Amateur/junior Football

Playing catch up must have evened any advantage up?

Thing is most of the league ended up playing 3 games a week at the end of the season. They play on an artificial pitch so wont have had a lot of the call offs mid season yet avoided games the opening few weeks of the season when guys are usually on holiday etc. If they play in a regular league, they should have to abide by the same rules as the rest of the league.

Thing is most of the league ended up playing 3 games a week at the end of the season. They play on an artificial pitch so wont have had a lot of the call offs mid season yet avoided games the opening few weeks of the season when guys are usually on holiday etc. If they play in a regular league, they should have to abide by the same rules as the rest of the league.[

ok, see what you mean.

Well done anyway.

The clubs in the Association could have voted to make all the Uni teams start at the same time as the rest of the teams but have never done so. I suspect now that some clubs will try and change it at this year's AGM.

However as it stands RGU played by the rules so deserved their title.

Thing is most of the league ended up playing 3 games a week at the end of the season. They play on an artificial pitch so wont have had a lot of the call offs mid season yet avoided games the opening few weeks of the season when guys are usually on holiday etc. If they play in a regular league, they should have to abide by the same rules as the rest of the league.

I believe they were playing some 'away games' on their pitch as teams were wanting games played when weather was bad to avoid such a backlog. Not sure how often that happened or how much truth in it there was. Think it was a player playing in that league that told me a few months ago

I believe they were playing some 'away games' on their pitch as teams were wanting games played when weather was bad to avoid such a backlog. Not sure how often that happened or how much truth in it there was. Think it was a player playing in that league that told me a few months ago

Damn disgrace!

Heard yesterday that there is a protest in about the elegibility of a player used by Cove. If they lose that then they could lose points gained in the match concerned plus usual 3 point penalty. That could relegate them without a need for playoffs.

Any ideas when the leagues come out? I see a few teams have started pre-season already. WTF is that about? I'm still getting over the 3 games a week, end of season circus. I'm easily a month off even thinking about kicking a ball!

Seen that. Utter madness. After playing basically 3 games a week for 2 months solid in April and May you should be giving the lads all of June off at least to recharge batteries. We don't resume until 9th July.

Any ideas when the leagues come out? I see a few teams have started pre-season already. WTF is that about? I'm still getting over the 3 games a week, end of season circus. I'm easily a month off even thinking about kicking a ball!

It's normally pretty easy to work out. When I played, our manager had the leagues worked out as soon as the leagues were finished. Normally all the odd placed and even finished teams from both leagues are together, including the promoted & relegated teams.

bobo you are right, quite a lot of clubs I know do that, the little handbook even shows you how you can work it out!

Bruce, 100% agree with you. Add in the fact that the euros are on as well people will just want a break and to re-charge batteries, I know when I finished the season I just wanted a total break as much the lads, we all love our football and of course talking about it but starting pre season now just smacks of sadness to me, 3-4 weeks maximum with 2-3 friendlies is all you need.

Seen that. Utter madness. After playing basically 3 games a week for 2 months solid in April and May you should be giving the lads all of June off at least to recharge batteries. We don't resume until 9th July.

Totally agree Bruce. We finished on 4th June and wont be restarting until 9th as well. Lads need a break, so do those helping in the background
  • 3 months later...

Scottish cup weekend in the amateurs this weekend. Is this the last 'all local' round or is there another one after this

This is the last one by the looks of it.

Scottish Amateur Cup 2nd Round

Saturday 1st October 2016 (All Regions)

Scottish Amateur Cup 3rd Round

Saturday 5th November 2016.

http://www.scottishamateurfa.co.uk/static_page/id/ScottishAmateurCupandSundayTrophyDates

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...