Langfield In Hospital

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible news. Wish the guy all the best in his recovery. The flak he's taken over these past few years has been well over the top imo.

Yes I agree, although in defence of the sceptics they have also targeted Diamond, Mackie, Maguire, Mulgrew, Paton, Young and a host of others, so it's not like poor Jamie was singled out.

He's always struck me as having the best interest of the club at heart, I think he was genuinely broken not to have played at Hampden versus QoS, and I believe we would have been in the final if he did play that day.

All the best to him, and please everyone forget about bickering and just show some humanity in this thread, make it sacred, so if he's reading it, it perks him up.

Yes I agree, although in defence of the sceptics they have also targeted Diamond, Mackie, Maguire, Mulgrew, Paton, Young and a host of others, so it's not like poor Jamie was singled out.

He's always struck me as having the best interest of the club at heart, I think he was genuinely broken not to have played at Hampden versus QoS, and I believe we would have been in the final if he did play that day.

All the best to him, and please everyone forget about bickering and just show some humanity in this thread, make it sacred, so if he's reading it, it perks him up.

Good observation. Calderwoods rotation of keeper that season was suspect. But Clangers should have played in that match. He deserved that. And I agree, I suspect we would have made the final if he did play. And we would have humped the Huns at that point as well.

Video post from me earlier is there for a reason - he came back in for the Dnipro match and the rest is a nice bit of our history that he was a big part of - a little reminder of how the guy can perform when his confidence is up and he has an organised backline in front of him.

I sincerely hope that is the case next season on many levels.

Sad tonight.

I remember thinking at that game that Soutar set the tone for the defensive shambles. Very early on he made a f**k up from a back pass I think. Left it too late and ended up kicking it straight to a QoS player or something like that. Don't think the defence could trust him after that and panic set in, hence the defeat. Like others, I believe we would have won that game had Langfield been in goals.

I think the reason why I like Jamie Langfield so much is because of his feelings towards the club. That bit of footage in the Copenhagen highlights sum it up, and the way he reacted to Vernon's injury time goal against Hamilton in January does too. Not often you see a keeper run the entire length of the pitch to join in a goal celebration! That sort of attitude towards the club is what I love to see from our players and I actually hold it in higher regard than the skill levels of some players. Not saying skill is important, but players who connect with the fans towards their love for the club is great to see. Of course, I also rate Langfield very highly as a goalkeeper, not just his attitude towards the club.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I wish him and his family all the best at what will be an obviously difficult time.

I remember thinking at that game that Soutar set the tone for the defensive shambles. Very early on he made a f**k up from a back pass I think. Left it too late and ended up kicking it straight to a QoS player or something like that. Don't think the defence could trust him after that and panic set in, hence the defeat. Like others, I believe we would have won that game had Langfield been in goals.

I think the reason why I like Jamie Langfield so much is because of his feelings towards the club. That bit of footage in the Copenhagen highlights sum it up, and the way he reacted to Vernon's injury time goal against Hamilton in January does too. Not often you see a keeper run the entire length of the pitch to join in a goal celebration! That sort of attitude towards the club is what I love to see from our players and I actually hold it in higher regard than the skill levels of some players. Not saying skill is important, but players who connect with the fans towards their love for the club is great to see. Of course, I also rate Langfield very highly as a goalkeeper, not just his attitude towards the club.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I wish him and his family all the best at what will be an obviously difficult time.

I agree, our defence was at sea because the keeper was all over the place, a bit of composure, which gaffes aside he does provide, would have seen us settle into the game far better. It was laughable that every time QoS had an attack, they scored.

It was score settling from Calderwood that seen Soutar play because he knows enough about football to know Langfield is twice as good at least.

My young son who's been to several Dons games now burst into tears when I told him this so that makes it more resonant from me, he's a staunch Dons loon and he's broken so extreme best wishes to JL, his recovery would make my loon happy in any case.

Some of the comments on here really show the mentality of some of AFC's so called fans. To mention insurance etc is disgusting. Football is just a game. I wish Jamie Langfield all the best in his recovery, best wishes also to his family at this worrying and difficult time. Amancalledbuck should be banned for comments like his last one your obviously not a well educated person.

Some of the comments on here really show the mentality of some of AFC's so called fans. To mention insurance etc is disgusting. Football is just a game. I wish Jamie Langfield all the best in his recovery, best wishes also to his family at this worrying and difficult time. Amancalledbuck should be banned for comments like his last one your obviously not a well educated person.

Wise up min, its a football forum and im sure everyone wishes him well despite their opinions on the guy myself included.

Wise up min, its a football forum and im sure everyone wishes him well despite their opinions on the guy myself included.

Opinions? Football forum? THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH FFS!!

............And yet some on here are so far up their own arse they stoop lower than gutter level to include contract costs/insurance etc etc into a situation of which we know scant detail at this point and the only thing any DECENT human being would have to say on the matter is one of symapthy. I lost one close person to a brain tumour and in my line of work have dealt with many people who suffer fits. As per usual on here, easy to say things behind the safety of a computer screen. Wise up? Check out the definition! :-(

Aye, hard to believe, as I said leave any debates on footballing matters to the relevant threads, something this serious transcends any other issue, and I can't fathom why anyone would want to use such a thread to say anything derogatory at all, staggering mentality to even comprehend it.