Your Local Boozer

Henry

I'm talking a proper local here lads - not just a pub you like that you drink in once every six months, but one you know the folk drinking in it, and the bar-staff know yer poison off the top their heads. Bluto, just pick one please.

Anyway, what do you like/dislike about yer local?

LIKE - Good pints, play for the pool team there, can be a cracking laugh in there with the right bunch, no TV.

DISLIKE - it's the only pub within walking distance so little choice of it being my local, no food, couple of self-righteous arseholes can tend to dominate conversation, elderly owner can tend to fall asleep behind the bar (she's also a bit mental), wood panelling decor slightly outdated.

I'll likely think of more.

EDIT: spelling.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm home my local is Key West in Westhill.

Getting to know a few of the guys in there now and the bar staff know what I drink now.

Sadly no pool or dart board, but there are often days out organised. Like Perth races earlier this year and a golf outing this weekend.

Occasionally drink in the Broadstraik or the bar in the Holiday Inn.

Getting to know a few of the guys in there now and the bar staff know what I drink now.

Sadly no pool or dart board, but there are often days out organised. Like Perth races earlier this year and a golf outing this weekend.

The Bobbin

I don't like the Key West at all.

my nearest 'local' would be the Whitehorse in Balmedie - public bar is a sh*t hole - restaurant/lounge is not too bad for a bit of scran.

Spend more time in the Mains of Scotstown in Bridge of Don, as most of my pals are from there. Good sports coverage on the telly, get a fine pint, good duker, pool tables, darts - winner all round really.

Negative - its about 5 miles from me!

White cock is my local, decent enough pub and know most people that go there plus it's the easiest place for most of my mates to get to.

Likes- two pool tables, an awesome juker, decent pints of strongbow and it's not far from my house, also chinese outside it aswell as a short walk to a kebab shop, perfect positioning, dart board aswell which is decent and has the big screens too for the games that are on.

Dislikes- Some of the folk that go there, neds and the types that enjoy a sniff or two but apart from that nae much else.

Why's that?

I've only been out here a year or so and it doesn't seem so bad.

Like I said not much to do in it which does make it boring a bit.

Just don't like the feel of the place. No real reason.

Is it not full of Tims too? :tup:

Prefer the hotel.

good boozer, decent pub grub and a "real" local.

fukk the holiday inn....its like a mini ****ing eastern european hotel.

cons: needs a bit of a facelift.

You see for me this is a pro. If a place is old and tatty looking, snobs automatically give it a wide berth, meaning peace for me and the rest of the normal, non-feel people to have a pint and swear like troopers without censure or tut-tutting.

You see for me this is a pro. If a place is old and tatty looking, snobs automatically give it a wide berth, meaning peace for me and the rest of the normal, non-feel people to have a pint and swear like troopers without censure or tut-tutting.

theres tatty and tatty tup, it just needs a lick o paint, a few new chairs...thats all, im nae talking about copies of monet, snooker playing dogs and beer mats, just a tidy up here and there

My local is the Mains of Scotstown. In there a lot of the time during my time off.

Good pint, good lads, cracking jukebox, pool, darts, big screen/split screen coverage for football .

Bad points: Quiz on a Thursday is sh*t, and the heating always being on even in summer.

White Horse in woodside was my local for a long time until things turned sour with the owner and darts team! Now tend to just drink in town or at the club. Most of the bars i liked to drink in arround town are closed now :(

Drink in the Newmachar Hotel, Pros always somebody to yap too, have a chuck at the board and pretty decent to watch telly, also when its foul outside sitting infront of the coal fire with a nice pint is perfect. Also do some cracking food.

Only downside is poor selection of beer on tap.

och, your just jealous as you've got as much class as a dangleberry in a hot tub.

The day I take to the vino tinto is the day anyone can feel free to shoot me.

I've a bottle I got gifted in the cupboard at home, it's been there a year and a half, you can have it if you like.

i have a number of locals, about 6 or so of which i am well known. :cool:

all are of a similar style but only one shows the football.

- as much football as you can drink a beer to. but the best bit is it doesnt take over the pub despite the big screen.

- good music

- comfortable bar stools

- nice terrace outside

- good banter with the locals

- friendly barstaff

- ace range of drinks

- brilliant beer : konig ludwig wheat beer for sessions and belgian beers for quaffing and fruit beers for the wife.

- good sprits too.

- nice cup of coffee too when i'm struggling. very rare these days.

- great bar snacks : cheese, pies, and pork scratchings

dislikes:

- they keep my bike when i've had a few too many. only a few min stumble home so mustnt grumble.

The day I take to the vino tinto is the day anyone can feel free to shoot me.

I've a bottle I got gifted in the cupboard at home, it's been there a year and a half, you can have it if you like.

you will die a sad and pathetic man mate if you canna appreciate a bottle of wine.

and you claim to be intelligent !!!!

:hysterical::hysterical: