Union Street Decline

Pot Luck

Nae Idea, but you wont find a carmines or heavinly pizza in union square or bon accord centre, so i would imagine a pretty penny.

these places are pish, frankie and bennies, chiquito, TGI's are all dross...............

f**k me. whats wrong with a bit of individuality. or as much individuality as you can get in a union street plot. surely more character and a better shopping experience than in a mall.

folk should vote with their feet and just nae go to these shops.

that'd learn them.

Folk can say what they want about shopping mall food places, but Nando's is f**king birlliant. :thumbs:

no it is not. It is awful.

Oh and good to see tup managed to get his traditional dig at the EPL in thins thread as well. Keep up the good work tup.

For Dynamo and gay-arsed mall eateries, read Bluto and EPL.

Say what you like about it etc etc it's ace, I don't care about the small shops and restaurants, the fact they've been run into the ground by multi-national conglomerates is of course their own fault, just for being there, if they'd got their houses in order this would not have happened, and if they want to compete they are just going to have to come up with a couple of billion to do so, put up or shut up small fry.

I agree with you, I'd never go 'out for tea' to Nando's. Just if you're in town and fancy a quick bite. If I was out for a proper meal, i'd much rather go to a small independant restaurant run by local people.

Would you not go to eat there on principal, or because you think it'd be sh*te? Or both?

I was under the imppresion, not sure why maybe i assumed, that Union Square was built to tie in with the train station so as to sell Aberdeen as a shopping destination, which i dont think has worked out as it took a year to sort out the pavment to walk to the trinity centre plus its a walk over busy road etc etc, for the holiday shopper its not very good imo.

I was under the imppresion, not sure why maybe i assumed, that Union Square was built to tie in with the train station so as to sell Aberdeen as a shopping destination, which i dont think has worked out as it took a year to sort out the pavment to walk to the trinity centre plus its a walk over busy road etc etc, for the holiday shopper its not very good imo.

pish shops, pish food....pish location.

I agree with you, I'd never go 'out for tea' to Nando's. Just if you're in town and fancy a quick bite. If I was out for a proper meal, i'd much rather go to a small independant restaurant run by local people.

Would you not go to eat there on principal, or because you think it'd be sh*te? Or both?

I'd never consider eating Mexican food, these people are Mexican for a reason, I'm Scottish, no way on this earth I'm putting guacamole or fitiver down my throat, glorified snotters thon.

I'd never consider eating Mexican food, these people are Mexican for a reason, I'm Scottish, no way on this earth I'm putting guacamole or fitiver down my throat, glorified snotters thon.

What's Mexican food got to do with anything?

You on about Nando's? Portuguese I believe.

Places like the Grill are snake pits as well.

Right up your street, tup? :fatshaft:

Aye, the more traditional the better, I'm a working man, I've no time for pretence.

Sawdust on the floor, spit farever you want, no weemin's bogs, slightly stale smell of urine permeating the place, heaven.

Aye, the more traditional the better, I'm a working man, I've no time for pretence.

Sawdust on the floor, spit farever you want, no weemin's bogs, slightly stale smell of urine permeating the place, heaven.

when did you ever see a ''working man'' going round anally correcting folks spelling and grammer on an internet forum?????

youre proper salt of the earth you are tup.

Sounds like a gay bar, "spit farever you want" is a euphemism I presume.

Ah right, same thing really.

Fit the hell is Portuguese food then? I dread to think.

Octopus? Marzipan? Vulture?

i dinna eat that foreign muck.

i dinna like spicks and wogs and dagoes.

i eat haggis and dress like the porridge oats man

i'm proper scottish me.

Where do you tend to travel too when you're oot the hoose at a weekend?

What is your ideal Saturday fan the fitba isn't on?

All day in the pub, come home about teatime, smashing off the walls, fall asleep.

Wake up a few hours later, rough as f**k, make something to eat, fall back asleep again.

And, on alternate weekends, do not drink at all, and offer my time as service to society, bit of kids fitba, that kind of thing.

I like to mix it up a bit.

All day in the pub, come home about teatime, smashing off the walls, fall asleep.

Wake up a few hours later, rough as f**k, make something to eat, fall back asleep again.

And, on alternate weekends, do not drink at all, and offer my time as service to society, bit of kids fitba, that kind of thing.

I like to mix it up a bit.

PEADO!

Fair play. Where's do you normally drink when you're oot for beers? I seen you called Weatherspoons 'gay' and I agree with you (well barring when they have cracking drink deals on that I take advantage of) - so this is why I ask.

You got kids? Ony good? Ony chance of making it big?

I drink in decent pubs, anything that looks fancy I body swerve, but I'm easy, anywhere really.

Yes I have kids, very young, but the growth hormones I'm injecting him with should see him become the new Messi in no time, it's already given him a heads up on other loons his age group, he's wired with aggression and power, although nobody knows why yet, apart from Barcelona who supply the stuff.

weatherspoons, archie simpsons, like ****ing bus stations....hate them.

get yersell into the pittodrie bar, then doon to the scotia, up to the blue lamp....mannies pubs min

Dinna forget the Masada, an oasis in a desert of bufties in Rosemount.

have to agree with the criticism of Union Square, f**king sh*te place. I've been in a total of 3 times since the f**ker opened and I've no intention of going back.

Oh and Nandos is a horse sh*t

cant see this place surviving the next 5 years, It will end up a huge bar and diner mall......

horrible horrible place.....