then also get their allowance of free weeks.

I agree,

You only get 4 free dates a season so that would be them getting only first two weeks off of season and be playing mid August as opposed to starting on around 25th Sept each season.

Im sure it was brought up a few seasons ago and a compromise was made that they did not enter all the cups and had to pull out of two cups each season.

maybe taking a step back to something earlier discussed however clubs are aware that they can ask for the rule regarding the Uni teams to be changed? if people want it changed that much they should mention it at AGM for a vote to take place for a decision to be made, was said a few years back when I ran my team that if clubs wanted something done about the uni teams starting late they needed to raise it. said it before will say it again, pointless getting frustrated over it if the clubs, who have the power to get a change don't actually ask for it to happen. my mate still runs his team and he told me at last couple of meetings not a soul has said a thing yet online all the time there are clubs bleating and bitching about something.

So if I'm not on the committee of my team what would you advise I do?

bobo, I would speak to your clubs committee and ask them what their views were, being fair you are not the only person who thinks this way so all it needs is one club to stand up and ask at the AGM and if there is a consensus then there could perhaps then be a vote, if there is a meeting before the AGM it could be brought up there even.

I am with you, I think all teams should start at the same time, think bruce said it, they managed to get junior season started and there are plenty students who stay in Aberdeen over the summer so arguably no excuses not to start at same time, failing that they should maybe stop thinking they are athletic bilbao and consider using non students to get games played