Oslo

Dynamo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've worked in scandanavia, mainly Denmark but also Norway, you'd be surprised how many Muslims there actually are over there, only trouble i've seen in clubs etc has always been down to the tension between the locals and immigrants.

Don't know if its still like that as that was over 20 years ago but it doesn't surprise me to hear of bombings in that part of the World.

I've worked in scandanavia, mainly Denmark but also Norway, you'd be surprised how many Muslims there actually are over there, only trouble i've seen in clubs etc has always been down to the tension between the locals and immigrants.

Don't know if its still like that as that was over 20 years ago but it doesn't surprise me to hear of bombings in that part of the World.

Who mentioned it had anything to do with Muslims ?

3 "AQ suspects" were arrested last year in connection with a bomb plot in Norway. They were actaully linked to arrests in York & Manchester as well so it was only a matter of time.

Norwegians are way to liberal with their asylum policies and security is nowhere as good as it probably should be in these times.

3 "AQ suspects" were arrested last year in connection with a bomb plot in Norway. They were actaully linked to arrests in York & Manchester as well so it was only a matter of time.

Norwegians are way to liberal with their asylum policies and security is nowhere as good as it probably should be in these times.

Byen E Bergen is in Aberdeen this week.

Coincidence?

who knows. there were bombs found in that island where the PM was going to talk tomorrow.

it doesn't appear to be a typical jihadist attack what with the car bomb and shooting. Surely it would be a suicide bombing.

Edit:Police saying not linked to Islamic fundamentalism. More Oklahoma than World Trade Center by the looks of it.

I'm in my bed ill and have been switching coverage between Sky News and BBC. The difference in reporting is astounding but not surprising. Sky News is so sensationalist. They had some English twat guy on in the early hours saying he blamed the influence of Stieg Larson and other such authors. And a reporter asked one of the young people on the island, so are there police on the island now? WTF?? What a bunch of mongs. And you had Kay Burely being her usual callous self. Why she's still in a job I don't know.

www.scribd.com/mobile/documents/60705175

don't know if the link works but someone on Twitter has posted his contributions to a political website over the years. Someone who abhorred multiculturalism and Muslims and took inspiration from immigration policy of south Korea and Japan as well as how the English Defence League operated.

I'd be surprised if Norway had the death penalty.

No they don't.

There's surely a case for it though with people like this. Think of the money it'll cost the country to have him in prison for 50-60 years or however long he lives for. Bullet in the back of the head, job done.

No they don't.

There's surely a case for it though with people like this. Think of the money it'll cost the country to have him in prison for 50-60 years or however long he lives for. Bullet in the back of the head, job done.

In the States I've read that death row can cost just as much what with the cost of exhaustive legal appeals going on for years.

I'm totally against the death penalty but I don't want to hijack this thread about that.

I hope as Byen said that it doesn't lead to a massive change in the Norweigan way of life. Byen, I'm sure that it was in Norway where I saw in a newspaper once a member of the royal family cycling through a park. no security and mixing with locals. I think he was the equivalent of Prince Charles or William. I think that's a great way to live. And as the PM said they would respond win more democracy so fingers crossed.

All the flags in Shetland are at half mast too. its quite touching given the special relationship.

Two things.

Read that there were 29 murders in Norway in the whole of 2010! More than trebled in one day of 2011.

Also, off the BBC website:

"Mr Sponheim confirmed that the maximum time Mr Breivik could face in prison under Norwegian law is 21 years."

That is mental. Don't think he would be looked on fondly in prison though, effectively targeting children and teens in his attack...

www.scribd.com/mobile/documents/60705175

don't know if the link works but someone on Twitter has posted his contributions to a political website over the years. Someone who abhorred multiculturalism and Muslims and took inspiration from immigration policy of south Korea and Japan as well as how the English Defence League operated.

I've read his contributions, too. He is a Christian-Zionist (in the mould of Dutch Politician Geert Wilders) who apparently took exception to recent developments in Norwegian stance on world policy (they have been calling for Palestinian independence and recognition of statehood at the UN). The theory thus far is that he targeted this Labour Party event because of their strong opposition to Christian Zionism.

I'm not going to get bogged-down in conspiracy theories here, but there will be many who will argue that he hasn't acted alone, or at least had much encouragement from fellow extremist nutters. We shall see, IF indeed he gets as far as trial...

No they don't.

I heard that the maximum sentence in Norway is 21 years.