Langfield In Hospital

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Sponsor

Yes I agree, although in defence of the sceptics they have also targeted Diamond, Mackie, Maguire, Mulgrew, Paton, Young and a host of others, so it's not like poor Jamie was singled out.

He's always struck me as having the best interest of the club at heart, I think he was genuinely broken not to have played at Hampden versus QoS, and I believe we would have been in the final if he did play that day.

All the best to him, and please everyone forget about bickering and just show some humanity in this thread, make it sacred, so if he's reading it, it perks him up.

OK Tup you have moved it on.

There is nothing whatsoever from his previous semi final displays to back up your statement.

OK Tup you have moved it on.

There is nothing whatsoever from his previous semi final displays to back up your statement.

That has absolutely no bearing whatsoever. Each game is different.

It's simply because he's a much better keeper than Soutar, which he proved beforehand and afterward.

Anyone who has played football knows that having a shaky keeper puts the whole defence all over the shop.

• Site Sponsor

It's simply because he's a much better keeper than Soutar, which he proved beforehand and afterward.

Anyone who has played football knows that having a shaky keeper puts the whole defence all over the shop.

It has plenty of bearing on it.

He was dropped after the Bayern hammering in Munich because of his display there and did nothing to regain his place.

His performance against Dundee Utd in the other semi final that season was also woeful. You are entitled to your opinion on the matter but as I say he has been culpable in all three semi finals he has played in so nothing to suggest it would not have happened in a fourth.

Anyway, hopefully the Docs have resolved the issue for him and he can come back strongly from this.

• Site Sponsor

You're saying he was culpable for the two defeats to Celtic recently?

No debating the first one and he was at fault for the first goal in the second. No poiint saving penalties, etc if you are eventually going to throw the ball in the net.

Yes I agree, although in defence of the sceptics they have also targeted Diamond, Mackie, Maguire, Mulgrew, Paton, Young and a host of others, so it's not like poor Jamie was singled out.

He's always struck me as having the best interest of the club at heart, I think he was genuinely broken not to have played at Hampden versus QoS, and I believe we would have been in the final if he did play that day.

All the best to him, and please everyone forget about bickering and just show some humanity in this thread, make it sacred, so if he's reading it, it perks him up.

Aye, hard to believe, as I said leave any debates on footballing matters to the relevant threads, something this serious transcends any other issue, and I can't fathom why anyone would want to use such a thread to say anything derogatory at all, staggering mentality to even comprehend it.

Unbelieveable. :facepalm:

Incidentally, I agree with RTYD.

No debating the first one and he was at fault for the first goal in the second. No poiint saving penalties, etc if you are eventually going to throw the ball in the net.

I tend to see it that Celtic simply had much better players than us and were firing shots in from all angles some of which would inevitably go in.

I don't think Langfield was to blame at all.

• Site Sponsor

I tend to see it that Celtic simply had much better players than us and were firing shots in from all angles some of which would inevitably go in.

I don't think Langfield was to blame at all.

We'll agree to disagree.

I thought that Celtic would score a second goal in the second half of the 1976 League cup final. Inevitable if you like. However Willie Miller had big enough balls to think otherwise and almost single handedly staved them off, until the Brush stepped in and did his bit.

Nothing is inevitable but you need to believe.

Like Diamond he should have been allowed to go.

Best wishes Jamie hope you get better soon.

Heard he could be getting moved down to a hospital in sheffield so surely its serious.

thoughts are with his wife, hes got 2 young children. must be a scary time for the whole family.

some people on here are a joke like, embaressed to be writing on the same site as them. this clearly isnt a time for petty jokes.

Seriously? The guy has a seizure and is stuck in hospital and people are saying sh*t like "he should have been allowed to go"? Get a grip.

To be fair mate, this is an internet discussion forum and within any thread about one of our players, it's almost inevitable things will deviate towards footballing matters.

I really don't see a problem with any of the comments posted here... save for maybe, amancalledbucks joke. It's obviously a terrible thing that's happened to him and his family and I think everyone would agree that we wish him a speedy recovery - I haven't seen anyone suggest otherwise.

I know, and I tried to tell everyone to leave it, to no avail :ThumbsDown:

Jesus wept! As I said, I don't have a problem with it, but you were one of the protagonists!

There's no need to bring other stuff into this thread. There are plenty of other threads where "discussion" takes place. It's petty and crass to bring up sh*t like lets hope he hasn't signed a contract or we should have got rid of him beforehand here. There's no need for it.

Petty and crass can stay in the general discussion threads. Not ones about the guy having a potentially serious medical issue. It's not a huge ask surely? Simple human decency would be nice to see.

It's a fitba forum, and if there's compasion showed from every poster (which I have seen so far) then why not discuss his footballing ability?. I really do wish him the best of luck with diagnosis and my thoughts are with his family in what is no doubt a horrible time for them but it doesn't change the fact that I don't think he should have been given a new contract.

Get well soon Jamie!

Seriously? The guy has a seizure and is stuck in hospital and people are saying sh*t like "he should have been allowed to go"? Get a grip.

Just cause he is ill shouldn't mean all of a sudden we should all want him to stay at AFC. And as said above NOBODY has done anything but wish him all the best and recover fully. "Get a grip"

is there any news of his progress?

I take it these things can have "aftershocks"

ie: sometimes another one follows the main one?

If it was a seizure caused by an aneurysm then the answer is yes. My Mum had one a couple of years ago and nearly died. The first one that caused her to be rushed to hospital wasn't too bad, but she was still lucky to survive. However, after the operation they discovered another weakness that was on the verge of rupturing - if that had gone, she would have died. After discovering the hospital immediately airlifted to her another hospital who could perform the appropriate procedure.

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Langfield might have to be moved down to Sheffield.... so perhaps he has something similar. I really hope it's not the case however, as the whole thing really f**ked up my mum... she was quite ill for several months and it took about a year for her full speech to return. If this is what's happened to Langfield then he'll be finished in football.

Just cause he is ill shouldn't mean all of a sudden we should all want him to stay at AFC. And as said above NOBODY has done anything but wish him all the best and recover fully. "Get a grip"

:applause: There have been some silly comments in this thread by some lads that need to dry their eyes.

If he is off to Sheffield that would be unusual - the Southern is highly regarded in neurology/neurosurgery and there is very little they could not deal with. If they are after specific expertise in Sheffield it is because of something unusual or tricky; neither likely to be good news. The other possibility is that there are no appropriate ITU beds post surgery in Glasgow and Sheffield is the nearest centre with space.

All the best Jamie - get well soon.

Id also say the other way round also - a shaky defence puts the keeper all over the place.