Union Street Decline

Pot Luck

Change isn't always a bad thing, folk should take off their Rose tinted specs when thinking bout 'the good old day's.

Agree with this. People need to move with the times. In fact, was there not a thread the other day where folk were commenting on how many hoors there are wandering about on Union Street nowadays? Why not kill two birds with one stone by rejuvenating the city centre Amsterdam-stylee by getting these gals off the streets and into all the empty shop windows offering passers-by their services?

amsterdamprostitutes.jpg

You can't have travelled much.

Aberdeen is an oasis of calm and beauty compared to most city and town centres in Scotland.

Been to pretty much every big-ish city over the years.

Aberdeen is looking more and more like motherwell by the week.

And like i say, more minks or junkies than anywhere else i have been.

Ye get fit ye wish for.

Weemin want convenience, therefore it makes sense for Tesco to swallow up all others and run the whole show from top to bottom.

That's pretty much where we're heading.

Couple that with their loyalty cards, and Governmental spying on internet usage, and you basically have everything you need to know about any individual at your fingertips.

High Streets up and down Britain are f**ked, it's not just Aberdeen by a long shot.

Basically it's all our fault for suckling on the teat of the major superstores

Because we're too grippy and way too lazy.

EG.The Butcher in the market has great mealy puddings but that means parking at so and so and walking then there's the traffic.

So you go to asda/tesco ect and get an inferior product but you can save

That was their intention....its worked, people believe these places are up-market.

they aint.

Strip away the fancy, shiny MDF sheeting, and behind those closed doors are Eastern Europeans and retards making your Waga-f**king-Mama pish.

And no doubt blasting their muck into it to spite you, a side dressing of gentlemen's relish, get it up ye ya snooty b*stards :spunk:

Strip away the fancy, shiny MDF sheeting, and behind those closed doors are Eastern Europeans and retards making your Waga-f**king-Mama pish.

And no doubt blasting their muck into it to spite you, a side dressing of gentlemen's relish, get it up ye ya snooty b*stards :spunk:

correct, i was at the cinema last week and said to the good lady that I couldnt believe how busy these places were, these sort of places are over-priced and are killing the decent (not many) places in Aberdeen.

but the rates in these places would kill a private owner

but the rates in these places would kill a private owner

Which is the whole point. It's, if you pardon the pun, becoming a closed shop, for all but the few, the mega-rich.

A bit like the EPL really, a bit like society.

Squeeze us much more and you have revolution.

The only issue with that is that there is such blanket surveillance of all aspects of life that organising it would prove all but impossible, as the rich have the resources and are armed to the teeth.

Which is the whole point. It's, if you pardon the pun, becoming a closed shop, for all but the few, the mega-rich.

A bit like the EPL really, a bit like society.

Squeeze us much more and you have revolution.

The only issue with that is that there is such blanket surveillance of all aspects of life that organising it would prove all but impossible, as the rich have the resources and are armed to the teeth.

yip, and when you are served yer 12oz arse end of a kangaroo steak or minced cock of a hippo chilli and over microwaved nachos dont complain!

when you get that dreaded :were meeting at nandos for my 40th" invites, it fills me with deep depression, so I get pished prior to eating any of it.

Folk can say what they want about shopping mall food places, but Nando's is f**king birlliant. :thumbs:

For Dynamo and gay-arsed mall eateries, read Bluto and EPL.

Say what you like about it etc etc it's ace, I don't care about the small shops and restaurants, the fact they've been run into the ground by multi-national conglomerates is of course their own fault, just for being there, if they'd got their houses in order this would not have happened, and if they want to compete they are just going to have to come up with a couple of billion to do so, put up or shut up small fry.

what are the rental cost of a shitty little box in a crappy retail mall compared with a union street plot?

i presume, given the relative brands that union street rates are dirt cheap?

Nae Idea, but you wont find a carmines or heavinly pizza in union square or bon accord centre, so i would imagine a pretty penny.

these places are pish, frankie and bennies, chiquito, TGI's are all dross...............

For Dynamo and gay-arsed mall eateries, read Bluto and EPL.

Say what you like about it etc etc it's ace, I don't care about the small shops and restaurants, the fact they've been run into the ground by multi-national conglomerates is of course their own fault, just for being there, if they'd got their houses in order this would not have happened, and if they want to compete they are just going to have to come up with a couple of billion to do so, put up or shut up small fry.

there was a small italian on george street we took the kids for lunch on a Saturday, forget its name....closed a few years back, superb little place, loved it.

Bervy Chipper (inverbervie) was superb, would drive doon for their fish n chips, Sandies in Stoney was also superb.

I stay in most weekends now, buy some good buther meat, get to a decent deli and eat at hame.....