Amateur/junior Football

for some reason these days people put a major emphasis on pre season results, being honest they mean nothing at all..........you can win every game 10-0 but be totally horrific once the real stuff starts, its all really aout testing new players, getting match fit/sharp and trying new things that you wouldn't perhaps try in a competitive match.

for some reason these days people put a major emphasis on pre season results, being honest they mean nothing at all..........you can win every game 10-0 but be totally horrific once the real stuff starts, its all really aout testing new players, getting match fit/sharp and trying new things that you wouldn't perhaps try in a competitive match.

Absolutely, we got pumped 10-1 last preseason by a team who in the end got relegated, think we only ever win like 1 of our preseason friendlies. This season has been a lot of trying out for us although that said with only 3 friendlies to try out 7 or 8 new guys it's been a bit of a shambles, we should really have had 5 or 6 lined up to get match fitness in as well!

the fact sport Aberdeen only makes sheds available for pitches doesn't help so unless your club has a "name", you have contacts with Junior Clubs or can play teams who have their own pitches getting more than 3 friendlies is a bonus!

Sport Aberdeen need to do more though, I can see why they do it, ie to protect the pitches however Aultons sits empty for the whole of August, surely they could grant temporary use to adult football whilst the Juveniles are off?

the fact sport Aberdeen only makes sheds available for pitches doesn't help so unless your club has a "name", you have contacts with Junior Clubs or can play teams who have their own pitches getting more than 3 friendlies is a bonus!

Sport Aberdeen need to do more though, I can see why they do it, ie to protect the pitches however Aultons sits empty for the whole of August, surely they could grant temporary use to adult football whilst the Juveniles are off?

Absolutely! We play out at Lawsondale and pitch share with Westdyke and the pitch we use throughout the season is the best it has been in years if not ever, I'd have to actually say one of the best in the leagues behind a few.

However we were only allowed two friendlies (not on our pitch, that never gets used for friendlies) and one of them was against Westdyke too so that used up one even though they were technically the home team for it so we are limited to where we can play also!

Although the new project should be up and running soon there I'd hope, plans for a 4G pitch which would benefit not only local teams but some others if there was space between all of Westdykes kids, youths and amateur teams using it...

• 2 weeks later...

We beat them 17-1 on Saturday and they said afterwards they had no plans to fold. Shame.

A couple of their players went to Beacon, I heard they lost 17 in total. Their best player went to Woodside.

Their best two players were Danny and Jake. One went to Parkvale and the other to Woodside. No idea about the rest of them. Have they definitely folded?

pretty sure yeh, my mate showed me a FB post from what appeared to be their manager stating the decision to fold etc. Not easy running a team and keeping it going, know that from my own experience of having a team, it breaking up and the results drying up, it can be hard to keep going. If you can get the help, I didn't, it is worth doing though as come 2/3 weeks time when the evening games stop and its 1 game a week players will soon tire of being subs and or not being in the squads and will start to move so they may have picked up players who knows

pretty sure yeh, my mate showed me a FB post from what appeared to be their manager stating the decision to fold etc. Not easy running a team and keeping it going, know that from my own experience of having a team, it breaking up and the results drying up, it can be hard to keep going. If you can get the help, I didn't, it is worth doing though as come 2/3 weeks time when the evening games stop and its 1 game a week players will soon tire of being subs and or not being in the squads and will start to move so they may have picked up players who knows

They weren't great last season with the other players so you can imagine what effect losing all those players would have.

It's just a matter of time...

I will join a team that you're due to play and I'll wind you up as per and slag your Adolf Hitler boots, and you'll lash out.

You'll not get back in the team when you're on holiday anyways, so pretty much as good as a suspension. Nae luck.

We're taking free weeks when I'm away as most of the team seem to have booked their holidays at the same time!

Noticed Cove and Woodside have dropped some unexpected points already this season. Could be a tight league this year both at the top and also at the bottom with 4 teams going down.

They were raging, we scored with pretty much last kick (header) of game, fully deserved victory for the mighty Alford roared on by a big crowd, they don't like it when they don't get everything their own way, three players booked at once for harassing the ref. :swear:

They were raging, we scored with pretty much last kick (header) of game, fully deserved victory for the mighty Alford roared on by a big crowd, they don't like it when they don't get everything their own way, three players booked at once for harassing the ref. :swear:

Just caught up on the scores from Wednesday now, very good result for you guys! :applause:

• 1 month later...

Local round should mean local round... instead we are away up to play against Tongue, a place I didn't even know existed, an hour and a half away from John O'Groats!

Strange considering there is only two teams from that North West Sutherland League in our round, the other being Embo who Middlefield have to travel away up to also for their match, why not just make them 2 play each other then move the winner in to the next round where it all gets mixed anyway...

Either way we are making the most of it and staying overnight afterwards in Inverness.