Langfield In Hospital

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of onfield issues - worrying news and hope he makes a full recovery. I would guess he'll be getting a scan soon and then more will be known about outlook. Epilepsy can be a one-off event eg after too much booze or medicines that disagree with you or just "luck" or can be a sign of something far worse.

My best wishes for a full recovery.

Out of curiosity, what would your view be if he had verbally agreed on a contract but for whatever reason it was never signed? f**k him off and cast him aside?

No - he is still under contract til end of June. I would remove contract offer most definitely. Harsh maybe but as said before AFC not a charity and giving a player who can't play a new contract would just be stupid. Just like in every other line of business.

At my work staff member goes ill company has responsibilities but if contractor goes ill they get nothing and no pay. It is shame but it is life.

Are you saying you would give him new deal regardless?

No - he is still under contract til end of June. I would remove contract offer most definitely. Harsh maybe but as said before AFC not a charity and giving a player who can't play a new contract would just be stupid. Just like in every other line of business.

At my work staff member goes ill company has responsibilities but if contractor goes ill they get nothing and no pay. It is shame but it is life.

agree with k9, contract or not if someone canot fullfill that contract for medical reasons outwith football then insurance would pay out not the club, don't see why they would have to pay if he cannot do the job he's asked to do.

I would make sure his family are looked after until he got back to health, if that was to take a year then so be it.

We've got a reputation in the game for looking after our players, many ex-players have said that in the past.

Hopefully speak with some authority as I have a son who regularly has a seizure (probably 1 every 6 months or so)

First of all some asking hopefully it isnt serious, Oh it is every one is life threatening

Secondly it aint neccesary a fit, often a sizure is just that every single muscle seizes up tight and he becomes "vacant" post a seizure how drained a person is is unbeleivable - it may only be a very short time but every muscle super tense = knackered

Often it is this knackered and vacancy that leads the conclusion that a seizure has happened it can be missed - It can also happen in your sleep!

One serious problem is if unsupported when the seizure happens, worst my son had was sitting on the edge of a bed had seizure fell off bed head first into a wall.

Medication, those saying what about a contract offer - very easy to control - yes i know my son has then regularly but there are a number of complications in his case to consider

Finally to Jamie get well soon, more importantly to the family, yes it is concerning yes it will be a huge worry probably the worst thing in the world was actually seeing his total disorientation afterwards, but I've been there I'm still smiling and it is controllable and manageable, just don't let him sit on beds close to the wall!

Finally you know when one is coming when you know the signs, oh not to the minute but within a day or so you can spot it

probably the worst thing in the world was actually seeing his total disorientation afterwards,

Agreed, seen a couple of lads have fits before.

Once was at training, poor lad had a fit, got up, took his clothes off and sort of tried to join back in with training. Looked mega confused, stuttering etc.

Horrible.

Absolutely shocked and stunned at this news. Get well soon Jamie. As someone who suffers from epilepsy and seizures I can only hope the treatment he receives works as well as it has done for me these past few years. I used to take partial seizures (embarrasing!), then full seizures but thankfully only when in my bed and it was controlled with the first drug I was put on. Apart from not being able to drive for a year and a half and having a restricted license, I have been very, very lucky.

get well soon mr langfield!

we need you

Er...no we don't. Far from it actually.

But agree with the initial sentiment.

Here's hoping he'll be fine. :crossfingers:

Out of curiosity, what would your view be if he had verbally agreed on a contract but for whatever reason it was never signed? f**k him off and cast him aside?

Probably the most crass rhetorical question I've seen in my entire puff.

Just found out - completely in shock.

Our views of Jamie the footballer cause much debate but what is certain is that he is one of ours and the Red Army must offer as much support as we can for the fella.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XQAH0IySz0

3:17 shows what Aberdeen Football Club means to him - that stuck in my head at the time and i've never fotgotten it.

Situations like this put wee quarrels and bickering on our team into perspective - hope you are ok in the end up big man.

JB xx