Union Street Decline

Pot Luck

9 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Fuck me I'm hurtling towards 50 years of age and until today thought it was Princess Street.

Thank you for the education Moobzer.

Last time I was on it was a mix of rowdy youths, shite shops and trams trying to kill you.

Cracking bar/venue called Bannerman's that I do enjoy, that's a better area. Less Asian youths.

on the cowgate?

22 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Fuck knows.

I've just learned Princes Street today.

Up over the other side, dark and dingy rock bar, usually a washed up LA Sunset Strip band from the 80s playing.

I’m in

2 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Fuck knows.

I've just learned Princes Street today.

Up over the other side, dark and dingy rock bar, usually a washed up LA Sunset Strip band from the 80s playing.

It is the Cowgate. Short walk from @Arabian Knightand his cronies on Hunter Square, down past the Blair Street sauna to the bottom of the hill then along the road. Can't remember if it's left or right though. 

3 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

https://t.co/vshcyrLc3w

Another great, well though out idea from the ACC

Why does it need a cycle lane, what’s ACC obsession with cycle lanes. Why does a street closed off to all traffic bar buses and taxis* need a cycle lane, surely the cyclists can just use the road with those other two modes of transport.

* Haven’t been on Union Street for ages so don’t even know of those cunts can use it

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

https://t.co/vshcyrLc3w

Another great, well thought out idea from the ACC

On a similar note, the lack of flexibility with the opening/closing of bus gates when road works are going on just creates more chaos. The recent works around Union Square/Market Street should have called for the re-opening of bus gates at Bridge Street, Guild Street etc as a traffic calming measure. Instead everyone is funnelled down the same roads, sitting idling for long periods of time. I usually find a creative shortcut but if everyone did that, the shortcuts would become chokka block too.

The bus gates are bus gates, even when no buses are operating.

I'm not anti everything the Council do. I'm not completely against the bus gates or ULEZ zones. It's the blanket approach with zero flexibility that makes folk angry. I read a particular extreme example of a chap who commutes from Torry to Fittie having to take a five mile detour to get to his destination. I'm not sure that's the intention of a low emissions scheme.

I live fairly close to the City Centre so will tend to walk in. The buses are chronically bad and this latest closure of Union Street will make them even worse, particularly when every single bus route has to traverse the city centre. This free match day bus scheme is a great concept on the surface, until you're waiting for a bus that's 20odd minutes late. You'd be quicker walking almost all the time.

I don't have the solutions. People are paid to come up with these and are failing spectacularly.

7 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Are councillors just folk that are so inept they couldn't even make it in politics? Like squaddies and bouncers were too thick to be coppers?

I don't think there's any set of requirements to become a copper these days. Physical or mental.

Dumpy little lesbos and malnourished looking woofters in the final stages of Aids all turning up to maintain the thin blue line between order and chaos. 

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

I don't think there's any set of requirements to become a copper these days. Physical or mental.

Dumpy little lesbos and malnourished looking woofters in the final stages of Aids all turning up to maintain the thin blue line between order and chaos. 

spacer.png

:sherlock: